ADVERTISEMENT

Phillips 5A or 6A this year?

boileref89

Feb 18, 2010
i thought I read somewhere that Phillips was planning on playing for 6A playoffs this year, but according to IHSA website they are still electing to be at 5A.

All.... It's my understanding now that when petitioning up after one year a school can go up another class following the same procedure. The two year commitment applies before they can drop down to their original class before deciding to play up.

Phillips has till the first week of September to make the choice of playing in Class 6A. Everything I have heard is they plan on doing it. Ratsy

All.... The Flyers haven't announced yet but one of their faithful who has followed their program for years tells me ESL definitely will petition up once again.

A Bulldog /Flyer title match would be a game worth watching although with schools losing students across Illinois changes in classifications when the 256 postseason qualifiers are announced contain surprises.

Looking at your schools enrollment now at 1899 using last years 7A qualifiers excluding ESL, Batavia would of been the third smallest team in 7A. ( Hersey -1894, LWW-1898) Enrollment for Hersey dropped this year and LWW went up a small percentage. 7A postseason is likely for Batavia but 6A can't be entirely eliminated not this early. Ratsy

My guess is those schools haven't filed any paperwork yet.....and both Phillips and East Side will be moving up to 6A for Phillips and 7A for East Side in 2018.

Reactions: Gene K.
All.... The Flyers haven't announced yet but one of their faithful who has followed their program for years tells me ESL definitely will petition up once again.

A Bulldog /Flyer title match would be a game worth watching although with schools losing students across Illinois changes in classifications when the 256 postseason qualifiers are announced contain surprises.

Looking at your schools enrollment now at 1899 using last years 7A qualifiers excluding ESL, Batavia would of been the third smallest team in 7A. ( Hersey -1894, LWW-1898) Enrollment for Hersey dropped this year and LWW went up a small percentage. 7A postseason is likely for Batavia but 6A can't be entirely eliminated not this early. Ratsy

It will be close for us to be 6A. If we are 6A, so will LZ and LWW, making 6A an extremely tough class this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT