ADVERTISEMENT

Rita Guys

You guys are brutal.
It's all in good fun. This will touch a bit on the "Top Ten Coaches" thread, but there is a ton of football talent in the neighborhoods that Rita, Marist, Rice and MC pull from. Imagine if it was just Rice pulling from that area and only had to compete with let's say Maris and the public schools. Rice would have multiple state championships.

Reactions: Gene K.
It's all in good fun. This will touch a bit on the "Top Ten Coaches" thread, but there is a ton of football talent in the neighborhoods that Rita, Marist, Rice and MC pull from. Imagine if it was just Rice pulling from that area and only had to compete with let's say Maris and the public schools. Rice would have multiple state championships.

I'm not trying to start another posting war, but Mt Carmel competes with all these schools and ... we've got twelve.

Reactions: USD24
I'm not trying to start another posting war, but Mt Carmel competes with all these schools and ... we've got twelve.
Should be interesting how it goes post Lenti. His offense was a big advantage in the post season.

That’s very true. I was merely using Rice as an example within that area of that part of the city. I’m a northwest sub guy, so this is mere speculation, but I would assume that MC draws from a larger geographical area than Rice. Again, the forgoing is based on conjecture. Your thoughts?

Also, MC63 - here come the “lower class championships don’t count comments. 3...2....

That’s very true. I was merely using Rice as an example within that area of that part of the city. I’m a northwest sub guy, so this is mere speculation, but I would assume that MC draws from a larger geographical area than Rice. Again, the forgoing is based on conjecture. Your thoughts?

Also, MC63 - here come the “lower class championships don’t count comments. 3...2....

MC is bordered on the east by Lake Michigan. Those other schools you mentioned are surrounded by neighborhoods.

Yes, the baloney has begun. It only took 4 minutes.

Yes you definitely are trying to start yet another posting war. What a boring life you must lead outside this board. Thankfully no one is taking the bait, You even tried by taking shots at the guys from the other schools as well as a shot at Joliet to no avail.

Here is some advice. Read this as if I am saying it in a soft, soothing voice, because that is how it is intended. Go back on your meds, get a book, sit down in your easy chair and finish reading your copy of "Mein Kampf" till you doze off for your late morning nap. Thank you.

How many are in the top division?

Our average schedule contains mostly 7A level schools.

Overall, Mt Carmel has won 12 state championships. Of these, two were at the 8A level at that time; nine were 7A, where we normally play; and one was 6A. We've lost five state championship games: two at the highest level at that time, and three at one level down. We lost in the semis in 1987 to East St Louis in the highest level.

In the seven years from 2006 to 2012, we competed in 8A playoffs.

MC also recruits from Indiana, where as the others do not.

Indiana is part of our neighborhood The state line is less than seven miles from 6410 S Dante. About the same distance as Bro Rice from Orland Park.

I graduated with a kid from Crown Point. His grandfather (an Indiana resident) graduated from MC 43 years earlier.

What's the big deal?

Yes you definitely are trying to start yet another posting war. What a boring life you must lead outside this board. Thankfully no one is taking the bait, You even tried by taking shots at the guys from the other schools as well as a shot at Joliet to no avail.

Here is some advice. Read this as if I am saying it in a soft, soothing voice, because that is how it is intended. Go back on your meds, get a book, sit down in your easy chair and finish reading your copy of "Mein Kampf" till you doze off for your late morning nap. Thank you.

Who let you out of the yard?

Are age jokes the best you can do? Pretty lame.

Mein Kampf? Wrong end of the spectrum.

Reactions: Bowie50
Indiana is part of our neighborhood The state line is less than seven miles from 6410 S Dante. About the same distance as Bro Rice from Orland Park.

I graduated with a kid from Crown Point. His grandfather (an Indiana resident) graduated from MC 43 years earlier.

What's the big deal?

So then MC is bordered by Indiana to the East? Kinda hurts your argument the MC isn’t surrounded by a neighborhoods like the other Southside schools.

So then MC is bordered by Indiana to the East? Kinda hurts your argument the MC isn’t surrounded by a neighborhoods like the other Southside schools.

Indiana is to our southeast -- seven miles away. Under your analysis, St Rita is bordered by the Orland Square Mall.

Go to Google Maps and put that education to use. Any student coming to Mt Carmel from our east would be very welcome on our swimming team.

Last edited:
Indiana is to our southeast -- seven miles away. Under your analysis, St Rita is bordered by the Orland Square Mall.

Go to Google Maps and put that education to use. Any student coming to Mt Carmel from our east would be very welcome on our swimming team.
This is how I picture this conversation going in person:

Who let you out of the yard?

Are age jokes the best you can do? Pretty lame.

Mein Kampf? Wrong end of the spectrum.
Actually, "Mein Kampf" is right on the money with guys like you. You must have gotten up cranky from that nap.

Yikes dude. Now he’s a nazi? C’mon man.
I wasn't able to get back to the board in a timely fashion. But, you are right. I did go too far with that statement. So, let me throw out an apology to MC63. I was wrong to insinuate such a thing. It won't happen again. Thank you.

I wasn't able to get back to the board in a timely fashion. But, you are right. I did go too far with that statement. So, let me throw out an apology to MC63. I was wrong to insinuate such a thing. It won't happen again. Thank you.

Thank you.

Gene, don't worry. You won't hear anything conservative from me.

Thanks for the support.
Really?

I always thought:
We were born and raised Liberal (Idealists)
Started higher education and became moderate Liberals
Joined the real world / got a job and became Moderate Conservatives
Grew older and wiser thus becoming Conservatives ;)

Really?

I always thought:
We were born and raised Liberal (Idealists)
Started higher education and became moderate Liberals
Joined the real world / got a job and became Moderate Conservatives
Grew older and wiser thus becoming Conservatives ;)
Moral of the story: never judge a book...

Reactions: tomloner
As a young man, I was rather conservative ... except for guns. I voted almost straight Republican for years. I voted against Bill Clinton, both times.

In 1998, I had an epiphany and evolved as very liberal. I rethought all my positions and it became clear to me that as a Christian, it was my responsibility to leave that political group I had embraced for decades.

I considered leaving the Catholic church, as well, due to its positions on women, sex and gays. But, being born and raised Irish Catholic is something I can't change. It's like the color of my eyes or being right or left handed. Others can leave, but I'm stuck.

I know that someone will challenge me on abortion rights. My position is that it's the woman's decision, not some bishop's. When the church takes real action to eliminate abusive priests, and when the church ordains women, then I'll have greater respect for its "leaders" and their positions.

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
As a young man, I was rather conservative ... except for guns. I voted almost straight Republican for years. I voted against Bill Clinton, both times.

In 1998, I had an epiphany and evolved as very liberal. I rethought all my positions and it became clear to me that as a Christian, it was my responsibility to leave that political group I had embraced for decades.

I considered leaving the Catholic church, as well, due to its positions on women, sex and gays. But, being born and raised Irish Catholic is something I can't change. It's like the color of my eyes or being right or left handed. Others can leave, but I'm stuck.

I know that someone will challenge me on abortion rights. My position is that it's the woman's decision, not some bishop's. When the church takes real action to eliminate abusive priests, and when the church ordains women, then I'll have greater respect for its "leaders" and their positions.
Disclaimer to anyone else ready these posts: please don't start a political type argument here.

Although I would label myself a moderate conservative, outside of possible differences about gun control, I believe we have very similar views on the things you mentioned.

Disclaimer to anyone else ready these posts: please don't start a political type argument here.

Although I would label myself a moderate conservative, outside of possible differences about gun control, I believe we have very similar views on the things you mentioned.
Some guys just can’t help themselves

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT