ADVERTISEMENT

Pirates v. Ramblers

Meh, no real opinion based on the camera angle. If he possessed it, and went over the line TD. I'd have to double check, but I think the force that put it in the endzone (assuming no possession) would still be the snap.

the snap never got to the end zone. It was 5 yards short. then LA's punter touched it, then Palatine's guy "recovered" it. Looked like the right ruling to me.

the snap never got to the end zone. It was 5 yards short. then LA's punter touched it, then Palatine's guy "recovered" it. Looked like the right ruling to me.
I'm not disagreeing with the call. I disagreed with the force interpretation, because I had a brain fart.

EDIT: I forgot the word 'grounded' when thinking about the force being applied.

Once again Palatine shows they belong. They play fast and relaxed. They didn't get there by luck.

Kudos to Palatine for getting that field in playable shape. Apparently 40,000 were watching on the Cube. In the stands, people were commenting on how others were calling/texting because the Cube was going out. ("Screw them, come to the game.")

And, yes, I thought some calls were questionable. All in all, a nerve-wracking semi final game, as it should be.
Consider this: LA has an all-state quarterback - and he had to be pulled for the Wildcat formation to throw Palatine off. LA's play calling looked suspect, but what would I know, I'm just a Popsicle in the stands.

On to the DeKalb Bowl.

Once again Palatine shows they belong. They play fast and relaxed. They didn't get there by luck.

Kudos to Palatine for getting that field in playable shape. Apparently 40,000 were watching on the Cube. In the stands, people were commenting on how others were calling/texting because the Cube was going out. ("Screw them, come to the game.")

And, yes, I thought some calls were questionable. All in all, a nerve-wracking semi final game, as it should be.
Consider this: LA has an all-state quarterback - and he had to be pulled for the Wildcat formation to throw Palatine off. LA's play calling looked suspect, but what would I know, I'm just a Popsicle in the stands.

On to the DeKalb Bowl.

The play calling for Loyola was very conservative early on until the coaches realized they actually had to run more of their offense. When they opened the offense up LA was in control. Minus the bad snaps in the punting game I believe they win comfortably. I do want to see how LA can stop a passing attack of Marist as they have not ever seen an offense as prolific as this,...

I don't see how Marist stops LA's ground attack though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT