ADVERTISEMENT

O in the end this season, the ESCC was the best conference

Ignazio,

Not my call but who knows what will be scheduled. Personally I like the challenge but next year's team is a different beast than this year's team.

Naz brings back 4 on offense, 6 on defense.
MCHS brings back 5 on offense, 2 on defense.
GBW brings back 4 on offense, 4 on defense, and no Brodners.
LA brings back 2 on offense, 3 on defense.

Ignazio,

As I said I'm not opposed to a challange. I'm also not going to say next year's team could dominate anyone at this point. Next year's Naz team could end up just like this year's but I won't be comfortable saying that till late June or so once I see them jell and work together.

Naz brings back 4 on offense, 6 on defense.
MCHS brings back 5 on offense, 2 on defense.
GBW brings back 4 on offense, 4 on defense, and no Brodners.
LA brings back 2 on offense, 3 on defense.

The sizes of each conference are what they are and can't be changed. Take every single ESCC team from Naz through Marian Catholic and match them up against the top teams in the CCL. So, Naz vs. Loyola, Marist vs. MC, JCA vs. Montini or Rice, ND vs Montini or Rice, Benet vs PC, MCC vs Laurence, DLS or Rita, etc. I like the CCL in that scenario. If you want to match the ESCC to the CCL from the bottom up, I will grant you that the ESCC comes out ahead in that scenario.

When putting forward the argument of which conference is stronger, it would seem to me to make far more sense to start from the top and work your way down than the other way around.
Thank you, Ramblin.
That was my original point and I left the topic alone after that because it is not my intention to argue back and forth with people on this board.

Thank you, Ramblin.
That was my original point and I left the topic alone after that because it is not my intention to argue back and forth with people on this board.

CCL male enrollment goes:
1. LA
2. BR
3. SI
4. MC
5. F
6. SR
7. PC
8. DLS
9. MA
10. SL
11. SF
12. MCHS

As I said I'm not opposed to a challange. I'm also not going to say next year's team could dominate anyone at this point. Next year's Naz team could end up just like this year's but I won't be comfortable saying that till late June or so once I see them jell and work together.
Seems like a prudent approach. You want to see how the transfer QB looks in the 7 on 7's etc.

Why has this thread not spiraled into the Montini vs Naz conversation that it so rightly deserves???

Godfthr - I am hurt you didn't speak for me also.

Congregation of St. Joseph by 13 (missed PAT) over Christian Brothers.

Surprised you know what a 7 on 7 is.

Just a fan of JCA. Not affiliated with the program in any way. I'm guessing you can't say the same about Naz eh? Then again, maybe plain, ol Naz fans go to possible future opponent's playoff games and take pictures? The Naz fan base is an odd lot.

Just a fan of JCA. Not affiliated with the program in any way. I'm guessing you can't say the same about Naz eh? Then again, maybe plain, ol Naz fans go to possible future opponent's playoff games and take pictures? The Naz fan base is an odd lot.
Not at all, its quite easy to find game film online when teams don't block their hudl highlights. I bet you didn't even know some teams SELL FULL games!

Not at all, its quite easy to find game film online when teams don't block their hudl highlights. I bet you didn't even know some teams SELL FULL games!
Nope. As I said, just a casual fan.

The current classiness and mutual respect between the fans of these two programs disgusts me

If the two teams meet in the playoffs next year, this board will look like a murder scene. Losing fans=victims.

I would say we should play a non-con, but we all know the Naz coaches are all chickensh*t. (sarcastic font)

If the two teams meet in the playoffs next year, this board will look like a murder scene. Losing fans=victims.

I would say we should play a non-con, but we all know the Naz coaches are all chickensh*t. (sarcastic font)
It's not the coaches. They will play. The AD is the problem over there. Thinks he is doing the program favors by scheduling CPS schools.

It's not the coaches. They will play. The AD is the problem over there. Thinks he is doing the program favors by scheduling CPS schools.

"Tim Racki: People always seem to hammer us about our non conference schedule but when you look at the conference we really don't have what some would call a soft week in the ESCC." " On the other end, when your trying to just get to 5-4 and become a playoff team that 's when you wish the conference wasn't so tough and so physically demanding. "
https://edgytim.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1604921&PT=4&PR=2

I think Naz likes those two wins.

Reactions: pjjp
"Tim Racki: People always seem to hammer us about our non conference schedule but when you look at the conference we really don't have what some would call a soft week in the ESCC." " On the other end, when your trying to just get to 5-4 and become a playoff team that 's when you wish the conference wasn't so tough and so physically demanding. "
https://edgytim.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1604921&PT=4&PR=2

I think Naz likes those two wins.
You want him to call out the AD in an interview. Cmon man

Reactions: jwarigaku
"Tim Racki: People always seem to hammer us about our non conference schedule but when you look at the conference we really don't have what some would call a soft week in the ESCC." " On the other end, when your trying to just get to 5-4 and become a playoff team that 's when you wish the conference wasn't so tough and so physically demanding."

Somebody call a wahhhhmbulance.

I call absolute BS. You are way more invested than a casual fan!
Not at all....purely a casual fan. I'm a fan of HS sports in general.

For instance, I can't help but wonder if the Ravens' Frosh QB will be given the chance to compete with the QB transfer next year.

Ok so let's look at this from a SOS standpoint
JCA Non Conf (Provy 3-6 and Wheaton North 4-5 7A schools) 2-0
Naz Non Conf (Bloomington 2-7 6A and Leo 1-8 3A schools) 2-0
ND Non Conf (McHenry 1-8 7A and Evanston 6-4 8A schools) 2-0
Marist Non Conf (MC 9-3 7A and DuSable 3-6 4A schools) 1-1
Marian Central Cath Non Conf (CLS 6A and McHenry 1-8 7A) 2-0
Benet Non Conf (St Laurence 10-3 5A and OFallon 5-5 8A) 2-0
Non Qualifiers
1-8 Marian Catholic Non Conf (Englewood Charter 0-9 5A and Oswego East 6-4 7A) 1-1
1-8 St Viator Non Conf (Rolling Meadows -6-4 7A and Deerfield 7-4 a 6A ) 1-1
4-5 St Patrick Non Conf (Taft 2-7 8A and Glenbrook South 4-5 7A) 2-0
3-6 Carmel Non Conf (Waukesha West WI equiv of 6A and Phillips 14-0 4A) 0-2

Now the Blue Alone
Rice - Br Rice Michigan 2-7 and Crete Monee 11-3 (6A Runner Up)
Rita - Malvern Prep PA 12-1 (PA TBD) and Dunbar 3-6
PC - JCA 11-2 (5A Quarters) and Oswego 9-3 (8A Quarterfinalist)
LA - Maine South (7A) and Marquette WI 6-3
MC - Marist 9-5 (8A Runner Up) and Morgan Park 7-4

Even lower division CCL teams play tougher schedules than the mighty ESCC. You guys won 1 Championship this year and had your chances in other classes. CCL won 3 of the 5 they were in. Enough said. CCL is the place to be - also if you count historical championships in Football - wouldn't the Blue alone (not even including Montini) have the ESCC beat?

You want him to call out the AD in an interview. Cmon man
Godfather
I think you are a level headed guy and for the most part the voice of reason on Ogden. In this case I think you may be wrong. Coach Racki was asked the following question by Edgy;
EDGYTIM: Talk about the East Suburban Catholic. It's definitely a unique conference set-up. Talk about the challenges of playing in the ESCC.
Right out of the box Coach Racki talks about the non-conference schedule. He wasn't asked about it, he the one who brought it up.
The reason I remembered the interview is that the prior season was the start of lot of Naz talk on the board, and the issue of the non-conf schedule came up. I think Coach Racki honestly answered why Naz plays the non-conf schedule it has, and appears it will play in the future.
In any event Coach Racki never had to address the non-conference schedule issue but chose to do so. One more thing, I think if Coach Racki wanted to play a more "challenging" schedule, he would find a way to do so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT