ADVERTISEMENT

O in the end this season, the ESCC was the best conference

Glenbard West gets smoked by 5A, 6A, and 8A champs. I've seen them all play live multiple times and all can stop the GBW offense. What GBW can't do is stop a strong passing attack or balanced offense with multiple talented athletes. Congrats to GBW on a great, undefeated, championship season, but this best ever discussion is long in the tooth.

The CCL showed it with 3 champs. Even MC gave GW its toughest game in the playoffs.

Glenbard West gets smoked by 5A, 6A, and 8A champs. I've seen them all play live multiple times and all can stop the GBW offense. What GBW can't do is stop a strong passing attack or balanced offense with multiple talented athletes. Congrats to GBW on a great, undefeated, championship season, but this best ever discussion is long in the tooth.
Oh no....

Oh no....

I'm with @TPF523 here. Competitive games? Yes. Smoked by Naz or Montini? No.

Could Montini or Naz beat GW? Maybe. But the smoking ain't gonna happen.

I thought GW was the #1 all year until Saturday, and the title has to go to LA, with GW being a close second. Drop off from there.

Reactions: Dino brown
MCHS,

Montini beats GBW by 3 or more scores. Unlike HS who couldn't close out the game Montini and Naz both slam the door shut by the end of the 3rd quarter.

I'm with @TPF523 here. Competitive games? Yes. Smoked by Naz or Montini? No.

Could Montini or Naz beat GW? Maybe. But the smoking ain't gonna happen.

I thought GW was the #1 all year until Saturday, and the title has to go to LA, with GW being a close second. Drop off from there.

MCHS,

Montini beats GBW by 3 or more scores. Unlike HS who couldn't close out the game Montini and Naz both slam the door shut by the end of the 3rd quarter.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Naz lose to a couple of 5A teams? How do Naz' 180 lb. LB's plan on tackling Brodner....especially in the mud at Duchon? They couldn't tackle MCC's Emett Piesart, no? GW's defense appeared more vulnerable to the pass than I expected, but the Hitters defense would get enough stops.

Okay....now I'm having second thoughts...not about the above content, but why did I even respond to this madness?

PJJP,

You can't help yourself!

You pick one game as an example, didn't seem to have any issue stopping the JCA guys game 2 who beat up MCC twice. If NAZ or Montini play GBW at NIU they win in convincing fashion.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Naz lose to a couple of 5A teams? How do Naz' 180 lb. LB's plan on tackling Brodner....especially in the mud at Duchon? They couldn't tackle MCC's Emett Piesart, no? GW's defense appeared more vulnerable to the pass than I expected, but the Hitters defense would get enough stops.

Okay....now I'm having second thoughts...not about the above content, but why did I even respond to this madness?

MC140,

Who is your team? and YES YES YES! Get over yourself.

Get over myself? I am not the one self proclaiming Naz dominance over the 7a champs.

Glenbard West defeated Mt. Carmel, Cary Grove and Libertyville on their way to a title. All better teams than anyone Naz defeated this season. Three teams that at worst would be tossup opponents vs Naz. Three teams that would also have steamrolled their way through a 5a bracket.

Reactions: ClownBaby
MC140,

As usual you know it all...you must be a CCL Blue guy...I'm still guessing since you won't answer my first question. Stand by what I say GBW doesn't beat Montini, Naz, and of course Loyola who the GBW fans wanted to play up until they realized they couldn't win.

Get over myself? I am not the one self proclaiming Naz dominance over the 7a champs.

Glenbard West defeated Mt. Carmel, Cary Grove and Libertyville on their way to a title. All better teams than anyone Naz defeated this season. Three teams that at worst would be tossup opponents vs Naz. Three teams that would also have steamrolled their way through a 5a bracket.

MC140,

As usual you know it all...you must be a CCL Blue guy...I'm still guessing since you won't answer my first question. Stand by what I say GBW doesn't beat Montini, Naz, and of course Loyola who the GBW fans wanted to play up until they realized they couldn't win.

Mt. Carmel alum.

Alright hold up. I'm not saying ND beats MC or Loyola, but this year they beat Prov and Rita and hold their own vs Rice.

I'll give you the win against Rita and maybe a close game vs PC.

You think that ND would hold their own vs Rice? No way. You wouldn't say that ND beats MC, but you do know that Rice beat MC by 17 pts, right?

I'll give you the win against Rita and maybe a close game vs PC.

You think that ND would hold their own vs Rice? No way. You wouldn't say that ND beats MC, but you do know that Rice beat MC by 17 pts, right?
I think he's going on matchups that ND has problems against option teams that run right at them but can matchup against more spread of BR.

PJJP,

You can't help yourself!

You pick one game as an example, didn't seem to have any issue stopping the JCA guys game 2 who beat up MCC twice. If NAZ or Montini play GBW at NIU they win in convincing fashion.

If I am not mistaken, JCA rushed for just under 300 yds in game 2. I don't know if that is stopping them.

LWW had about 300 yds on Saturday as well...now lets look at the first half 424-118 favor Naz Bend don't break...ever hear of that concept? At the end of the day final score game 2 Naz 35 JCA 21 but they did run for 300, so you say.

If I am not mistaken, JCA rushed for just under 300 yds in game 2. I don't know if that is stopping them.

And once again, the Naz fans go on the defensive. Your comment was that Naz didn't have an issue stopping the JCA backs. That is simply not true.
It also took 69 attempts. It was the only game this year in which Naz was outgained. However it was misleading since the early turnovers left Naz Offense off the field and had 35 less plays.

Notre Dame - Lost 1st Round
JC - Lost in Quarters
Benet - Lost 2nd Round
Naz - 5A Champ (beat Laurence in semis and Leo by 28)
Marian Central Catholic - Lost 2nd Round
Marist - 8A Runner Up (lost to 3rd Place Blue Mt Carmel, lost badly to LA in State game)
Viator - DNP
Marian Catholic - DNP
Carmel - DNP
St Patrick - DNP
As for the CCL - you had 8A, 6A and 3A Champs (3 to 1), you had Laurence 5A semis, Rice 8A Quarters, MC 2nd round loss to GW (toughest game GW had), DePaul/Iggy lost 1st round games.

Notre Dame - Lost 1st Round
JC - Lost in Quarters
Benet - Lost 2nd Round
Naz - 5A Champ (beat Laurence in semis and Leo by 28)
Marian Central Catholic - Lost 2nd Round
Marist - 8A Runner Up (lost to 3rd Place Blue Mt Carmel, lost badly to LA in State game)
Viator - DNP
Marian Catholic - DNP
Carmel - DNP
St Patrick - DNP
As for the CCL - you had 8A, 6A and 3A Champs (3 to 1), you had Laurence 5A semis, Rice 8A Quarters, MC 2nd round loss to GW (toughest game GW had), DePaul/Iggy lost 1st round games.
You fail to mention only 2 of the 6 playoff qualifiers lost to non ESCC schools.
Of course you had more champs. CCL is spread among every class. Top to bottom I'll take ESCC. You can't only talk the top of the conference. CCL had 65% of the league miss the playoffs.

You fail to mention only 2 of the 6 playoff qualifiers lost to non ESCC schools.
Of course you had more champs. CCL is spread among every class. Top to bottom I'll take ESCC. You can't only talk the top of the conference. CCL had 65% of the league miss the playoffs.

The sizes of each conference are what they are and can't be changed. Take every single ESCC team from Naz through Marian Catholic and match them up against the top teams in the CCL. So, Naz vs. Loyola, Marist vs. MC, JCA vs. Montini or Rice, ND vs Montini or Rice, Benet vs PC, MCC vs Laurence, DLS or Rita, etc. I like the CCL in that scenario. If you want to match the ESCC to the CCL from the bottom up, I will grant you that the ESCC comes out ahead in that scenario.

When putting forward the argument of which conference is stronger, it would seem to me to make far more sense to start from the top and work your way down than the other way around.

So 8 of 17 total teams (remember Red only had 2 - Hales forfeited all games) making the playoffs leaves 53% not making the playoffs Of the 8 CCLs that made the playoffs did you happen to look at SOS? Naz the almighty played Bloomington (2-7) and Leo (1-8). I think Marian took on CLC and McHenry (1-8), etc. So CCL playoff teams were in 8A, 7A, 6A, 5A and 3A. We won 3 of the 5 classes = 60% and was a semi in the other. ESCC had an 8A, 7A and 5A. You won 1 of 3 = 33% and had a runner up.

And it only took jwar 30 hours to go completely off the rails....Yeesh, Montini and Naz both have the potential to compete with GBW. Probably beat them a couple times in a 10 game series, maybe even about half of the times. But neither one of them smokes GBW.

Just note that when Montini, SHG, etc. win titles, you don't hear such statements from them about the 7A and 8A champs even when it might be true. Or if you do, they know how to lessen the bravado.

That statement would officially get a C'MON MAN!!!

So 8 of 17 total teams (remember Red only had 2 - Hales forfeited all games) making the playoffs leaves 53% not making the playoffs Of the 8 CCLs that made the playoffs did you happen to look at SOS? Naz the almighty played Bloomington (2-7) and Leo (1-8). I think Marian took on CLC and McHenry (1-8), etc. So CCL playoff teams were in 8A, 7A, 6A, 5A and 3A. We won 3 of the 5 classes = 60% and was a semi in the other. ESCC had an 8A, 7A and 5A. You won 1 of 3 = 33% and had a runner up.
are you kidding with all those cross over games? And isn't the Almighty Leo one of your own?

And how much bigger is Marian Catholic than Leo? Both 1-8 correct?

What was the SOS of ESCC playoff teams vs CCL playoff teams?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT