ADVERTISEMENT

Played At All Three Levels in Their Home State

Wassup13

Nov 9, 2002
Has anyone played HS, college and NFL football inside their home state of Illimois?

Just wanted to ask because the #2 pick overall of the NFL draft, Aidan Hutchinson will play at all three levels within the state of Michigan.

Born on April 28, 1983, in Corpus Christi, Texas, David Freese was raised in the Greater St. Louis area, in Wildwood, Missouri. He attended Lafayette High School in Wildwood, MO.

As a senior in high school, Freese was offered a scholarship to play college baseball for the University of Missouri's baseball team.

He began his MLB career with the St. Louis Cardinals, where he was a key player during the 2011 postseason, batting .545 with 12 hits in the 2011 National League Championship Series (NLCS). He also set an MLB postseason record of 21 runs batted in (RBIs), earning the NLCS MVP Award and World Series MVP Award.

Derek Carr
Todd Marinovich
Jim Plunkett
Tom Flores
Daryle Lamonica

As you can see, I was an avid Raiders fans.
Daryle Lamonica was ND, but until John McKay got to SC, California Catholic boys were no different than elsewhere.
Derek Carr
Todd Marinovich
Jim Plunkett
Tom Flores
Daryle Lamonica

As you can see, I was an avid Raiders fans.

FL and TX are not necessarily "hold my beer" in this regard ....Derrick Brooks and Fred Taylor come to mind. Julius Peppers for NC.

James O'Shaunnessey - Naperville N, Illinois State and now bears (prior Chiefs and Jags)
Cameron Meredith - St joseph, isu, bears

You are correct.
If you were an "avid" Raiders fan, you would have known Lamonica played at ND. And it was in his recent obit, which I am sure you would have read. Any "avid" Raiders fan who's old enough is well aware of Lamonica. But, we do forget some things as time goes on.

If you were an "avid" Raiders fan, you would have known Lamonica played at ND. And it was in his recent obit, which I am sure you would have read. Any "avid" Raiders fan who's old enough is well aware of Lamonica. But, we do forget some things as time goes on.

Yes, I would have known that if I were a know-it-all like you.

You guys need boxing gloves. 🤣
Corey: Nah, I don't think I would like that. If we got into the clinches, he might pull a Mike Tyson and bite my ear. But, in thinking about it he would probably be gumming me instead.

Yes, I would have known that if I were a know-it-all like you.
No need to get all cranky. I did give you the benefit of the doubt in that it has been about 50 years since Lamonica played his last NFL game when I said we do forget some things as time goes on.

I was surprised you didn't know that fact when it came to Lamonica. He was a high profile player. That was why I said if you were avid you'd probably know what was true. I didn't know "the Mad Bomber" went to ND till I read his obit in the Sun Times last week. Or maybe I knew but forgot.

Now if you had made the mistake about guys like Gus Otto, Mike Eischeid or Nemiah Wilson, I would totally get it. No one, no matter how avid a fan, remembers everything about every guy on the roster. But, they usually do about the high profile guys.

BTW, I was a Chiefs fan as a grade school kid in those days. I knew then and I still know now that Len Dawson went to Purdue.

I became a Raiders fan when I moved to the Bay Area in 1978. In those pre-internet days, my scope of knowledge was limited. As for Daryle Lamonica, I misread Wikipedia, a forgivable mistake. I was responding to the spirit of the post, not writing an article for Sports Illustrated.

• Haha
Reactions: LTHSALUM76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT