ADVERTISEMENT

Rice threads deleted over and over again

ssczar76

Aug 20, 2011
When will guys learn the simple rules Edgy has always applied to this great forum. No wonder why we aren't respected by the other programs.

Imagine having to babysit this board....

I don’t know what happened. Last I checked, the lone rice thread of the day was fine.

But you can’t judge an entire program based on a message board. I’ve seen maybe 2 obvious Rice fans on this board.

Reactions: Queen4
I don’t know what happened. Last I checked, the lone rice thread of the day was fine.

But you can’t judge an entire program based on a message board. I’ve seen maybe 2 obvious Rice fans on this board.
There's more than two of us. Some are better behaved than others. I was looking forward to some insight on Minooka's football team not their student run Twitter accounts.

There's more than two of us. Some are better behaved than others. I was looking forward to some insight on Minooka's football team not their student run Twitter accounts.
Oh great, now I feel responsible for sending a link to the minooka barstool account.

Oh great, now I feel responsible for sending a link to the minooka barstool account.
Not sure if that's a flushable offense but there was plenty of bulletin board material at the other end of that link.

Be respectful of others and remember the players are just 16-18 year old kids.

Easy rule of thumb think to yourself what would I think if someone said this about my kid or me before you post. BR has some good posters but they have a few that dig in their heels and take anything said about BR as a personal slight, that is when the threads go off the rails.

Easy rule of thumb think to yourself what would I think if someone said this about my kid or me before you post. BR has some good posters but they have a few that dig in their heels and take anything said about BR as a personal slight, that is when the threads go off the rails.
The other side of that coin that bugs me to no end is when poster bum rap their own players after a loss. These kids read this stuff and for the most part are 16-18 year old. Physically adults but emotionally still juveniles. And sometimes that's done by some of their respected posters..

I like their passion but with frustration sometimes lack of judgement leads to some bad posts. On the bright side look at how many teams are already done for the season.

The other side of that coin that bugs me to no end is when poster bum rap their own players after a loss. These kids read this stuff and for the most part are 16-18 year old. Physically adults but emotionally still juveniles. And sometimes that's done by some of their respected posters..

I like their passion but with frustration sometimes lack of judgement leads to some bad posts. On the bright side look at how many teams are already done for the season.

Over the years this has been a challenge and a goal for me. Don't directly criticize players. These are children, everyone needs to remember prior to hitting "post".

Now coaching staffs, I don't have a problem with criticism. I try to keep that to a minimum as well because it serves no real purpose on here, but I have voiced my opinion on other coaches (not MCHS) including Lenti and Racki, for example.

Can we start a new thread to discuss the Brother Rice/Minooka game provided the discussion is limited to football?

Done. Please keep the natives on their leashes. Self-policing is the only way that thread stays alive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT