ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern

Why is thorson not playing the full game? I get that he wa injured but he looked good yet Fitz kept throwing in Trent Greens kid.

I worry less about the Cats as I do think Cutcliffe/Daniel Jones owns them

They are rotating them because of Thorson's injury
I have only caught parts of their games so might have missed that. Do they have a specific rotation? In the Purdue game they were rolling on the first two drives and then made the switch. After that they alernated a lot. I can’t ever remembering a quarterback being limited on his playing time. Typically they are either medically cleared or not when coming back from a knee injury. Hopefully he is ready for Big 10 play.

I have only caught parts of their games so might have missed that. Do they have a specific rotation? In the Purdue game they were rolling on the first two drives and then made the switch. After that they alernated a lot. I can’t ever remembering a quarterback being limited on his playing time. Typically they are either medically cleared or not when coming back from a knee injury. Hopefully he is ready for Big 10 play.
I can't figure out the pattern. Scary as a Cat's fan

Why is thorson not playing the full game? I get that he wa injured but he looked good yet Fitz kept throwing in Trent Greens kid.

Thorson was terrible before the injury, and continues to prove stupidity of McCall.

Not sure why you feel Thorson was terrible before the injury?
Depending upon his recovery from the knee injury he is a likely draft choice.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Gee, looking at his stats in the past, his inability to throw the deep ball, INTERCEPTIONS....

How this guy gets a pass with you guys is beyond me.

Gee, looking at his stats in the past, his inability to throw the deep ball, INTERCEPTIONS....

How this guy gets a pass with you guys is beyond me.
Anybody ever looked up his TD-int ratio?
Anybody ever looked up the number of pick 6’s

He’s not playing full time because he REALLY thinks he is an nfl prodigy and he doesn’t really want to play.

I’ll bet you he ends the year with less than 25 rushes for the season.

He’s a PUTZ. Get used to it

At some point, and I thought this would come years in the past, someone is going to ask “WHY IS HE STILL ON THE FIELD?”

I’d love someone to call McCall and Fitz out, but it will never happen. I pissed out the purple coolaid after Seimian left and this PUTZ have the job

Last edited:
https://www.insidenu.com/2018/5/1/1...iano-montre-hartage-paddy-fisher-northwestern
Still too early to predict how the season will go or how well the recovery from the ACL surgery will go, although he has looked pretty mobile so far.
I guess I will choose to believe the NFL experts as well as my own eyes over your strangely aggressive opinion.
You seem angry about this?
I am.... very.

Again, I’ll stand by my assertion as well as his stats. But rather than debate it now, I’ll bet you he won’t run the ball and his playtime will be limited whenever a defense sniffs him. They will try to pad his stats against the laughers, but without JJ, you will get to see the the Clayton.

Check out his interview today... tell me how you think it looks!

Ugly second half for Thorson and the Cats. 2 pick 6s and a fumble returned
The first pick 6 was brutal. The 2nd one should have been caught. That number 10 on Akron played lights out! I don't think anyone on the field wanted to win more than that dude.

EPIC?
BMW?

Here’s your draft pic padding his conference leading stats again! Glad to see McCall and Pat have truly developed this future NFL’er.

Yep, so far you have been correct.
Thorsen and most of the team have not looked good at all. The offensive line has been miserable, which isn’t helping, but that Akron team was terrible. If NU had played remotely well they would have won by 40 points.
To make it even worse it was a four hour game, they better figure out a way to start selling beer at Ryan field if this continues.
By the way, BMW’s are nice cars.

Reactions: Gene K.
Yep, so far you have been correct.
Thorsen and most of the team have not looked good at all. The offensive line has been miserable, which isn’t helping, but that Akron team was terrible. If NU had played remotely well they would have won by 40 points.
To make it even worse it was a four hour game, they better figure out a way to start selling beer at Ryan field if this continues.
By the way, BMW’s are nice cars.

Beer at Ryan would definitely help for those at the game who can’t turn the mediocrity off.

THORSON WILL GRADUATE AS THE WORST RATED QB OF THE PADDY ERA.

Since he can dictate to McCall what plays he will or will not run and has no JJ to take any heat off of him, his painfully obvious inability to perform will be showcased like their new practice field.
I used to watch postgame press conferences strictly waiting to hear someone ask Paddy the obvious WTF question. After I found out they control the postgame attendance,questions, and the narrative to insure Paddy doesnt have to answer any “tough” questions, I even quit watching that.
I wish no ill will towards the health and happiness of any of the current Wildcat players who were sold a pipe dream with purple coolaid, but whomever decided Thorson was a starter to begin with was a BUFFOON. STATS DO NOT LIE!

PS. BMW 635csi was possibly one of the coolest cars ever!

Beer at Ryan would definitely help for those at the game who can’t turn the mediocrity off.

THORSON WILL GRADUATE AS THE WORST RATED QB OF THE PADDY ERA.

Since he can dictate to McCall what plays he will or will not run and has no JJ to take any heat off of him, his painfully obvious inability to perform will be showcased like their new practice field.
I used to watch postgame press conferences strictly waiting to hear someone ask Paddy the obvious WTF question. After I found out they control the postgame attendance,questions, and the narrative to insure Paddy doesnt have to answer any “tough” questions, I even quit watching that.
I wish no ill will towards the health and happiness of any of the current Wildcat players who were sold a pipe dream with purple coolaid, but whomever decided Thorson was a starter to begin with was a BUFFOON. STATS DO NOT LIE!

PS. BMW 635csi was possibly one of the coolest cars ever!

While I agree Thorsen is overrated there has been no other QB on the roster that is better the him so who should they play? You can argue they need to recruit better but he is the best that they have.

While I agree Thorsen is overrated there has been no other QB on the roster that is better the him so who should they play? You can argue they need to recruit better but he is the best that they have.
He MIGHT...MIGHT...be best they now, however if there is even a question mark, you will not see a backup. They can’t afford to look like bad decision makers even while their Golden Parachute drops.

They TOTALLY screwed Matt Alviti.

If these bozos did not have the academics of Northwestern backing them up as a school, they couldn’t recruit a bunch of Dems to a Trump hat burning rally.

He MIGHT...MIGHT...be best they now, however if there is even a question mark, you will not see a backup. They can’t afford to look like bad decision makers even while their Golden Parachute drops.

If these bozos did not have the academics of Northwestern backing them up as a school, they couldn’t recruit a bunch of Dems to a Trump hat burning rally.

NU did split time at QB in 2015 with Thorson and Oliver but Alviti got beat out but the top two guys and never made the rotation. He was a very good HS QB but was over matched in the Big Ten he was too small and didn’t have a strong enough arm or the foot speed to overcome it.

Reactions: Bwm57
It’s funny, I wondered if your extreme reaction had anything to do with Matt Alviti and now you have confirmed it.
I was even going to make a joke and ask if you were Mr. Alviti, then I decided he’s probably a nice guy so I didn’t want to imply anything negative about the family.

NU did split time at QB in 2015 with Thorson and Oliver but Alviti got beat out but the top two guys and never made the rotation. He was a very good HS QB but was over matched in the Big Ten he was too small and didn’t have a strong enough arm or the foot speed to overcome it.
I must have missed Matt’s performance in the bowl game last year.

HOWEVER... I can tell you his foot speed was that of a lot of receivers in the Big10. I’ll see if I can’t get his times from his tryouts last year.

Regarding his arm... well, sadly to say after he throws some frozen ropes against Penn St last year including a TD they wouldn’t give him much of a chance to throw the ball after that. As I recall he was on the run. Can’t make Clayton look bad so no more throwing for you mister.

It’s funny, I wondered if your extreme reaction had anything to do with Matt Alviti and now you have confirmed it.
I was even going to make a joke and ask if you were Mr. Alviti, then I decided he’s probably a nice guy so I didn’t want to imply anything negative about the family.

Ah... good catch. Mr Alviti is about a solid person as you would ever meet. Our neighbors of 18 yrs. He would NEVER say publicly what he thinks about this particular subject. I couldn’t possibly have more respect for how he and his family have handled this tragedy of stupidity. Nothing was ever satisfied for them because the kid never had a fair shot. When Paddy says to the media “no position has been decided” in the offseason.

At the same time I’m not sure why you would imply I’m not a nice person as nothing I have suggested in this thread was based on anything other than black and white facts that any moron like myself can look up. Unfortunately because of proximity I know more than I would like to about the recruiting, the promises, the “we have a package for you this week” lies that boy was told.

In the end, I’m well aware it doesn’t matter what I think, except for the fact that a diploma from An AWESOME institution, what these guys have done at least in this case is borderline criminal.

Any of you on this thread, if you were in my shoes, would feel exactly the same way I do IM CERTAIN.

Last edited:
Ah... good catch. Mr Alviti is about a solid person as you would ever meet. Our neighbors of 18 yrs. He would NEVER say publicly what he thinks about this particular subject. He would actually prefer to speak to those two buffoons face to face, however that will never happen.

At the same time I’m not sure why you would imply I’m not a nice person as nothing I have suggested in this thread was based on anything other than black and white facts that any moron like myself can look up. Unfortunately because of proximity I know more than I would like to about the recruiting, the promises, the “we have a package for you this week” lies that boy was told.

In the end, I’m well aware it doesn’t matter what I think, except for the fact that a diploma from An AWESOME institution, what these guys have done at least in this case is borderline criminal.

Promises are pretty much what every college coach does to get kids to go there. They all lie and use the players since that’s how the system is set up. You especially have to keep back up QBs happy since if they leave it can kill a program so you tell them what ever they want to hear so they stay.

You need to improve your reading comprehension. I said I didn’t make a joke asking if you were Mr. Alviti because I didn’t want to imply that he would come on a message board and post what you were posting.
I was very, very happy for Matt to get his chance in the bowl game and it was great that NU came through victorious in his last game.
Here’s a nice article about him following the game.
https://www.insidenu.com/2017/12/31...-bowl-pat-fitzgerald-kentucky-clayton-thorson

Matt is an incredible kid off the field. Him and Matt Perez are exactly what one would hope a kid of their hype would be as people. That has the most to do with why I have been so pissed for years. The Alviti’s are hands down the most generous people I know. I was very aware of the Recruiting process and what all he dealt with. He was 100% believing.
One of the most confident competitive kids I have ever seen. His future was bright, and he was going to get a great education. Part of that game true. The other part became borderline criminal.

Like I said earlier, if not for NU academically, these guys couldn’t recruit a fly to shit show.

He never got a real chance to play, much less play where plays are called to work towards his strengths. The better he did, the less he played.

He came into a bowl game as a complete shock because his mind was convinced he wouldn’t see the field. Given that fact, it became pretty safe to say that his performance might have warranted different considerations.

If he had really gotten any meaningful playtime where plays were on his side, and he failed... hey, at least there was closure. HOWEVER, after that performance, it was painfully obvious how bad he had been treated, not only with play calling but playing at all. No REAL CHANCE, NO CLOSURE.
Had he played and sucked... hey , we were wrong, Paddy and MAC are geniuses.

He didn’t suck.

Promises are pretty much what every college coach does to get kids to go there. They all lie and use the players since that’s how the system is set up. You especially have to keep back up QBs happy since if they leave it can kill a program so you tell them what ever they want to hear so they stay.

I agree 100%... when can someone ask one of the $&@#%£¥ coaches at NU to have the stones to tell ANYONE why the kid never got a shot. Truth is... anyone close enough to ask, knows the situation,and knows not to ask publicly or they get blackballed.

My problem is, nobody ever got to see what the kid was capable of, no reason why, and for gosh sakes, WE ALL KNOW CLAYTON HAS PLAYED BAD ENOUGH TO WARRANT AT LEAST A LOOK!

Absolutely disagrees with me. I’m tempted to suggest the NU folks wrote that to begin with
If anyone is getting knighted it’s Your boy C
Actually Walter Football has been around for over ten years and is run by a former Penn State guy, doubt they would somehow come under the direction of the NU people.
I have never understood the concept that coaches and staffs would, for some reason, inexplicably not play players that could help them win and keep their jobs but apparently you do.
Matt Alviti did a nice job managing the team to victory in the bowl game, but he also had to work through two hip surgeries while at NU, so you also need to take that into account when he wasn’t starting.
BWM

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT