ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Darrion Dupree, Sun Times and Daily Southtown Player of the Year

McCaravan

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
First MC players since 1981 to be named Sun Times POY and so very deserving. I know some people may disagree because other players may have had better overall numbers but Dupree was a special talent that did as much for his team when he didn't get the ball then when he did, because every team focused on him, which free'd up so many more options for MC. When he did get the ball he had jaw dropping after jaw dropping touchdown runs and receptions. And even as a decoy he still had 1,100 yards rushing and 800 yards receiving and 24 touchdowns, and did so playing a schedule that included State Champion LA, Runner Up ESL, Semifinalist and 4th ranked Batavia, rival St. Rita twice and quarterfinal teams Carmel, Morgan Park, and semifinalist Providence. Well done Darrion, I think we will be hearing about him in College and possibly beyond.

For as good of a runner as he is (amazing balance), he might be an even better receiver. MC split him out a lot to take advantage of his receiving skills. I agree he seems to have the type of talent that will allow him to excel at the next level(s).

The best thing about Darrion Dupree? He is he is graduating...... Many outside the CCL saw what he was capable of in the televised playoff games. He was special in the Batavia game. He is truly a gifted athlete. Wish him well in college and beyond.

Last edited:
He definitely had 2 Heisman moments vs Batavia on a nationally televised game. The Willie Mays style catch was the best play I have ever seen from an MC player. (first game in '88)

He may not have been at the forefront of some people's minds with not playing at all in the playoffs last year. Also, consider that in Fall 2020 there was no football and he played in a I think 5 games in the Spring of '21. He then was immediately on Varsity in Fall of 2021 without a true offseason and limited game experience that March/April.

Definitely no argument from me on Lynch's comment regarding him. Especially in this system.

The best thing about Darrion Dupree? He is he is graduating...... Many outside the CCL saw what he was capable of in the televised playoff games. He was special in the Batavia game. He is truly a gifted athlete. Wish him well in college and beyond.
A lot of people were happy to see Ty Isaac graduate in the ESCC and Wade Weyer in the CCL. Enjoy them while they are around.

Another good play--one of many--was when Elliott, behind the line of scrimmage--made a little jump shot and hit Xander Gormam right in the basket.

Dean, McCaravan, or any of you other gurus with insights into the program, what does next year look like?

Reactions: MCTD10 and Jenny27
Sent that sun times article
Link to my good friend and teammate because his name is still and will always be listed at the bottom of the player of the year articles.

Reactions: Silver Rain
This is a highlight reel from Dupree's freshman year. The most spectacular play is the first one in the series, which shows Dupree in "beast mode," refusing to go down. He had six or seven guys on him, but he easily shook them off and scored.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT