ADVERTISEMENT

Round 3 games prepay???

Schools only get 30% total gate (combined)? I understand the IHSA has plenty of admin fees but seems like schools should get to bring home a bigger piece of pie, I sure as hell don’t blame em for gaming the system prior to the online tix.

Last edited:
So this is where you make your stand? High school football games. I have no issue with going cashless. I already pay for almost everything without cash and so does the rest of the modern world.
I operate in the dark ages - the nightmare of being self-employed with no employees, and having no kids, so my tech skills were never forced to improve. My business does not accept electronic payments like Venmo, PayPal, CashApp, etc. I have eliminated all credit cards over the years, have no debit card, and refuse to ever have an ATM card ever again. I only upgraded to a "smart" phone from my 8 year old flip phone because they told me my old phone would no longer work on their new updated system. I still tend to use the phone like the flip phone, just to make calls...I have never downloaded an app onto my phone, and don't want to...I still write checks to pay my bills and support the postal system (gasp!)...It prevents me from doing some things I would like to do, but at this point if I can't pay cash I don't need to do it...

And in reality this saves the host school nothing...each entrance still requires someone to stand there and check the phones for the e-ticket...when before they just had a cashbox and collected the $5 bill from everyone who entered, they now have to buy e-readers and scan the tickets.

Illinois has tried to go paperless with ticketing. It seems to work. But I seem to recall it being much quicker for people to hand the ticket taker the paper ticket, rip it, and hand it back than for spending the time trying to scan it. And paper tickets need to be scanned as well...so where is the savings?

The electronic payment with the print ticket option would be most helpful to being inclusive.
All.... This. But many schools only offer the smart phone avenue. The site stipulates "printable tickets for this event "is not an option. Not sure why? I've done his before. They scan the printed 8 1/2 by 11 ticket and you are good to go. Ratsy

Nashville schools have been prepay the entire year, but do have a QR code at the gate to purchase.. Tennessee playoffs are prepay $8, pay at gate $10

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT