ADVERTISEMENT

Off Topic: Greatest American Band of All Time?

Arguments could also be made for:

Hall & Oates (best selling duo of all time)
The Ramones (influenced an insane number of bands)
Jimi Hendrix Experience (sounds a bit dated but fantastic musicians)
REM (their first 5-6 albums are right up there with just about anyone).

Classmate's uncle was a roadie for Van Halen ... heard a sorry of dude showing up at a party and Diamond Dave getting a BJ and holding a conversation in the middle of the room like it was nothing!

Myself, I smoked a fattie with big dude from Blues Traveler out back behind Mississippi nights. Cool dude - then Brett Hull stepped into the circle - cut in line actually - but that was fine by me.

Arguments could also be made for:

Hall & Oates (best selling duo of all time)
The Ramones (influenced an insane number of bands)
Jimi Hendrix Experience (sounds a bit dated but fantastic musicians)
REM (their first 5-6 albums are right up there with just about anyone).
Jimi for sure ... just no longevity.

Doors recorded a LOT for the short time Jim lived. FYI = Ray Manzerik was a Rita grad.

(American Prayer is incredible!!!!!)
I legit start my Zoom meetings like this: Is everybody in? Is everybody in? The ceremony is about to begin - WAKE UP!

Reactions: all4theillini
Not the best of all time but the guys from New Jersey Bon Jovi stood the test of time over the years

Reactions: Gene K.
The entire question leaves so much wiggle room. Genre and era (of both the band and the listener) are the biggest.

For me - Nirvana, Green Day, Grateful Dead, Beastie Boys.... even some Garth Brooks.

The entire question leaves so much wiggle room. Genre and era (of both the band and the listener) are the biggest.

For me - Nirvana, Green Day, Grateful Dead, Beastie Boys.... even some Garth Brooks.
Thank you for saying the Beastie Boys! My all time favorite!
Also Metallica, Pearl Jam, any grunge for that matter, Jimi, VH with Sammy

Reactions: RD_Watcher
Forget about American bands, British is where it’s at. Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Thin Lizzy, Frampton, The Police...

Reactions: ClownBaby
Meat Loaf had a killer album.
Neil Young, who is now officially an American, had many killer albums.
Hank Jr. has nothing on his old man.
Muddy Waters defined Chicago blues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT