ADVERTISEMENT

Northern Illinois Big 12

gags33

Gold Member
Sep 12, 2018
Its really 10 teams. Nnotsure how much interest this will generate, but since other conferences have a prediction thread I'd figured I'd start this one. just a note, this is the last year this conference will be around. Everybody going separate ways next year.

DeKalb at Kaneland Kaneland(upset)
Sycamore at Yorkville . Yorkville(toss up)
Rochelle at LaSalle-Peru . Rochelle
Sterling at Geneseo. Sterling
Morris at Ottawa . Morris

I really think Yorkville is a true sleeper team this year....and they are a damn good team as well. Easily one of the top 6A-4A conferences in the state I'll miss it when it's gone. Was very happy to see NBCSC FINALLY listen to me and send some cameras out last Friday to cover a few games....what some people don't realize is that logistics in getting highlights shot and either transmitted or driven back to downtown Chicago makes it a really hard thing to pull off....

Reactions: gags33
Its really 10 teams. Nnotsure how much interest this will generate, but since other conferences have a prediction thread I'd figured I'd start this one. just a note, this is the last year this conference will be around. Everybody going separate ways next year.

Conference threads are always well received. Perhaps provide a little analysis so we can understand the match-ups a bit better.

Everybody going separate ways next year.

many of the current NIB12 will still be together in the new I8. ottawa, lasalle-peru, sycamore, rochelle, morris, and kaneland will team up with plano and sandwich.

sterling and geneseo will be in the western big 6 (8?). i can't recall where yorkville and dekalb are going.

as of right now, it looks to me like the nib12 east is wide open this year. yorkville has been impressive so far. but all 4 of the other teams are good enough to win that side of the league. sterling appears to be a notch above the others in the west division, but time will tell if that is accurate.

Many of the old NIB12 teams will form the new I8. Anyone know what the old I8 will be called?

Dekalb is in limbo I think with the breakup of the NIB12.

I heard Dekalb is looking at going to either the Upstate 8 OR a slight chance they might look at the DVC. Either is really not a bad commute. It may seem like a lot of miles but on i88 it’s nothin. D204/D203 schools to Dekalb takes less time to get to than the old drives to Lake Park and Glenbard North in Friday traffic. Way longer to LP and GBN. I’m assuming same type of thing for Upstate if they move there (and they would do very very well in the Upstate in my opinion).

More please!!

I know a little bit about Dekalb and sterling and Kaneland, but am really lacking knowledge on all the teams in general.

I’m going with
Dekalb
Sycamore
Rochelle
Sterling
Morris.

Great thread. Always seems that this conference is a little underrated for what it is. The east as a whole much better but the best team is from the west IMO.

Dekalb
Sycamore
Rochelle (interested to see what LP is though)
Sterling
Morris.

Underrated is right... Just look at last year's playoff qualifiers from this conference. Always a grind of a football conference. Sterling for the last few years has been the best team overall. DeKalb is next in line. Last year was a three-way tie for the conference title between DeKalb , kaneland and Morris on the Eastside... Sterling ran away with it in the West... Over the last 5 years or so, Sycamore Yorkville and kaneland have alternated wins against each other... now if kaneland or Yorkville can beat DeKalb, then we have another chance for a three-way tie in the east side. DeKalb just beat Sycamore 17-14 last weekend.

I doI do not know much about LaSalle Peru. I know Geneseo has a good quarterback who was a sophomore last year. I think Morris is not as strong as last year. And unfortunately I don't know much about Rochelle either. But I think they went pretty far last year. Not sure if they graduated a lot of kids or not.

Geneseo's qb last year, Isaiah Rivera, no longer plays football. He's a D1 basketball recruit with several offers and gave up football for the hardwood

Hey Golden Warrior how has Sterling fared against Dekalb in recent years.

In ‘16 Sterling converted a 2 pt conversion in overtime to win 43-42 at Dekab. Very entertaining back and forth game. Sterling coaches made the right call to go for the win, they couldn’t get stops at the end.

Last year it was a little more decisive, 31-3 Sterling win at Sterling.

Hey Golden Warrior how has Sterling fared against Dekalb in recent years.

sterling and dekalb have played 4 times in the last 8 or 9 years. sterling won all 4 of those games, but all of the games were closely contested except last years contest.

Yorkville missing starting tailback(out for season) and best WR(injury) against tough, possibly best D in NI12 Sycamore tonight could cause issues for the Foxes tonight.

I was surprised Kaneland beat Dekalb after Sterling beat Kaneland 42-24, I thought Dekalb would beat Kaneland by at least 20, so I’m now wondering if Sterling is really that good? Or if Dekalb isint as good as I thought they were?

So you think you DeKalb has the best D in the conference...kaneland not to bad either.. gave up a lot of points to Sterling but many of those were due to turnovers deep in our territory. Coupled with the fact that I think Sterling is a very good team. Will the wide receiver be back this year? Sorry to hear about the running back. I heard Yorkville was looking good this year... I think all the teams are equally matched in the east division.

I think it's a combination of both. I think Sterling is a very good team. Kaneland is a good team also just did not give them a good game. Bad night... they moved the ball on Sterling .. a costly turnover on the 3 and also on first drive of the game some questionable play-calling inside the five which cost them another touchdown. If you're going to go far in the playoffs you're going to have to beat Sterling. I know KanelandKwants another shotI.

I was not that impressed with DeKalb. The quarterback will be good next year but he's only a sophomore. The inexperience showed... They lost their heads in the game which resulted in costly unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

Reactions: Gene K.
Sorry Brad misunderstood your statement. You think sycamores defense is best in the league?? We'll find out next week I guess..

Sorry Brad misunderstood your statement. You think sycamores defense is best in the league?? We'll find out next week I guess..

They(Sycamore) bring constant athletic LB pressure and have good scheme. Physical. If we have our wr we win that game by 10 IMO.

But they are very very good D.

Alright here we go. This This weeks games:

KANELAND AT SYCAMORE...... I'M GOING TO SAY SYCAMORE HAS SLIGHT ADVANTAGE WITH THE HOME FIELD. BUT I GOT TO STICK WITH MY KNIGHTS WITH ANOTHER UPSET

MORRIS AT DEKALB......DEKALB. BIG TIME HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE. THEY ALWAYS PLAY GOOD AT HOME. MORRIS LIKES GRASS. DEKALB WILL BOUNCE BACK BIG TIME.

YORKVILLE AT ROCHELLE.....YORKVILLE BUT THEY WONT BLOW THEM OUT. ROCHELLE LIKES TO EAT THE CLOCK. NOT ENOUGH TIME FOR YORKVILLE TO EXPLODE.

OTTAWA AT STERLING....STERLING...WE COULD SEE A RUNNING CLOCK HERE. NOT A SHOT AT OTTAWA, JUST STERLINGS IN A DIFFERENT LEVEL HERE.

LASALLE-PERU AT GENESEO.....DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT LP BUT IM GOING WITH GENESEO

Reactions: Brad0710
Alright here we go. This This weeks games:

KANELAND AT SYCAMORE...... I'M GOING TO SAY SYCAMORE HAS SLIGHT ADVANTAGE WITH THE HOME FIELD. BUT I GOT TO STICK WITH MY KNIGHTS WITH ANOTHER UPSET

MORRIS AT DEKALB......DEKALB. BIG TIME HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE. THEY ALWAYS PLAY GOOD AT HOME. MORRIS LIKES GRASS. DEKALB WILL BOUNCE BACK BIG TIME.

YORKVILLE AT ROCHELLE.....YORKVILLE BUT THEY WONT BLOW THEM OUT. ROCHELLE LIKES TO EAT THE CLOCK. NOT ENOUGH TIME FOR YORKVILLE TO EXPLODE.

OTTAWA AT STERLING....STERLING...WE COULD SEE A RUNNING CLOCK HERE. NOT A SHOT AT OTTAWA, JUST STERLINGS IN A DIFFERENT LEVEL HERE.

LASALLE-PERU AT GENESEO.....DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT LP BUT IM GOING WITH GENESEO

I’ll take Sycamore over Kaneland, Kaneland has a good offense but needs more speed on defense.

Morris is down according to Morris standards, Dekalb should win this one

Yorkville over Rochelle, totally agree with you.

The worst team Sterling has faced to date, coukd be 42-0 1st quarter. That’s okay, their reserves have gotten much experience this year!

LP Geneseo is toughest pick, LP seems to be better than normal and Geneseo is down, should be close but I’ll take Geneseo at home.

Sycamore(possible rain will help Sycamore)
Dekalb(if it is raining I change my pick to Morris)
Yorkville
Sterling
LP

Many of the old NIB12 teams will form the new I8. Anyone know what the old I8 will be called?

Haven't heard other than they obviously can't use Interstate 8 since they withdrew and it's unavailable so they have to come up with a new name.

Actually, Sandwich and Plano didn't leave the I-8. The rest of the schools withdrew from the conference. The I-8 for next year will be:

Plano
Sandwich
Morris
Ottawa
LaSalle-Peru
Sycamore
Rochelle
Kaneland

Sycamore over Kaneland- game of the week in the conference.

Dekalb over Morris- Dekalb can’t be happy with how last week ended. I think they win big.

Yorkville over Rochelle- Could go either way

Sterling over Ottawa- best team in the conference vs the worst. Over early.

LP over Geneseo- Geneseo has beat up on LP for years. I think LP takes the last conference matchup between the 2.

Good luck to all

i give LP a chance in that game, but i am taking geneseo. i think LP's record is a product of their schedule. their 3 wins are over teams that are a combined 2-13. and they just gave up 55 points to rochelle, who ran all over them. geneseo can do the same...and the game is at geneseo.

the sterling/ottawa game is intriguing for only one reason - it's believed that ottawa played a key part in sterling NOT getting an invite to the new league and this could be the last time these two teams play football for a very long time. draw your own conclusions from that.

Trust me.. I'd rather have Sterling than Ottawa. Other than kaneland Sycamore and Rochelle and Morris to an extent, I don't see much competition in that conference. Only because we are bigger schools. I don't even know why they agreed to let us in. I think the kaneland Athletics pushed for it because they did not want to be left out to long without a conference. The only other place offering us a spot was a bunch of Rockford schools which nobody in the community wanted or logistical reasons. There are a lot of people in the kaneland communityh that do not like the new conference. For what I understand it is a trial basis. I really don't know all the politics of it all but I do know that I wish we were in a stronger conference much like the one we are in now..... Where is Sterling playing next year?

Actually, Sandwich and Plano didn't leave the I-8. The rest of the schools withdrew from the conference. The I-8 for next year will be:

Plano
Sandwich
Morris
Ottawa
LaSalle-Peru
Sycamore
Rochelle
Kaneland

Yep, I got that part. Plano and Sandwich gets to keep the I-8 name. I guess it’s a somewhat different subject but I was wondering what the “old” I-8 teams were gonna be called.

Predictions :
Sycamore and Kaneland
-Will be high scoring
-Sycamore wins because D wins games
42-31 final

Dekalb and Morris
-will be closer than you think
-low scoring
20-14 Dekalb

Yorkville and Rochelle
-Rochelle is average
-Yorkville is tough this year
42-28 final Yorkvilke

Sterling and Ottawa
-will be the last time Sterling plays Ottawa
- Ottawa is way down this year
-could be running clock end of 1st q
-Sterling reserves in before half time and still continue to score.
65-14 final Sterling

Geneseo and LP
-this will be very close evenly matched game
-Nudge to Geneseo at home
21-14 final Geneseo

Note: Geneseo led Sterling 7-0 after the first half before Sterling scored 43 unanswered points winning 43-7 If Geneseo can sustain clock eating drives like they did the first q of Sterling game, they win.

Kaneland / Sycamore 28 to 7. Should have been 28 -0... Bad snap on field goal try turned into a touchdown.. kaneland d shut them down..time for some respect

Kaneland / Sycamore 28 to 7. Should have been 28 -0... Bad snap on field goal try turned into a touchdown.. kaneland d shut them down..time for some respect
Yorkville walked 41 to 7 wasnt that close

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT