ADVERTISEMENT

Provi vs. St. Francis

@Gene K. and @mchsalumni I'm not making that up right? I spent an hour in the target parking lot last night both hiding from my bedtime duty and trying to find the original thread. I don't recall the details and I very well could have made the whole thing up in my head but I'm pretty sure there was a check to be sent to the Naz endowment fund that got lost in the mail.

@Gene K. and @mchsalumni I'm not making that up right? I spent an hour in the target parking lot last night both hiding from my bedtime duty and trying to find the original thread. I don't recall the details and I very well could have made the whole thing up in my head but I'm pretty sure there was a check to be sent to the Naz endowment fund that got lost in the mail.
from Bones.

Reactions: Gene K.
Hey whoever wins this game GOOD LUCK next Friday 😂
Because they came back after sleep walking for 3 quarters against Rochester? A Rochester team that I still have no idea how good they are because the only good team they played all year was SHG twice.

I certainly didn’t leave from watching that game feeling like SHG was unbeatable. Twice in the playoffs they’ve had to rally in Q4 after being down double digits. They’re a very good team, but they aren’t East St. Louis.

Reactions: JCHillmen
Because they came back after sleep walking for 3 quarters against Rochester? A Rochester team that I still have no idea how good they are because the only good team they played all year was SHG twice.

I certainly didn’t leave from watching that game feeling like SHG was unbeatable. Twice in the playoffs they’ve had to rally in Q4 after being down double digits. They’re a very good team, but they aren’t East St. Louis.
Agree that I don’t know what to make of SHGs performance. Sure they are dangerous and have weapons, but we knew that before this game.

They are never out of it and always in the game, but if they spot either SF or PC a bunch of points, both SF and PC have far more talent than Rochester making a storming back less likely.

If they play PC, the Celtics won’t beat themselves. If they play SF, I could see SF jumping out to a lead and the self inflicting some wounds, but SF likely has the talent to keep it a game all the way.

These last two 4A games are going to be fun to watch.

Reactions: DMurph11
SHG undoubtedly has the best offense in 4a. If Leonard can get them to play defense for all 4 quarters they will be state champs.

• Haha
Reactions: net-se
I really wanted to see this game, but dear ol' NFHS blew another one. Listened to WJOL instead, so I really learned nothing. I have "seen" both before via streamed games.

Contrary to the opinions I hear on this board, I have seen nothing to get me shaking on my shoes. Sure it was cold today but no colder than Springfield last night. Yet neither team could get it uncranked and on the radio the game was a pretty boring affair.

PC is coming down to Champaign and it felt to me like they didn't so much win the game as manage to avoid losing it. Certainly I've seen no indication that they can match SHG's speed, agility or number of playmakers.

The long range forecast looks like temperatures at game time somewhere near 40 and a dry field.

• Haha
Reactions: CatholicHigh41
I really wanted to see this game, but dear ol' NFHS blew another one. Listened to WJOL instead, so I really learned nothing. I have "seen" both before via streamed games.

Contrary to the opinions I hear on this board, I have seen nothing to get me shaking on my shoes. Sure it was cold today but no colder than Springfield last night. Yet neither team could get it uncranked and on the radio the game was a pretty boring affair.

PC is coming down to Champaign and it felt to me like they didn't so much win the game as manage to avoid losing it. Certainly I've seen no indication that they can match SHG's speed, agility or number of playmakers.

The long range forecast looks like temperatures at game time somewhere near 40 and a dry field.
Stephen A Smith Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

I will make this simple for you: Your team beat Waterloo by 12 points. Waterloo!! You also fell behind Rochester by 28 points. Pull any of that crap next Friday night and Ken Leonard will leave his last game with the same dazed look he had while being interviewed at half time of last years title game loss to JCA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT