ADVERTISEMENT

Round 3 games prepay???

circletrack32

Nov 11, 2003
I don’t know if this has been discussed on here and if so I apologize. But I swear I heard a the game I was at Friday that after the 2nd round of playoffs that no schools will accept cash to get into the games and you must prepay online at some website to get in? Did I hear correctly, and if so what’s the website?, and WHY?? This seems to me to be a money grab away from the host school to the state!!!

I don’t know if this has been discussed on here and if so I apologize. But I swear I heard a the game I was at Friday that after the 2nd round of playoffs that no schools will accept cash to get into the games and you must prepay online at some website to get in? Did I hear correctly, and if so what’s the website?, and WHY?? This seems to me to be a money grab away from the host school to the state!!!
I cant speak to the why, but I believe the website you would use is Gofan. They used to have an apple/android app but it now redirects you to a movie review site (or something like that)

They announced it at Morris game last week that starting with 3rd round it would be digital.Think it was GoFan?

For as long as I’ve been aware, all rounds of the state playoff gate goes to the IHSA. The host can make money off the concessions and whatever.

Not technically a new money grab, though without reading the EUA, they may be able to sell the data generated, email lists etc. Not saying they are, just pointing out that hosts never made a dime off ticket sales for the state playoff series of games.

Reactions: Gene K.
IHSA guide states that starting with the Quarterfinals all tickets will be digital.
I did not see where it specified who was providing the digital ticket service.

• Haha
Reactions: chiliconcarne
IHSA guide states that starting with the Quarterfinals all tickets will be digital.
I did not see where it specified who was providing the digital ticket service.

Reactions: Bwm57
For as long as I’ve been aware, all rounds of the state playoff gate goes to the IHSA. The host can make money off the concessions and whatever.

Not technically a new money grab, though without reading the EUA, they may be able to sell the data generated, email lists etc. Not saying they are, just pointing out that hosts never made a dime off ticket sales for the state playoff series of games.
I never knew that. I always thought the school gets a percentage and the state gets a little bit themselves. And the title games go to the state entirely

I feel this I going to turn away in person attendance of the games. I’ve personally seen a decline in “in person attendance” in the few games I’ve been to this year. Are the tickets refundable if you don’t make the game? Granted it’s only what 6-8 even 10$ But still

I can understand digital ticketing as an option, but to completely eliminate on-site cash admission to any regular or post-season game is not right IMO. Why close a common, familiar and established attendance method?

I feel this I going to turn away in person attendance of the games. I’ve personally seen a decline in “in person attendance” in the few games I’ve been to this year. Are the tickets refundable if you don’t make the game? Granted it’s only what 6-8 even 10$ But still
It may have had to do with the weather, the live stream, or the opponent, but the attendance at the Morris game was not what I was hoping for.

Is it really that big of an issue?
For some people no but for some of the old timers I can see this being an issue. People may decide at the last minute to see a game but now you have to download an app, put in personal information, and put in your debit card information (which some may not feel comfortable doing), and it becomes easier to just not go or watch on NFHS.

I don't see why a combination of both can be used. A stupid move by the IHSA that will only hurt attendance.

Wilmington @ Sterling Newman has announced that there will only be prepaid tickets for round 2 this weekend...apparently you now have to have a smart cell phone to watch a game live.

• Angry
This is really REALLY easy. Very convenient. You buy the ticket have it in your phone and they wave a stylus over your phone. If anyone has been to a bears game recently all tickets are digital. Not that hard. And you can scan a QR code on site and buy your tickets that way. Wave of the future and it’s a good thing. Easy convenient and quick

This is really REALLY easy. Very convenient. You buy the ticket have it in your phone and they wave a stylus over your phone. If anyone has been to a bears game recently all tickets are digital. Not that hard. And you can scan a QR code on site and buy your tickets that way. Wave of the future and it’s a good thing. Easy convenient and quick
I'm not a fan of the "convenience" fee.

Honest question. How has that worked for them if you are aware?
Overall, it has worked fine. I know they have allowed some people to pay cash at the gate if they did not pre-order and dont have a smart phone (grandma and grandpa). But they have now been doing it since last spring, so everyone seems to be used to it.

• Sad
For some people no but for some of the old timers I can see this being an issue. People may decide at the last minute to see a game but now you have to download an app, put in personal information, and put in your debit card information (which some may not feel comfortable doing), and it becomes easier to just not go or watch on NFHS.

I don't see why a combination of both can be used. A stupid move by the IHSA that will only hurt attendance.
It’s not gonna hurt attendance.

All.... Rochester did it two ways at the Cyclone/Rocket game during the regular season. Use the phone app that has been mentioned or you could print out your ticket. There is a "convenience fee" in addition to the price of the ticket. If I recall it was a buck a ticket. I did notice though for the Cahokia game on the Rocket site you couldn't use the print option. Ratsy

I never knew that. I always thought the school gets a percentage and the state gets a little bit themselves. And the title games go to the state entirely
The school actually gets the little piece. I think rounds 1 and 2 are $5 or $6 at the gate and the school gets $1 or $2

When this begins I stop going to the games.
York soccer plays in state semi's tomorrow. GoFan Digital is the only way to get into the game. I would guess the football championship games will be the same?

So this is where you make your stand? High school football games. I have no issue with going cashless. I already pay for almost everything without cash and so does the rest of the modern world.
Have they figured out how to transfer tickets on GoFan yet?

Host school gets $975 and 15% of net and visitors get 15% of net. The IHSA pays for the referees.

Reactions: RockSoup
Ever go to a concert? Ticketmaster takes a huge convenience fee.

Movie theater? it is all digital pay. Again, with a convenience fee.

Less labor at the gates. More profit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT