ADVERTISEMENT

Robbie Gould

Dude get real. Butler is a butt head and I really don’t care what he says.
Move on. How many years did you play in the NFL?
Lol
Your sounding ignorant.
You made my exact point. Neither of us played in the NFL!

And since he played in the NFL, he should know better.

Not.
I have no problem with him not coming to Chicago if it’s a good reason. Maybe he doesn’t like the owners or a deal can’t be worked but to not come because of being worried about his legacy? Give me a break, take the money or quit now.

Not.
I have no problem with him not coming to Chicago if it’s a good reason. Maybe he doesn’t like the owners or a deal can’t be worked but to not come because of being worried about his legacy? Give me a break, take the money or quit now.
Trust me, Robbie Gould is NOT worried about his legacy. He wants to come to Chicago for 2 reasons. This is where he lives and he knows the Bears have a shot at winning far more than SF.

Reactions: go dogz and kkhawk
Scratch that. He didn't PLAY in the NFL...he kicked.
What? Did you just insult this guy. o_O

th

Scratch that. He didn't PLAY in the NFL...he kicked.

He’s a player if he is on the team. He just doesn’t do what the others do. Try to kill each other. He kicks the ball. Let see if those other so called players can do that when under pressure.

Lol

As far as kickers go, I am just repeating what Bill Parcells said when the special teams coach told him before a game that Matt Bahr couldn't play because he had flu like symptoms. Parcells said, "he doesn't have to play. All he has to do is kick."

I agree and if you want to argue with Bill Parcells, fine with me.

As far as kickers go, I am just repeating what Bill Parcells said when the special teams coach told him before a game that Matt Bahr couldn't play because he had flu like symptoms. Parcells said, "he doesn't have to play. All he has to do is kick."

I agree and if you want to argue with Bill Parcells, fine with me.
It's called oversimplifying. That is a quote out of ignorance. That's like saying all a QB has to do is throw it, or all a hitter has to do is put it in play. There are many more variables than meet the eye.

When all is said and done, if he comes back I hope he continues to have great years and a lot of them!

It's called oversimplifying. That is a quote out of ignorance. That's like saying all a QB has to do is throw it, or all a hitter has to do is put it in play. There are many more variables than meet the eye.
But a QB DOES do more than throw. And yes, a hitter does have to put it in play for action to occur. What happens whenever a kicker has to do anything other than kick? The results can be disastrous or even funny. Case in point.
If you want to call Bill Parcells ignorant, have at it. The guy knows more football than anyone on this board.

But a QB DOES do more than throw. And yes, a hitter does have to put it in play for action to occur. What happens whenever a kicker has to do anything other than kick? The results can be disastrous or even funny. Case in point.
If you want to call Bill Parcells ignorant, have at it. The guy knows more football than anyone on this board.

I said the quote is ignorant, not Parcells.

Kickers are doing more than just swinging their legs at the ball blindly. Field conditions matter, the snap matters, the hold matters, weather conditions matter, distance matters. There are multiple variables. If kicking was easy, people would have a lot more success doing it. However, that's simply not the case.

I hope he would consider coming back and the situations allowed it to happen. he is a great kicker and as you said lives here. but, eitherway, lets talk about what really matters.

who you got in game7 tonite sj v avs?
who you got eastern finals canes v bruins.
and who you got in the western finals?

I know you like the idea of the original six, it is all good for hockey nowadays. but as you know it never really existed that way. anyway.

stl v ?? and canes v bruins?
I like the canes taking the east. but bruins are playing very good hockey right now and rask is tracking the puck very well - this going to be a good final series to watch.
I would like to see stl v avs because they are both in hawks conference.
sj/avs are playing very good hockey and both goalies are playing their best hockey right now.
eitherway,
I see the western conference winning the cup.

Kickers are doing more than just swinging their legs at the ball blindly. Field conditions matter, the snap matters, the hold matters, weather conditions matter, distance matters. There are multiple variables. If kicking was easy, people would have a lot more success doing it. However, that's simply not the case.
Your exact words were "it is a quote out of ignorance." That means the person making the quote is ignorant.

Everything you mention here has absolutely nothing to do with whether the kicker is a player or not. The guy kicks...that's it. He isn't asked to do anything else, so he isn't expected to...and kicking is a skill.

Poweri66
We don’t agree often but you nailed it. Parcells was a moron for that quote. I am sure he wished he didn’t say it. Just because Parcells said something doesn’t mean he is right. He’s not god! Lmao.

Poweri66
We don’t agree often but you nailed it. Parcells was a moron for that quote. I am sure he wished he didn’t say it. Just because Parcells said something doesn’t mean he is right. He’s not god! Lmao.
I seriously doubt Parcells ever wished he didn't say that. I happen to agree. Whether he is right or not is open to debate. I agree...you don't. That's fine. Everyone has an opinion. Personally, I liked Parcells. I wonder what Ditka would have said on the subject with a few drinks in him. I don't think Buddy Ryan liked kickers all that much and may have been in the Parcells camp.

I seriously doubt Parcells ever wished he didn't say that. I happen to agree. Whether he is right or not is open to debate. I agree...you don't. That's fine. Everyone has an opinion. Personally, I liked Parcells. I wonder what Ditka would have said on the subject with a few drinks in him. I don't think Buddy Ryan liked kickers all that much and may have been in the Parcells camp.

Lol
I bet they all liked the kicker when they made a kick to win the game. That quote was moronic and Parcells would admit it, he belittled himself by the poor taste of that quote.

Lol
I bet they all liked the kicker when they made a kick to win the game. That quote was moronic and Parcells would admit it, he belittled himself by the poor taste of that quote.
I seriously doubt Parcells would admit it. I think he really believed it. People can like or hate Parcells, but he never struck me as a guy who said things he didn't mean or would go back on.

It wasn't a quote I read, I remember seeing and hearing him say it on film before a game when he was miked up. Late 80s or early 90s on one of those NFL Films presentations. I don't think he was joking. He seemed a little pissed at Bahr. I think it was mid or late season when guys are hurt or banged up and then the special teams coach tells him this before a game. He wasn't too patient with what he felt was a weak excuse from the kicker.

Parcells was just that kind of guy. In the same film he was talking about Mark Bavaro as if he was a proud dad of his. Obviously because Bavaro was a tough as a nail. Parcells said "I'd hate to have to fight that guy."

I personally think more coaches than you can imagine thought that way and still do. But those guys just don't say so.

Lol
LOL! Of course they love the guy when he makes the kick to win the game...if he can be counted on to do so. But everyone hates the kicker when he misses.

Cody Parkey received death threats when he missed against the Eagles. You want to talk moronic? That is moronic!

Reactions: Gene K.
LOL! Of course they love the guy when he makes the kick to win the game...if he can be counted on to do so. But everyone hates the kicker when he misses.

Cody Parkey received death threats when he missed against the Eagles. You want to talk moronic? That is moronic!

Agree
We have some hum dingers in this world. It’s a game for Pete sake.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
I seriously doubt Parcells would admit it. I think he really believed it. People can like or hate Parcells, but he never struck me as a guy who said things he didn't mean or would go back on.

It wasn't a quote I read, I remember seeing and hearing him say it on film before a game when he was miked up. Late 80s or early 90s on one of those NFL Films presentations. I don't think he was joking. He seemed a little pissed at Bahr. I think it was mid or late season when guys are hurt or banged up and then the special teams coach tells him this before a game. He wasn't too patient with what he felt was a weak excuse from the kicker.

Parcells was just that kind of guy. In the same film he was talking about Mark Bavaro as if he was a proud dad of his. Obviously because Bavaro was a tough as a nail. Parcells said "I'd hate to have to fight that guy."

I personally think more coaches than you can imagine thought that way and still do. But those guys just don't say so.

I remember him saying it also. That doesn’t make it right. We say a lot stupid stuff when we’re younger. That was like you said in the mid 80’s early 90’s. I am sure now that he is more mature he wouldn’t have said it. We tend to get softer as we age. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT