ADVERTISEMENT

Provi vs. St. Francis

Provi D was great…good luck.
Both teams defenses played lights out. If SF holds on to that crossing route across the middle on 3rd down inside the provi 30, when they were up 14-10 the games over. But on the contrary, provi also dropped a few WIDE open touchdowns. Great game by both teams, SF just couldn't put them away when they had them rocked on the ropes. Lead the game for more than 90% of it. But props to Provi. Go win this thing and show everyone that SHG is in fact very beatable..

Reactions: LakeviewLarry
Both teams defenses played lights out. If SF holds on to that crossing route across the middle on 3rd down inside the provi 30, when they were up 14-10 the games over. But on the contrary, provi also dropped a few WIDE open touchdowns. Great game by both teams, SF just couldn't put them away when they had them rocked on the ropes. Lead the game for more than 90% of it. But props to Provi. Go win this thing and show everyone that SHG is in fact very beatable..
Who says they aren't very beatable?

First off, kudos to Provi. What an extremely well coached, hard nose football team. No mystery after seeing them live how they have taken care of business through a difficult playoff run.

This one stung. SF, just like the IC game, just could not for the life of them, make the plays necessary to get a 2 score lead and throw a knockout punch. So many opportunities, and they just couldn’t get it done. The two drives where they were in Provi territory up 14-10 and came up empty were backbreakers.

On the last drive, when Dorsey got behind the DB I had the heating tent in my way, but thought for sure that was going to be a touchdown to go-up 21-17 with a minute left. But to then have the ball on the 22 yard line with over a minute left, and then the very next play after the deep ball they throw an INT…just a brutal way to lose.

Congrats to Provi and good luck against SHG. Both teams return a fair good amount next season, so hopefully these teams can run it back in the semis next year. I found Provi fans to be a classy, enjoyable bunch.

I will make this simple for you: Your team beat Waterloo by 12 points. Waterloo!! You also fell behind Rochester by 28 points. Pull any of that crap next Friday night and Ken Leonard will leave his last game with the same dazed look he had while being interviewed at half time of last years title game loss to JCA.
PC will be the best team they have faced all year and most importantly the best defense they will play this year. PC has a big edge in this game given how battle tested they are and how much they have improved over the course of the year. Peaked at the right time.

Five words and I'm out of this "discussion".

Providence ain't last year's JCA!

Five words and I'm out of this "discussion".

Providence ain't last year's JCA!
No, they don’t have the multiple high level running backs and the nastiness of that offensive line.

But they present a similar challenge. Team that wants to run the ball and can do so capably but also be able to throw it more than adequately. 21 JC and 22 PC defenses will probably match ip similarly to the SHG offense.

SHG has the narrative with Leonard retiring but PC seems to have all the momentum and is peaking.

If SHG doesn’t play their best game of the year, PC will win.

That said, SHG can totally rally and play their best game and pull it off. But if they spot PC even half the points they spotted Rochester, PC will not relinquish that lead.

This should be a fun one. One very good team will lose Friday night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT