ADVERTISEMENT

Pairing show delayed?

rink62221

Jan 17, 2019
Just clicked onto NFHS for pairings show. Supposed to start at 8 p.m. Nothing there. Everyone else seeing the same thing?

Can't find the schedule by market on the IHSA site but I remember it showing some markets would be delayed and start at 9pm.

Can't find the schedule by market on the IHSA site but I remember it showing some markets would be delayed and start at 9pm.
NFHS was supposed to be 8PM in line with the live show….just a trash company.

Has anyone ever had a good experience with this crap company?

Good lord are these guys drunk? They haven’t gotten one school name correct I’m each quadrant. It’s embarrassing

IHSA Page Now:

The NFHS Network Stream is currently unavailable due to technical issues. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience.

And the show ends abruptly with one of the analysts getting set to explain why he is so excited about the upcoming playoff season. Fitting.

• Haha
Reactions: mchsalumni
And the show ends abruptly with one of the analysts getting set to explain why he is so excited about the upcoming playoff season. Fitting.
You really didn't miss anything. Think he ended up saying he's just excited for the next 5 weeks.

There wasn’t much insight. They didn’t have any “experts” give predictions or anything. If you missed this pairings show, you didn’t miss a ton.
I think they will do ok for the finals when they have time and are only preparing for a few teams. At least I hope so. I generally like those two guys on the broadcast.

I had all the same issues you guys did. Watched on the CW. I'll ask on Monday what happened, but it really doesn't matter.

I had all the same issues you guys did. Watched on the CW. I'll ask on Monday what happened, but it really doesn't matter.
I would say it matters. If this is the company that the IHSA is going to pair with and they can't manage to get the pairing show stream to work what can we expect from playoff games that will be streamed? Doesn't NFHS have exclusive streaming rights after the 2nd round or something like that?

I would say it matters. If this is the company that the IHSA is going to pair with and they can't manage to get the pairing show stream to work what can we expect from playoff games that will be streamed? Doesn't NFHS have exclusive streaming rights after the 2nd round or something like that?
I meant it doesn't matter what they say on Monday, because the stream sucked. For the record, I'm not an NFHS employee, I just want the games accessible to anyone that wants to see them. You've paid for them, you should get to see them.

For the playoffs, NFHS has the default streaming rights. A school can choose to have their own broadcast, but it comes at a cost. Each round gets more expensive. If a host school is NFHS, it'll be broadcast via NFHS at no charge. If the host school pays to broadcast via other channel (YouTube, Hudl, website,etc) but the visiting team is an NFHS school, I believe the host school can't freeze out the visiting school and both schools can broadcast. If neither school for a game chooses to broadcast, the NFHS has been known to send a crew to cover the game. That coverage is usually better quality than a typical automated production and often has multiple cameras and/or a play by play commenters. I've been a part of those broadcasts and I pride myself on making sure those streams are quality productions.

The state finals are simultaneously broadcast on NFHS and various TV stations, but all of the camera work is done via the local stadiums in conjunction with the primary broadcast partner. The NFHS stream is ultimately just a duplicate of the TV stream, just different medium. I've not seen any real issues with these streams.

For the playoff show, I'm not sure of where they produce the show (stream tonight said Bloomington, but it could have been anywhere), but obviously the TV version was fine. I would have expected the online stream to just be a copy of the TV stream similar to state finals, but I don't know.

Reactions: 4Afan
Holy Crap, @iamgroot … you are in the worst possible customer service environment in the world next to Comcast. You fail here and it is like running out of shrimp at the Golden Corral and MC63’s group home bus just arrived.

Good luck, man!
Like I said before, I'm not an employee of theirs, but I do some work for them. I cover post season football as well as several other sports for them, so if you watch the streams, you've probably seen some of my work. I know they can have a quality product because I've produced it, it's just the consistency that's frustrating.

I'm doing my best to get the right people the right info to fix things.

• Love
Reactions: crusader_of_90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT