ADVERTISEMENT

ICE Week 5

Wilmatucky

Nov 1, 2017
Wilmington
Reed-Custer (2-2) @ Wilmington (3-1) - RC has beat their bad opponents and lost to their good opponents. Kind of where they were thought to be this year. They have a rough two weeks coming up and will need to win their last three games to get to 5 wins. Wilmington continues to roll and I can promise you they are salty about last years thrashing that RC handed them. I think the staunch defense shuts down the Vomits and Wilmo wins comfortably. Wilmo 35 - RC 7

Peotone (2-2) @ Coal City (3-1) - GOTW! A loss here won't be the end of the 'Tones season. Every game after this week looks winnable for them. I don't think this week is out of the question for them as Coal City has only beaten lower quality opponents. I still like CC to win at home though. They don't have Wilmo looming in the shadows in week 6 and they can focus this week on picking up this needed win. CC 42- Tone 33

Herscher (0-4) @ Streator (1-3) - Basement Bowl! This could be the last realistic shot for either team to pick up a conference win IMO..... it will be sloppy and it will be each teams chance to shine. Give me Streator in a shoot out.....Dogs 49 - Herscher 45

(1-3) @ Manteno (2-2) - I think Lisle has their backs against the wall here. They need to win 4 of their last 5 to see the playoffs. I'm not sure if I thought too highly of them or too low of the Panthers, but this could be a co GOTW! Sadly it could be Manteno's last win of the year. I truly have no idea what to make of this one but I think I will take the Lions. Lisle 21 - Manteno 20

Time for a little too early playoff check of the ICE

IN for sure
Wilmo 8-1
CC 7-2

Will get in barring something wild
Peotone (6-3 or 5-4)

should get in, but wouldn't bet on it
RC (5-4) week 9 against Lisle will determine this

Outside Shot
Lisle (4-5) gonna be rough for them, I highly doubt they make it

No way
Manteno (2-7, maybe 3-6)
Streator (2-7)
Herscher (0-9)

Wilmington over RC

Streator over Herscher

CC over Peotone (massive game for both teams)

Manteno over Lisle

Playoffs

Wilmington 8-1
CC 7-2, maybe 6-3. This game vs Peotone is huge
Peotone 6-3 maybe 7-2. Again this week vs CC is huge.
RC 5-4

Close
Manteno 4-5

Way Out
Streator 3-6
Herscher 1-8
Lisle 1-8

Vomits. At first I was going to give u the benefit of a missed keystroke but realized another letter was different. Such maturity.

And, no I have no connection to RC or any other team in the ICE.

Reactions: McEvergreen
Vomits. At first I was going to give u the benefit of a missed keystroke but realized another letter was different. Such maturity.

He still hasn't had his diaper changed after what RC did to Wilmington last year. Comets 50 Cats 5 from what I remember 😂

RC @ Wilmington- Wilmington is rolling. Could have beat Peotone worse than they did. Not sure anyone in the conference can give them a game. Cats Big!

Peotone @ Coal City- I’ll give the advantage to the home team. Coalers seem to be playing well. The Blue Devils are an average team this season. Coalers 28 Blue Devils 14

Streator @ Herscher- If the Streator QB is healthy I’ll take the Dogs. If not the Tigers get their 1st win. I’ll wait for the injury report to come out.

Lisle @ Manteno- Not sure about this game. Have to think Manteno sees this as a must win game with the schedule they have coming up. I’ll take the home team again. Manteno 35 Lisle 21

RC @ Wilmington - Cats are hitting their mid-season stride. Running clock.

Peotone @ Coal City - The Coalers are way too focused to be looking ahead to the conf championship in two weeks. CC 35 Peotone 13

Herscher @ Streator - The Dogs hang on at home. Streator 27 Herscher 20

Lisle @ Manteno - I'll take the home team again in this mess. Manteno 21 Lisle 20

Braidwood (2-2) @ Wilmington (3-1) - Cats with a big win over the Tone and Braidwood squeaks by Herscher. Wilmo playing very good right now. And Braidwood is average at best. Cats 49 Comets 14

Herscher (0-4) @ Streator (1-3) - Herscher shows signs of improving. Streator has a talented QB and RB but thats about it. I like Herscher to get win #1 for the season here. Tigers 28 Bulldogs 14

Lisle (1-3) @ Manteno (2-2) - Lisle is just not very good. They will most likely miss the postseason. Manteno on a roll with 2 wins in a row. Make that 3. Panthers 35 Lions 21

Peotone (2-2) @ Coal City (3-1) - GOTW Both teams would benefit greatly from a win here. Tone took one to the chin agaist Wilmo last week and CC beat down a bad Lisle team. Coalers are rolling right now. Pounding the ball and playing physical defense. Tone have had up and down moments this season. I think this is close in the first half then the Coalers wear them down. Coalers 35 Blue Devils 14

I know the top three get in. I am not quite ready to just award the Cats ICE champs just yet though.
CC 8-1
Wilmo 8-1
Tone (they win out after CC loss) 6-3
Braidwood 5-4?? They wont have many playoff points and I am not guaranteeing them a win in week 7 @ Manteno, I could see them 4-5

3 get in and possibly 4

Herscher new coaching staff staring down the barrel of a 1-17 start to the new regime, 2017-2019 quarterfinals are so far away... be interesting so see what happens there...

Braidwood (2-2) @ Wilmington (3-1) - Cats with a big win over the Tone and Braidwood squeaks by Herscher. Wilmo playing very good right now. And Braidwood is average at best. Cats 49 Comets 14

Herscher (0-4) @ Streator (1-3) - Herscher shows signs of improving. Streator has a talented QB and RB but thats about it. I like Herscher to get win #1 for the season here. Tigers 28 Bulldogs 14

Lisle (1-3) @ Manteno (2-2) - Lisle is just not very good. They will most likely miss the postseason. Manteno on a roll with 2 wins in a row. Make that 3. Panthers 35 Lions 21

Peotone (2-2) @ Coal City (3-1) - GOTW Both teams would benefit greatly from a win here. Tone took one to the chin agaist Wilmo last week and CC beat down a bad Lisle team. Coalers are rolling right now. Pounding the ball and playing physical defense. Tone have had up and down moments this season. I think this is close in the first half then the Coalers wear them down. Coalers 35 Blue Devils 14

I know the top three get in. I am not quite ready to just award the Cats ICE champs just yet though.
CC 8-1
Wilmo 8-1
Tone (they win out after CC loss) 6-3
Braidwood 5-4?? They wont have many playoff points and I am not guaranteeing them a win in week 7 @ Manteno, I could see them 4-5

3 get in and possibly 4
I think mostly every 5-4 gets in this year. Last year we had one 4-5 make it in.

He still hasn't had his diaper changed after what RC did to Wilmington last year. Comets 50 Cats 5 from what I remember 😂

I am not upset about that at all. LAST YEAR, Braidwood was a great team. Wilmington wasn't. I will let you throw in the 50-5 shots ........I mean the overall series record has gotta be .....what ......25-3 in favor of the Cats since Reents took over.

I am not upset about that at all. LAST YEAR, Braidwood was a great team. Wilmington wasn't. I will let you throw in the 50-5 shots ........I mean the overall series record has gotta be .....what ......25-3 in favor of the Cats since Reents took over.
We'll see how the tables turn when Reents and Southie retire in two years 😂

Just my humble dumb ass opinion, but I think Barry wants to serve up a 60 burger this week.
R-C was tremendous last year and without a bad break and/or bonehead play here or there would have competed to go downstate. Again JMHO.
Barry and Wilmo have that 50-5 thrashing fresh in their minds.

For picks I’ll say Wilmo and CC running clock. Easy wins.
Mantucky over Lisle.
Streator over Herscher. I read somewhere that Streator QB was dinged up. If he’s out, then Herscher has a good chance to get a W, but I’ll stick with the Dogs

Reed-Custer vs. Wilmington - the Cats are playing pretty well right now and RC does have some momentum from their win last week. Sounds like Wilmington still has a bad taste from last years thumping. Wilmington 45 RC 18

Lisle vs. Manteno - both teams need a win badly and Lisle is coming off 3 very tough games in a row. Manteno has some athletes but can't seem to put a full game together. Lisle 27 Manteno 22

Hersher vs. Streator - both teams are probably airing up the basketballs here pretty soon. If the Streator QB isn't hurt I take the Bulldogs by 20+, if he is hurt I take the Tigers by 6.

Peotone vs. Coal City - a huge game for both teams. Peotone always plays solid football and Coal City continues to grind out victories. A win in this game for Coal City means a possible 8-1 or 7-2 season and a 1st round home game in a tough 4A north playoff bracket. Peotone win they are secured a playoff spot and will be playing for a better seed. Peotone 32 Coal City 30

Unable to watch but I see that R-C is hanging around…. Cats up 14-7 at half

Wilmo pulling away, 35-7 in 4th Q.

Did Manteno really beat Lisle 55-9? That’s what’s on scorezone

Finals

Wilmo 35, R-C 14
Coal City 48, Peotone 7
Herscher 27, Streator 12
Manteno 55, Lisle 9

CC takes care of business and is on a roll.

Wilmo overcame slow start and pulled away.

Herscher gets one in the W column.

How bad is the middle and bottom of the Mid-Illini conference? Streator will probably go winless in the ICE, yet beat the brakes off East Peoria, who has actually won 2 games and was competitive in another 1-point conference loss… head scratcher.

Lastly, holy crap, what happened to Lisle? 55-9? Yikes.

That CC/Wilmo game is going to be a slobberknocker. Hands down the best two teams in the conference. I was very surprised how the Coalers just dominated last night from the opening kickoff. Tone normally plays CC very tough every year

That CC/Wilmo game is going to be a slobberknocker. Hands down the best two teams in the conference. I was very surprised how the Coalers just dominated last night from the opening kickoff. Tone normally plays CC very tough every year
I agree. It should be great.
I expected CC to dominate. Peotone seemed like they are not quite on the level we are accustomed to. I know they recently experienced an emotional tragedy too. When Wilmington played them, the Cats were up 34-0 early in the 3rd and they started the running clock. Tone scored a couple against the reserves. Game was more lopsided than the final score and way more lopsided than I expected.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT