ADVERTISEMENT

Oswego /GW now at Glenbard East

capnbillhitters

Gold Member
May 18, 2015
Crazy but I guess a week's worth of rain with more predicted on Saturday causing West to find alternate field.

With South earning a 3pm Saturday home game with a Round 1 victory, Oswego game moved over to East.

Let the conspiracy theories begin!!!!!

U35QtXk.gif

IHSA Playoff Round 2 days and times are out

Reactions: MWittman
I give two sh!ts about who is first.

I just want a place where everyone can lob their accusations of GW selecting the playing surface of their liking after watching Thunder grind up NN in the tractor pull venue.

I just want a place where everyone can lob their accusations of GW selecting the playing surface of their liking after watching Thunder grind up NN in the tractor pull venue.

Lol ok how about this?

Must be nice having two fields to pick from!

Some years when you have a “”Brod” just keep it on the field with the Goose Poop land mines

Then others when you have the Pierces on the other side of the playing surface needs - there is a nice facility that is close by that is rarely used in November!

Did I do ok? Lol.

Reactions: mchsalumni
But, who makes the call on this? I it solely a GW decision, an agreement by both schools, or does the IHSA step in and say that this is too important of a game to be played on that disaster by the lake?

Lol ok how about this?

Must be nice having two fields to pick from!

Some years when you have a “”Brod” just keep it on the field with the Goose Poop land mines

Then others when you have the Pierces on the other side of the playing surface needs - there is a nice facility that is close by that is rarely used in November!

Did I do ok? Lol.

Perfect’!

When we moved to GS in ‘15 it was because we wanted Brods on turf. Twice!

In ‘12 we moved to GS to get LZ it was because we were scared to play them at Duchon one year after the ‘11 disaster.

This time it is Dr Thunder we are scared of facing on his beloved grass.

Crazy part is that I have never set foot on the property of GE. By the looks of it, the visitor bleachers may be slightly bigger.

But, who makes the call on this? I it solely a GW decision, an agreement by both schools, or does the IHSA step in and say that this is too important of a game to be played on that disaster by the lake?

Maybe it is at the advice of SilverHelmets

Reactions: SilverHelmets
Perfect’!

When we moved to GS in ‘15 it was because we wanted Brods on turf. Twice!

In ‘12 we moved to GS to get LZ it was because we were scared to play them at Duchon one year after the ‘11 disaster.

This time it is Dr Thunder we are scared of facing on his beloved grass.

Crazy part is that I have never set foot on the property of GE. By the looks of it, the visitor bleachers may be slightly bigger.

You will like it Capn!! Very nice facility. I was there back in 2013 and 2014 before the Valleys left the Upstate.

You will like it Capn!! Very nice facility. I was there back in 2013 and 2014 before the Valleys left the Upstate.
So... There is actually a parking lot? Full size stands? Real washrooms? No way! Okay, had to get that in. But, will the concessions be open? I thought the home school ran the concessions and if there is no home school in the game, no food. Just a thought.

Reactions: capnbillhitters
So... There is actually a parking lot? Full size stands? Real washrooms? No way! Okay, had to get that in. But, will the concessions be open? I thought the home school ran the concessions and if there is no home school in the game, no food. Just a thought.

Generally speaking GS would host us when we played there and they helped activate the concessions while GW was responsible for staffing the customer facing and cooking efforts.

It looks like it will be a long shot for GW to play at Duchon again. They would need to get past Oswego and LWE at LWE, then hope NC and Warren get past H-F and MS, then I think NC would have to emerge for the semis to be played at Duchon.

I would say I solidly believe GW will not play again at Duchon in 2017. :cool: :cool:

I would say I solidly believe GW will not play again at Duchon in 2017. :cool: :cool:[/QUOTE said:
And four or five days of sunshine. Good info an the concessions though. Do both teams practice on turf?

I don’t see any turf on Oswego’s property from the satellite.
The Cap is no joking, For what it is worth. I did the same and see about 50 acres of grass fields including the stadium. What does it matter? Probably nothing, but if GW practices on turf, would they also be accustomed to playing on it? Just looking for any advantage here.

Generally speaking GS would host us when we played there and they helped activate the concessions while GW was responsible for staffing the customer facing and cooking efforts.

It looks like it will be a long shot for GW to play at Duchon again. They would need to get past Oswego and LWE at LWE, then hope NC and Warren get past H-F and MS, then I think NC would have to emerge for the semis to be played at Duchon.

I would say I solidly believe GW will not play again at Duchon in 2017. :cool: :cool:

Glenbard South? My bad. I got my Glenbard’s mixed up! I thought it was being hosted at Glenbard East! Not to be confused with Glenbard North of course!

Palatine played South Elgin at Streamwood High School last week and they had full concessions and security there. I would expect the host school to still provide those even if it's not at their venue.

Glenbard South? My bad. I got my Glenbard’s mixed up! I thought it was being hosted at Glenbard East! Not to be confused with Glenbard North of course!

This is our first time playing at GE. I used GS as a reference to prior “GW is scamming the system by cherrypicking their preferred surface.” I suppose we tried to use GN’s but for some reason, that didn’t work.

PS - I am the guy that never inserts the B into our school names because the name is Glenbard not Glen Bard. I save the B for Glenbrook which I like to think of as Glen Brook.

Just got word the GW is bringing the home team’s culinary rock star Danny to provide plenty of gastronomical pleasures with his dizzying array of encased meats. Save your appetite for the field.

Cheers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT