ADVERTISEMENT

New: IHSA Football Coaches Preseason Poll

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Several coaches across the state have come together to have a IHSA football coaches poll this spring season. Linked is the entire 8A thru 1A Preseason poll and you'll find these here every wekk this coming season along with my own polls etc.

Class 8a IHSA Coaches Preseason Poll

Class 7a IHSA Coaches Preseason Poll

Class 6a IHSA Coaches Preseason Poll

Class 5a IHSA Coaches Preseason Poll

Class 4a IHSA Coaches Preseason Poll

Class 3a IHSA Coaches Preseason Poll

Class 2a IHSA Coaches Preseason Poll

Class 1a IHSA Coaches Preseason Poll

Wow LZ at #5? These coaches should be embarrassed that just fill out a ballot based on past program success. Do your homework people! Lost 18 starters, have no QB and best junior tore ligament in hoops game 3 weeks ago. Current junior class won 4 games last year and 1 as freshmen. 4-2 will be a stretch for them this year.

Reactions: Anomalyout28
Really curious as to how many players on these highly regarded teams left the state last fall to play elsewhere and appear to be back for a fifth year of high school football? Has any one seen the IHSA's position on those players and is it fair to those players who didn't/couldn't jump ship be it a lack of resources or understanding that might be okay only if moving right on to college like a J.J. McCarthy. How would teams facing Naz this year feel if he was back? Seems like a competitive advantage that should not be....

Really curious as to how many players on these highly regarded teams left the state last fall to play elsewhere and appear to be back for a fifth year of high school football? Has any one seen the IHSA's position on those players and is it fair to those players who didn't/couldn't jump ship be it a lack of resources or understanding that might be okay only if moving right on to college like a J.J. McCarthy. How would teams facing Naz this year feel if he was back? Seems like a competitive advantage that should not be....
There aren't any on our team, however, it was pretty clear early on the IHSA was going to allow it. As for fairness, good for those kids doing what they had to do.

Nobody is playing for a championship so who cares.

Do you have any information about any single player who played in the fall who is playing this spring? Have not heard of any.

Nobody is playing for a championship so who cares.

Sad but true. I feel bad for the kids. They get to at least play and for some show their talent for recruiting purposes. Not playing for a title of some sort takes me back to when my kids were in t-ball and they didn’t keep score or the team record. I get it when your in t-ball it’s all about learning. HS kids it’s more than just learning, it’s having pride, working as a team and having a goal. Playing for nothing is kind of pointless. I guess the only way to look at it is at least they get to play a few games.

This will be the first year LWE will not make the playoffs regardless of their record.

Do you have any information about any single player who played in the fall who is playing this spring? Have not heard of any.
There are at least 4 if not 5 at Maine South including their terrific qb. Does it matter really I am not sure.....

But if I were Evanston with a young very talented team it would sure seem like a big time competitive advantage. Having not beaten Maine South in more than 20 years it would sure be nice for Evanston to go into Friday’s big CSL game on equal footing. A conference championship two decades in the making is a big deal. Admittedly as a New Trier fan we would want the same in week 5....

There are at least 4 if not 5 at Maine South including their terrific qb. Does it matter really I am not sure.....

It doesn’t matter one bit. It probably hurt the teams that lost players. They did not get to practice with them the 30 or so contact days we had in the fall. Regarding MS, the advantage goes to Evanston and NT who had a full roster And full practices with them. Should be fun. It‘s my understanding Maine South had state title or bust expectations with this team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT