ADVERTISEMENT

Remembering Fratboy….

Gentleman,
I have mentioned this a number times Most of you do not remember the glory “wild Wild West” days of the Chicago Suntimes message board and the early days of Edgy’s boards.

i will stand by this statement until I take my final breath- the greatest poster of all time was “Sammy the Bull”! Absolutely no one created more havoc or raised the temp of people than STB. I am sure Edgy will give Sammy his props and without question is a first ballot shoe in Edgy’s poster HOF!

Today old STB remains in WITSEC program and if my spies are feeding good intel doesn’t have a computer or even a cellphone!

I miss those days. Ya checked the boards constantly wanting to know what was next!, Our society has changed so much in 20-25 years…. Sammy would not be able to avoid the contracts on him.

everyone enjoy your day!

Gentleman,
I have mentioned this a number times Most of you do not remember the glory “wild Wild West” days of the Chicago Suntimes message board and the early days of Edgy’s boards.

i will stand by this statement until I take my final breath- the greatest poster of all time was “Sammy the Bull”! Absolutely no one created more havoc or raised the temp of people than STB. I am sure Edgy will give Sammy his props and without question is a first ballot shoe in Edgy’s poster HOF!

Today old STB remains in WITSEC program and if my spies are feeding good intel doesn’t have a computer or even a cellphone!

I miss those days. Ya checked the boards constantly wanting to know what was next!, Our society has changed so much in 20-25 years…. Sammy would not be able to avoid the contracts on him.

everyone enjoy your day!
🤣👌

Who was the guy with the Randy Macho Man Savage avatar from about 4 or 5 years ago? He asked why St. Ignatius could not become an elite program, believing it could be done....and yet here we are seeing them as a legit 6A contender, all without becoming a Valor Christian/Gorman/FL Aquinas celebrity/former pro athlete kid program (the only way I saw it happening, I replied at the time).

Gentleman,

everyone enjoy your day!
Sammy the Bull was a bit before my time here. Can you give a example of him ?

Gentleman,

everyone enjoy your day!
I had a different screen name in the early Edgy days and STB was absolutely bananas. It was wild back then! I’m sure @EdgyTim misses that chaos. 🤣😉

I admit some of these guys were entertaining, I am laughing to myself thinking about some of the goofy stuff they wrote. Wasn't Irish Glory aka Golden Domer? He was a big fan of HF and was always guaranteeing a state championship for HF.

Like fratboy, IG88 claimed more than one persona, neither of which concealed who he was.

In 2015, I finally confronted the man behind IG and Golden Domer over his repeated claims he graduated from Notre Dame in 1993 by inquiring of him the residence hall at which he had resided. With typical mendacity, IG88 replied he had been billeted in Holy Cross Hall.

Though Holy Cross had long had a reputation for housing some of ND's more eccentric students, the dormitory was torn down in 1990, three full years before IG insisted he had lived there. When I confronted IG, he whipped up some fiction declaring he was mistaken. Weeks later, HF was summarily dismissed from the 8A playoffs by LA and we never saw the blithering idiot again.

IG's disappearance remains the greatest improvement in the existence of this forum.

Welcome back to the poet laureate of the Edgy board. Hopefully we will see you more during the playoffs.

eireog:

You flatter me far too much than I deserve. Though I have not retreated to the world of Narnia, business picked up significantly after the COVID mask mandate was lifted earlier this year. Though it was re-imposed because of the Delta variant, I still find myself quite busy with work. While I do regularly read with interest and enjoyment, and I do follow high school football with enthusiasm, I haven't had a chance to get to too many games this year.

I do plan on heading to Naperville Central next weekend to watch my Ramblers.

I will be certain to comment on my observations.

For those of you that have been on Edgy for some time I just want to say “I miss Fratboy”! I know. I know. There was a lot to dislike. He would praise PC and tell us about his 7 or was it 20 state titles he won while he went there. But, but the part I liked about him was how he would call out BS. I think sometimes we need someone like that on here. He was all over privates and publics(I think he likes MS too)! 😂 Anyway just thought I’d remember the good old days.

MS4EVER:

Some years ago, perhaps less than a decade, one poster, "Tony No Pants" arrived to frighten and amuse me with equal measure. For some peculiar reason, Mr. "No Pants" had a grating habit of posting on the size and shape of the biceps of an assistant football coach with Fenwick. Apparently this object of Mr. "No Pant's" affection was quite swole. The Fenwick assistant was, mercifully, never identified by name. For masking this detail, I drew the conclusion Mr. "No Pants" was simply engaging in a curious form of self-congratulations for the purpose of amusement.

Mr. "No Pants" didn't have a long shelf life on edgy.

Reactions: MS4EVER and corey90
Early Turk190s for smaller ball some wild west stuff. Kalfie, BirdMan, teetime, Net, Rambling ... Turk would get so pissed at me sometimes! All you had to do then was release/renew IP, back in.
Lol
None of these guys would make it these days. Edgy was fuming 😡 at such craziness. It would be a Royal McFlush now days!!! Lol

Remember the overserved Richards coach posting from the pressbox?

Also, Fratty is alive and well. I think he was ahead of his time, the precursor to Barstool Sports.
Many of these were classic internet trolls before we had the term "internet troll"

Always need a good heel or two...

I never got to see frat boy in action. But did get to see Jwar and the Herscher guy go at it tooth and nail. Living in mom's trailer and other good stuff put many a smile on my face and several hearty laughs several times a day. The thread went 4 or 5 pages before Edgy flushed it. Great fun!

I never got to see frat boy in action. But did get to see Jwar and the Herscher guy go at it tooth and nail. Living in mom's trailer and other good stuff put many a smile on my face and several hearty laughs several times a day. The thread went 4 or 5 pages before Edgy flushed it. Great fun!
Don’t see many of those mega threads anymore.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT