ADVERTISEMENT

Why Calling NFHS (CG-LZ) This Week is Huge

DJrodey24

Nov 3, 2003
So I will be in Lake Zurich on Saturday 1PM on the NFHS Network. One camera (for now) and it won't be automated. There will be updated graphics so you don't have guess time and score, follow Twitter or listen hard to the PA announcer a few seats down.

Was supposed to be on the sideline for Batavia-Mt. Carmel on WCIU, but I have a flight at 8PM. A 4PM kickoff takes me out of that equation, which is too bad.

This is a great consolation prize and here's why...

What does everyone complain about with the state finals telecasts? "These guys don't know the teams, get the names wrong, etc."

So by getting to see this one live and in person, and call the game, I'll have some reps on stream that will help me call the Class 6A title game. Plus, I have serious context to add on the "journey to Normal."

I beg for this every year from NFHS: "Send me to the game that feeds into one of my Championship games." Some years I get my way. I'm pumped because I actually know both of these teams fairly well going in (saw CG smoke Geneva in person and against Central Week 1. Family ties to LZ keeps me very familiar with those guys) and if ESL gets there, I saw em last year, plus followed the Flyers all fall. Any mistakes or mispronunciations this week get corrected. Most of my detailed notes are done this week. That allows me more time to spend preparing for the 2A game, which I've done nothing in depth for because it could be any of those 4 teams!

. 8 teams and 16 sides of the ball is tough for Bernhard and I. We're always looking for a way to get a head start. Thought this might be a good "in the weeds" backstage conversation for your guys to think about

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT