ADVERTISEMENT

Fields that need renovation

Kaneland has a beautiful facility

I figured that tulip fest would be keeping that field state of the art

Saw Rochester has started some non football facility work but that grass field and entire stadium needs serious work.....
Turf field coming but not until '25 (I think). They will have to change the Right Field dimensions of the baseball field as well to accommodate some of the football facility changes.

Turf field coming but not until '25 (I think). They will have to change the Right Field dimensions of the baseball field as well to accommodate some of the football facility changes.
All.... The current plans as I recall did not have field turf. There was some back and forth on facebook from the Rocket faithful hopeful that eventually turf would be installed. That is a good change even if it won't be till next year.

A question. (likely you can guess what it is ☺️) Increased seating is in store for the home side. Have you heard talk if there is now future plans to add seating for the away teams fans? Just curious. Ratsy

All.... The current plans as I recall did not have field turf. There was some back and forth on facebook from the Rocket faithful hopeful that eventually turf would be installed. That is a good change even if it won't be till next year.

A question. (likely you can guess what it is ☺️) Increased seating is in store for the home side. Have you heard talk if there is now future plans to add seating for the away teams fans? Just curious. Ratsy
This is what I've read/heard (take it for what it's worth, the plan/design could have changed in last couple months)...

The first phase of upgrading athletic facilities is the tennis courts. They were in really really bad shape. This week they are starting construction and should be done by fall.

After Fall 2024 football season finishes, work will begin to replace the field surface. I've heard turf as well, but don't know if that is for sure. Improvements will also include new goalposts, new scoreboard, additional home seating, and a complete entrance overhaul. I've not seen anything about additional visitor seating. They are really limited on space on that side due to residential houses immediately to the east. But I did see they were planning to construct a new building for visitor locker rooms so the visiting team doesn't have to go all the way to the old high school locker room or huddle in the NE corner of football facility.

I've been told Spring 2025 there will be no home track meets while construction is taking place, but everything should be ready for Fall 2025 football.

The soccer pitch is also supposed to be replaced by turf.

The baseball and softball fields will be completely redone as well.

This is what I've read/heard (take it for what it's worth, the plan/design could have changed in last couple months)...

The first phase of upgrading athletic facilities is the tennis courts. They were in really really bad shape. This week they are starting construction and should be done by fall.

After Fall 2024 football season finishes, work will begin to replace the field surface. I've heard turf as well, but don't know if that is for sure. Improvements will also include new goalposts, new scoreboard, additional home seating, and a complete entrance overhaul. I've not seen anything about additional visitor seating. They are really limited on space on that side due to residential houses immediately to the east. But I did see they were planning to construct a new building for visitor locker rooms so the visiting team doesn't have to go all the way to the old high school locker room or huddle in the NE corner of football facility.

I've been told Spring 2025 there will be no home track meets while construction is taking place, but everything should be ready for Fall 2025 football.

All.... I have a couple of friends who worked in the same complex as I for the Dept. of Military Affairs. They lived in Rochester and are rabid Rocket fans. One recently moved to St. Louis. Anyway both are project manager architects working large CDB builds of the a Military nature. Armories around the state and larger builds.

We had a lot of fun talking HS football especially when the season was in full swing. Of course every two years when SHG would travel to Rochester I would bring up the away seating and adding more. Both said although tight it's doable. How many could be added we never got into because that would require studies and schematics to get a determining number. I get there early enough so it's never a problem for me getting a seat. Ratsy

Reactions: Gene K.

When you "Google Maps" Rochester HS and look at it from above, there's a ton of open space around them, space in which you'd think they could orientate the layout a little differently to get the most out of the space. Does the school district own that land south of Camelot? There seems a pretty distinct rough outline of a property line there. Surely that space could be orientated differently to get the most out of it. And if you're getting turf, the softball field could easily fit where the practice football setup is now to the west of the arena.

Otherwise, isn't that the "older" part of town? There along Walnut? QND purchased homes and demolished them on Jackson St in the 90s and early 00s to make way for their new baseball field. Surely Rochester has the funds to do the same. Then again with real estate the way it is today, prob best to avoid that mess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT