ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the board.......

While the issue of cash flow is not really publically available, the one thing we can definitely say is that the value of the Cubs has increased dramatically since they purchased. So they've definitely "made money" from a value standpoint.

They talked a lot about some of the things like capital improvements being revenue generators though. Whether or not that's generally true or "not yet" true, I think most fans expectations was that the payrolls were kept artificially low in the lean years, but that money would be made available later. It seems like there should be more room if that's the case.

As of Tom Rickett's Press Conference today, they are out of money. His words, not mine.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/c...-machado-theo-epstein-darvish-mlb-free-agency

What they are actually saying is, they aren't going to spend any more big money on payroll until they can get out from under the disastrous Heyward contract.

LMAO!
Junior spent too much on Daddy's Credit Card and is being punished by having his allowance frozen!

Last edited:
I actually mentioned this game in another thread a few weeks ago. I don’t think BYU deserved the NC. I remember some talk about them playing BC in the Orange Bowl that year and for some reason the game never materialized. Honestly forget who else was in the running but do remember thinking they hadn’t played a tough enough schedule.

BTW, I thought the Irish deserved the ‘93 NC escpecially since they beat FSU in “the game of the century”. That damn loss to BC though.

RARELY, until the supposed BEST FOUR pairings of late! Has the best team been crowned National Champion! BOO HOO on Noter Damn! Until big money became a catalyst, the Fightin Leprechauns were TOO GOOD to go BOWLING, to decide a champion! I recall one fall night, when the NORTHERN media anointed ND the natty, without having played ANYBODY! And to rub salt into the wound! They even had a 10-10 TIE with Michigan State! Fast forward to the outcry put forth by the da Bear, and his 10-0 Crimson Pachyderms of Tuscaloosa! "We'll play you ANYWHERE, ANY TIME!" ND said not NO, but HELL NO! WE don't HAFTO, cause the media MADE US the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! To make a long story short! The Red Elephants, led by Kenny 'da SNAKE' Stabler, played #3 ranked Nebraska in the consolation Bowl in Miami. And In THREE PLAYS had beaten the Cornhuskers! FINAL Alabama 34 Tom Osborne's Nebraska 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What they are actually saying is, they aren't going to spend any more big money on payroll until they can get out from under the disastrous Heyward contract.

Irony of ironies, was when I saw Heyward lead his team to the AAAAA State Championship in high school! And the catcher on the runners up was BUSTER POSEY! Payback is a beeeoootch!

BYU NC was a gift to Edwards.

Crowning any football team without a true playoff is a sham. When we get to 8 teams it will finally make sense.

And when teams hafta play with HOMEGROWN players, ALL will be right with the world! The last two stud QB's at Clemson, the one at Auburn who played against FSU in the natty, and the starting RB for Clemson with Watson, are ALL from GEORGIA! Not to mention the starting center last season for Clemson!

So, being an attorney makes you SMART?
I will be the first to say a formal education doesn't equal intelligence or real world intelligence. Although most of the ones I know can be scumbags, I really don't know any dumb attorneys. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT