ADVERTISEMENT

Q: So who needs to get off to a good early start in 2018?

Won’t be much looking past anyone this season. DLS returns some players, but I don’t see them pulling the upset against MC again. An upset of Maine South would be nice.
I don't think DLS is calling it a possible upset this year.Thats a very talented team that returns 15 starters from the team that "upset" mc last year

I don't think DLS is calling it a possible upset this year.Thats a very talented team that returns 15 starters from the team that "upset" mc last year
Last season was the 1st time in 20 years they beat MC and everyone including the DLS fans were referring to it as an upset. They return some talented players but I would still view a DLS win over MC this season as an upset. Especially with the game on MC’s campus.

Last season was the 1st time in 20 years they beat MC and everyone including the DLS fans were referring to it as an upset. They return some talented players but I would still view a DLS win over MC this season as an upset. Especially with the game on MC’s campus.
It’d be a huge upset.

Agreed last year was an upset.This year is a toss up based on the amount of talent DLS returns.This is a new era in the ccl. The days of mc getting off the bus to a win are over.Jordan is a great young man and I'm sure MC will be ready but l will bet unlike his fans he doesn't have DLS circled as a pushover win.

Reactions: Gene K.
Agreed last year was an upset.This year is a toss up based on the amount of talent DLS returns.This is a new era in the ccl. The days of mc getting off the bus to a win are over.Jordan is a great young man and I'm sure MC will be ready but l will bet unlike his fans he doesn't have DLS circled as a pushover win.
I don’t think anyone said anything about a pushover win. This is a new era for MC but as far as a new era in the CCL let’s not get crazy. LA is still the top dog and will be until they’re consistently beaten by someone. The Blue is still the top conference and will be until its disbanded. As far as the days of MC getting off the bus to a win being over, you cannot seriously argue that the 2 programs are on equal footing. Tip of the cap to the young men on DLS who played a great game last season and fought hard for a well deserved win (maybe your son is one of them). But over the past 4 seasons there have been nothing but lopsided games in this series.

IMHO DLS will not be a pushover for MC this year. They lost Alek Thomas who quite frankly beat Montini almost by himself last year. DLS played Montini tough last year in a game where the final score (montini win) did not reflect the overall DLS team effort.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT