ADVERTISEMENT

Quincy Scouting report anyone?

McCaravan

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
I know a lot about HS Football in IL but fully admit I know nothing about Quincy! 11-0 doesn’t happen by accident and I honestly thought Wheaton North would win. What’s a quick breakdown and how will they match up with a team like MC?

MC by 3 or 4 scores. Quincy is 11-0 but plays in a predominately 5A/6A conference that wasn't good, Sterling finished 2nd at 4-5. They can put up points (WN held them to their lowest point total), but only played 2 teams that finished the regular season with winning records.

Reactions: Silver Rain
Seen 2 of their games and some change. Explosive plays on offense, at times it bites them with their play calling and sets up long 3rd downs. Gives up way too much on defense. I don't think MC will end up having much of an issue unless they come out flat

I know a lot about HS Football in IL but fully admit I know nothing about Quincy! 11-0 doesn’t happen by accident and I honestly thought Wheaton North would win. What’s a quick breakdown and how will they match up with a team like MC?
Yep subscribe today and I have all kinda of info no one else has

It's good that the game starts at 4 pm on Saturday. A five-hour bus ride would have been brutal if MC had to be there by 10 am.

QHS not only had it's first undefeated regular season, but it's first HOME playoff win and now first trip to the quarterfinals in any class this post season.

Last time a Chicago Catholic school made the trip to Calf Town to play Quincy Senor High in the playoffs...

2013 6A Round 2
(8) Providence - 55
(5) Quincy - 27

***Bracket was seeded as 1-16 in the North. 1-8; 1-8 in the South.

History shall repeat itself in 2023. The dream ends at home for the Royal Satans this Saturday.

Quincy has been in Sterling conference for roughly the last five years, Sterling beat them the first 4 years and they beat Sterling for the first time this year 35-33 going 9-0 and winning the conference. I mentioned in another post their offense is good but if a 4-5 Sterling team can put up 33 points and only lose by two their defense is their weakness.

Last edited:
Reactions: net-se
Quincy has been in Sterling conference for roughly the last five years, Sterling beat them the first 4 yeats and they beat Sterling for the first time this year 35-33 going 9-0 and winning the conference. I mentioned in another post their office is good but if a 4-5 Sterling team can put up 33 points and only lose by two their defense is their weakness.
Correct, their defense is their weakness.

Incorrect, Sterling has been in Quincy's conference since 2019. The Western Big 6, of which Quincy is a founding member, has been in existence since 1969. Geneseo and Sterling were added in 2019 to the core members of United Township (E. Moline), Rock Island, Alleman, Moline, Quincy, and Galesburg.

Correct, their defense is their weakness.

Incorrect, Sterling has been in Quincy's conference since 2019. The Western Big 6, of which Quincy is a founding member, has been in existence since 1969. Geneseo and Sterling were added in 2019 to the core members of United Township (E. Moline), Rock Island, Alleman, Moline, Quincy, and Galesburg.
I generically meant they have been in the same conference for about 5 years, I don’t get as analytical as you. And I guess I was right on 5 years

So I was right, thanks

• Haha
Reactions: net-se
Quincy is really far away. Actually I’m not sure if it’s a real place. Might just be a rumor.
It's an imaginary town with invisible players and translucent coaches. MC showed up anyway and is winning 34-0 against an opposition made of air.

Reactions: doctor_d
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT