ADVERTISEMENT

Next: Who are the Next 5 to commit Class of 2021?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
It gets pretty interesting here for the remaining uncommitted names in the Class of 2021.

Just to paint a picture for you here...because of the never ending changes to the recruiting landscape in large part due to COVID 19 we have 53 known names who have already given verbal commitments. That's a considerable amount of names already verbally "locked" into a school. Look for even more commits to follow very soon.

Several kids are now starting to draw more and more pressure to commit, especially kids holding bigger D1 offers. Others holding higher level FCS offers (Missouri Valley schools) are also starting to feel pressure to make a decision.

What is also sure to follow? A major amount of decommitments once colleges are allowed to host kids on campuses for visits...especially since so many kids have yet to step on a college campus and in many cases...gave schools a verbal commitment without ever visiting that school.

Stay tuned.

Here is my best guess on who are the next 5 kids to make a verbal commitment in the Class of 2021

OL Jackson Carsello Glenbrook North- Carsello has really seen his recruiting stock take off over the past few months including a handful of major Power 5 offers last week in Duke and Northwestern. Carsello has a ton of Ivy League roster spot offers along with several other athletic scholarship offers at the FBS and FCS level. Carsello is also a high academic kid and that will play a huge part of his college choice. I don't see schools like Duke, Illinois and Northwestern waiting on him forever...and my best guess for him would be Northwestern. The Cats have been a dream school for Carsello, is close to home and I expect him and his family to drive over and look around the school and the campus soon. No question a big home field advantage for Northwestern here.

OL Jack Walsh Fremd- Walsh also has a ton of offers at the FBS/FCS level and he has started to narrow things down a bit for now. Walsh has a chance I feel to end up as a MAC level talent...but that could include Walsh needing to hold off a bit before getting more FBS looks and eventual offers. Walsh at last check still had an offer form his Dads alma matter Wyoming along with an offer from Kent State plus offers from several FCS level offers mainly from Missouri Valley schools. I'll take a guess and say Wyoming for Walsh if not then I'll say either Kent State or maybe an Illinois State.

ATH Carter Evans Prairie Ridge- Over 30 offers and counting for Evans this summer. Virginia is the latest offer and his second Power 5 offer. My guess is Evans will wait a week or two to see if any other of the Power 5 schools in contact with him such as Indiana, Cincinnati, Arizona State, Illinois and Missouri step up and offer....if not I'll say he commits to Virginia. However....Evans is also a kid who isn't exactly blown away just by a bigger school name...so a commitment to a MAC school wouldn't surprise me.

TE Alec Palella Bartlett- Just feels like Palella won't let his recruiting go on for too long. Palella also has several offers from FBC/FCS schools and added a recent offer from Miami of Ohio. Look for Palella to focus more on the MAC offers here and I'll guess Miami of Ohio or Western Michigan will land Palella. Palella could also hold off and maybe get a lower tier Big Ten offer...but it seems like the NAC offers remain his best option so far this summer.

DE Ryan Keeler Nazareth Academy- I really haven;'t talked serious recruiting lately with him personally for a longer while...but I get the feeling Keeler is getting closer to a decision these days. Keeler follows the recruiting game pretty close, knows that he already has some excellent offers and options and is also well aware that those offers can dry up pretty quickly these days. I keep hearing the likes of Rutgers for Keeler but I also wouldn't count of a Boston College or an Ole Miss either here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News