ADVERTISEMENT

Robbie Gould

LTHSALUM76

Aug 27, 2014
Sure would be nice to see him in a Bears uniform again. I would trade a draft pick for him for sure.

Sure would be nice to see him in a Bears uniform again. I would trade a draft pick for him for sure.
Such a tough call. If it was for a pick next season, sure. I just don't know if I'd want to part with a pick in this weekend's draft.

I like the idea of him coming back but at what cost? We don’t have much to offer this year so I don’t know what we have that 49ers want

I will preface this by saying that I actually do have a quality source on this (strangely enough), but Gould will come back to the Bears if the Bears make a fair offer.

I like the idea of him coming back but at what cost? We don’t have much to offer this year so I don’t know what we have that 49ers want
OK, let me ask you this. What would you pay to have had Gould attempting that kick against the Eagles in the playoffs instead of Parkey? That's what I thought.

The Bears have nothing right now as far as a kicker goes...less than nothing. If this doesn't change, somewhere along the line, having a shitty kicker is going to cost this team again. I think the Bears will be depending on a solid kicker more this year than last year. They have a tough schedule in 2019 and they will need all the points a good kicker can get them.

This is what pisses me off about the Bears. The GM says “There’s no pressing, huge needs,” he said. “We can honestly select the best players. That’s a great spot to be in.” There are always needs. Last time I checked it's been a while since the Bears have been to the Super Bowl!

This is what pisses me off about the Bears. The GM says “There’s no pressing, huge needs,” he said. “We can honestly select the best players. That’s a great spot to be in.” There are always needs. Last time I checked it's been a while since the Bears have been to the Super Bowl!
It's always smoke and mirrors with each team. Pump up players you don't want, and spread lies about players you do.

Reactions: MS4EVER
Gould will not come back. Better to be remembered for all the great things he did, than to come back at this point in his career and disappoint. That would be so much worse than not getting him back.

Gould will not come back. Better to be remembered for all the great things he did, than to come back at this point in his career and disappoint. That would be so much worse than not getting him back.
You realize he is kicking at an accuracy of 96%, right?

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
It is obvious you haven't done any research before posting. Since Gould wasn't asked back before the 2016 season he has kicked for three seasons and has missed a grand total of 3 field goals. His replacements the Bears have employed in that same time frame have missed a total of...ready for it? 18 field goals. That was in yesterday's Tribune. And Gould hasn't been kicking in domes while gone from here either.

It is obvious you haven't done any research before posting. Since Gould wasn't asked back before the 2016 season he has kicked for three seasons and has missed a grand total of 3 field goals. His replacements the Bears have employed in that same time frame have missed a total of...ready for it? 18 field goals. That was in yesterday's Tribune. And Gould hasn't been kicking in domes while gone from here either.
Not to mention, he is second all-time in field goal percentage.

Hate to break the news, but as you can see....you are an island my friend.

Past history aside, ask yourselves this, does he make your team better? Yes he does

Past history aside, ask yourselves this, does he make your team better? Yes he does
You really don't have to go too far back to see how differently the accuracy of kickers was...or wasn't.

Kevin Butler was considered one of the better kickers of his time and his career field goal percentage was 73.4%. That would get you booed and fired in today's game.

Cody Parkey's career field goal percentage is 83.9%...a full 10 points higher. But, the game has changed.

You realize he is kicking at an accuracy of 96%, right?

Robby is 87.5% and is 36.

Adam Vinatieri
Maybe the best kicker of all time is 46 and his career avg 84.5%. This guy is clutch in playoffs and Super Bowls. Holds a ton of records and is still playing in the NFL.

Just saying

Robby is 87.5% and is 36.

Adam Vinatieri
Maybe the best kicker of all time is 46 and his career avg 84.5%. This guy is clutch in playoffs and Super Bowls. Holds a ton of records and is still playing in the NFL.

Just saying
I should have clarified, I believe it was 96% in the last 3 seasons.

I would not want Robbie Gould on the Bears.

I'm not a fan of him at this stage of his career.

Last edited:
Folks, my comments on what Gould may/may not do has ZERO to do with his past or current accuracy. It has to do with psychology. If he never comes back just about EVERYONE on this thread will always wish he had, and will forever talk about how things "could have been with Robbie". And, in that scenario Robbie himself stays a legend.

If he comes back and does not meet the expectations that everyone has of him (and no one can meet what you folks demand), he will be a has been and you all will say he never should have come back. And Robbie will feel badly for letting everyone down as he is a great guy.

It's the way of the world.

Reactions: UlbKA91 and Gene K.
Folks, my comments on what Gould may/may not do has ZERO to do with his past or current accuracy. It has to do with psychology. If he never comes back just about EVERYONE on this thread will always wish he had, and will forever talk about how things "could have been with Robbie". And, in that scenario Robbie himself stays a legend.

If he comes back and does not meet the expectations that everyone has of him (and no one can meet what you folks demand), he will be a has been and you all will say he never should have come back. And Robbie will feel badly for letting everyone down as he is a great guy.

No risk to reward.
Maybe the Bears will draft a kicker and we can then see if he is any good.

Don't include me in the statement you made saying "and no one can meet what you folks demand." I can't recall being pissed off at Gould one time. Not once. I can recall getting pissed at Butler. And Parkey? His results speak for themselves.

This is kind of like the Cutler thing with you. OK, you don't want Gould coming back for "psychological reasons." Fine. Who should the Bears sign? Be specific. Name a kicker who is available. I am saying they should at lease make an effort to sign Gould. I mean a real effort, no BS.

I'll tell you the real reason they won't and it isn't just money. Gould had the balls to speak his mind a few years ago regarding the Bears culture and the locker room. The Bears will blame it on money if it comes to it, but that isn't the whole picture.

No, it isn't the way of the world....just the way of your world.

Don't include me in the statement you made saying "and no one can meet what you folks demand." I can't recall being pissed off at Gould one time. Not once. I can recall getting pissed at Butler. And Parkey? His results speak for themselves.

This is kind of like the Cutler thing with you. OK, you don't want Gould coming back for "psychological reasons." Fine. Who should the Bears sign? Be specific. Name a kicker who is available. I am saying they should at lease make an effort to sign Gould. I mean a real effort, no BS.

I'll tell you the real reason they won't and it isn't just money. Gould had the balls to speak his mind a few years ago regarding the Bears culture and the locker room. The Bears will blame it on money if it comes to it, but that isn't the whole picture.

No, it isn't the way of the world....just the way of your world.

Never said the Bear would not try to sign Robbie. I did say, it would be a very difficult thing for him to do and be successful to the Bear fan requirements. Kevin Butler said pretty much the same thing on ESPN 1000 this week. We shall see...

LMAO Bears are not having a lot of success finding a replacement kicker so far.

YAHOO Sports "Head coach Matt Nagy brought in eight kickers for rookie camp to find Parkey’s replacement and immediately wanted to challenge them out of the gate. Instead, Chicago’s first session of the kicking competition got off to an ironic and laughable start."

I still can't figure out if 6 out of 6, 8 out of 8 or 6 out of 8 missed the low pressure 43 yard attempts to start off Rookie Mini-camp, but it seems that 43 yard field goal miss was a thing of destiny.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...start/ar-AAARCOv?li=BBnba9I&OCID=ansmsnnews11

Never said the Bear would not try to sign Robbie. I did say, it would be a very difficult thing for him to do and be successful to the Bear fan requirements. Kevin Butler said pretty much the same thing on ESPN 1000 this week. We shall see...

Who cares what butt head thinks.

LMAO Bears are not having a lot of success finding a replacement kicker so far.

YAHOO Sports "Head coach Matt Nagy brought in eight kickers for rookie camp to find Parkey’s replacement and immediately wanted to challenge them out of the gate. Instead, Chicago’s first session of the kicking competition got off to an ironic and laughable start."

I still can't figure out if 6 out of 6, 8 out of 8 or 6 out of 8 missed the low pressure 43 yard attempts to start off Rookie Mini-camp, but it seems that 43 yard field goal miss was a thing of destiny.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...start/ar-AAARCOv?li=BBnba9I&OCID=ansmsnnews11
God, I hope you don't use Yahoo as your source for news.

Again, you paint Bears fans with a broad brush. Not all Bears fans think this way and have unrealistic expectations. Just the meatheads. Any kicker they bring is going to miss. It happens. But, it also depends on when they miss.

Cody Parkey is mentally weak and I suspect the problem for him was far more mental than physical. Parkey can kick the ball just as far as Gould or Gostkowski. But the latter ones have ice water in their veins and Parkey is a puss.

God, I hope you don't use Yahoo as your source for news.
That's kind of funny because I do typically avoid Yahoo, but I don't always avoid it when one of their stories is linked by by a more legit source, as was the case here. :)

I could have posted something more reliable like The Onion news.

You're right. Bulter only kicked in the league for 12-13 years. 10 with the Bears. Yeah, how would he know anything?? How many years did you kick in the pro's?

Dude get real. Butler is a butt head and I really don’t care what he says.
Move on. How many years did you play in the NFL?
Lol
Your sounding ignorant.

Reactions: go dogz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT