ADVERTISEMENT

Prep Bowl news?

eireog

Oct 6, 2007
I love seeing the NCAA brackets but for selfish reasons I’m curious about the NIT. Who’s in? Who’s not?

Reactions: RockSoup
From teams that usually compete in it.....Laurence....De La Salle....if you lose in the first two rounds you can go into the Prep Bowl playoffs, but the majority of the schools now decline......MC used to always get in it when Lenti was there but not sure what Lynch would do.... I respect its tradition but its a skeleton of what it used to be. The only benefit to these players, getting the chance to play at Soldiers Field, is now gone. They are just switching home fields between the Catholic and public league stadiums. It should be put to rest and the memories of what it used to be remembered fondly.

From teams that usually compete in it.....Laurence....De La Salle....if you lose in the first two rounds you can go into the Prep Bowl playoffs, but the majority of the schools now decline......MC used to always get in it when Lenti was there but not sure what Lynch would do.... I respect its tradition but its a skeleton of what it used to be. The only benefit to these players, getting the chance to play at Soldiers Field, is now gone. They are just switching home fields between the Catholic and public league stadiums. It should be put to rest and the memories of what it used to be remembered fondly.
Might be the biggest game at Soldier Field when the bears move to Arlington Heights in a few years

I disagree. I hope it keeps going. Selfishly I’d like to see my team play another game. I’d like to see them play until Thanksgiving if they can get that far. Far too many things are easily thrown to the side nowadays.
It’s not the 100,000 attendance game anymore. It’s not the best CCL/CPS team anymore. The chance to keep playing especially after what we’ve been through the last 2 years should be more than enough reason to keep this relic going. My humble opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT