ADVERTISEMENT

Alcoa Tennessee High Football 9 Title in a row

crazylegs777

Oct 18, 2023
Alcoa High School in East Tennessee is Driscoll like & has won their 9th State Title in a row. There are 6 classes & Alcoa is 2A but plays up in 3A. They often have a difficult time filling their schedule. They play schools twice their size if not 3 times. They destroyed the 5A State Champs Knoxville West this year. Their only loss was to arch rival 6A Maryville by 3. They had to play a team from Staten Island this year. Have been talking for years & would love to see them play East St. Louis or one of the other top teams from Illinois. Alcoa is right down the street from the Airport TYS here. In a Midwest tie in also they purchased the old football scoreboard from Purdue.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Alcoa High School in East Tennessee is Driscoll like & has won their 9th State Title in a row. There are 6 classes & Alcoa is 2A but plays up in 3A. They often have a difficult time filling their schedule. They play schools twice their size if not 3 times. They destroyed the 5A State Champs Knoxville West this year. Their only loss was to arch rival 6A Maryville by 3. They had to play a team from Staten Island this year. Have been talking for years & would love to see them play East St. Louis or one of the other top teams from Illinois. Alcoa is right down the street from the Airport TYS here. In a Midwest tie in also they purchased the old football scoreboard from Purdue.
If they play with bigger schools on a regular basis they should at least another level 4A because they have shown they can compete. IMO
I don’t like it when during the regular season they play larger schools constantly only to play down in the playoffs to win an easy championship. IMO it just doesn’t make sense. Yes they are playing up in 3A but it doesn’t fit the program they have built. If you want to be the best play the best and feel good about yourself in who you played to win. I said it plenty of times. Winning a championship should be difficult, it shouldn’t be easy. They can write their name in the book every year in 2 and 3A. Play in 4A or in a class that fits their program.

If they play with bigger schools on a regular basis they should at least another level 4A because they have shown they can compete. IMO
I don’t like it when during the regular season they play larger schools constantly only to play down in the playoffs to win an easy championship. IMO it just doesn’t make sense. Yes they are playing up in 3A but it doesn’t fit the program they have built. If you want to be the best play the best and feel good about yourself in who you played to win. I said it plenty of times. Winning a championship should be difficult, it shouldn’t be easy. They can write their name in the book every year in 2 and 3A. Play in 4A or in a class that fits their program.
There is a story out there the local Knoxville & Maryville papers put out just a few days ago that discusses the very thing you just talked about

Reactions: corey90
Is that an option in Tennessee? Can schools choose to play up multiple classes?

Is that an option in Tennessee? Can schools choose to play up multiple classes?
Yes. Thanks to Alcoa many schools opt to play up in 4A because they can't compete with them. Alcoa if they wished could play 6A as a 2A school & be extremely competitive if not win it all

Reactions: 4Afan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT