ADVERTISEMENT

Q: So who has the biggest fan draw this weekend?

5a Wheaton led by Kent Graham beat MC. Marist then lost to Buff Grove. Tough day for the Southside on the long bus rides home from Bloomington. Huge crowd on a very cold day.

Last edited:
I look for Fenwick to represent well. First time ever in the finals, so there is no "been there done that" factor. Tons of alumni and current students living close to the I-88 and I-290 corridors with a relatively easy drive to DeKalb.

Says WN is 36 miles and Lockport is 56 so WN is a little closer. Anyone closer?

ESIDE has the longest hike and will show well. I think it’s fair to say this is probably the most anticipated game of the weekend…A lot of people seems to think Cary can pull off the win. It’s definitely logical..I remember watching edgy picks for the semifinals and he seemed pretty confident that Crete would give ESL all they could handle with their subpar field conditions and big play offense…however his gut wouldn’t allow him to go against the greatest show on turf. Did Crete even have 200 yards of total offense? Did anyone see a threat? We don’t have all the intangibles but we still win. That’s what makes up the best team in the state. If we had a kicking game and created less penalties, that would put us in a different league…just think, your teams have all that…so what are you missing? At the end of the day, you can’t win without talent. I don’t care if you were as disciplined as the US army.

Reactions: flyerforlife
ESIDE has the longest hike and will show well. I think it’s fair to say this is probably the most anticipated game of the weekend…A lot of people seems to think Cary can pull off the win. It’s definitely logical..I remember watching edgy picks for the semifinals and he seemed pretty confident that Crete would give ESL all they could handle with their subpar field conditions and big play offense…however his gut wouldn’t allow him to go against the greatest show on turf. Did Crete even have 200 yards of total offense? Did anyone see a threat? We don’t have all the intangibles but we still win. That’s what makes up the best team in the state. If we had a kicking game and created less penalties, that would put us in a different league…just think, your teams have all that…so what are you missing? At the end of the day, you can’t win without talent. I don’t care if you were as disciplined as the US army.
Has anyone here said either?

Reactions: USD24
I was in the west stands for the 3A/4A and 7A/8A games. In my opinion Wheaton North had the largest crowd. Maine South had the largest crowd in the east stands.

Reactions: RockSoup
Agree on Maine South for sure and WN/Lockport also showed well. Biggest disappointment? Friday's SHG/JCA crowd easily one of the smallest of the weekend of the "bigger" schools weather was cold but still disappointed in the numbers....

All..... After spending a good couple of hours at the busiest church in Dekalb I made a point of stopping off at tent city to check out the Cyclone tent. Fwiw the Ihsa gives out an award for best during the two day event which SHG has won in the past. Anyway we go over to the tent about an hour before the start of the game. Was expecting wall to wall food, spirited talk, tv's galore and a uniquely decorated tent like always.

Nope. Nada, nothing,. No one inside and a stack of unfolded tables which the Ihsa provides laying on the ground. What? The tents nearby were rocking though.... Ratsy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT