ADVERTISEMENT

Class 6A IHSA Preseason Coaches Poll talk

There’s been zero local talk about football in the FVC since 2019 ended so I have no idea what CG or PR looks like. Good rankings I guess.

Chatham Glenwood bulldozed the rest of the CS8 in 2019, winning all conference games by at least 24 points. However, they graduated every important skill player and the core of their Defense. They are well coached, and I’m sure new kids will step up. This still could be somewhat of a rebuilding season. Springfield added a transfer Running Back from Southeast who will be a big help to QB Rashad Rochelle. They have top 15 potential, if the Defense improves from 2019.

I could be very wrong on this but I had no idea Providence was touted for anything this year. Do they have more than than j had thought? Or is 6A just not very deep this year?

Kenwood is easily a top 15 team. They have several D1 prospects, are well coached and very fast! Should give Simeon a tough challenge in their only real tough game this year.

Reactions: Gene K.
I could be very wrong on this but I had no idea Providence was touted for anything this year. Do they have more than than j had thought? Or is 6A just not very deep this year?
I think a lot of this is based on past/recent success and not necessarily knowledge of teams this year.

Reactions: Bowie50
Chatham Glenwood bulldozed the rest of the CS8 in 2019, winning all conference games by at least 24 points. However, they graduated every important skill player and the core of their Defense. They are well coached, and I’m sure new kids will step up. This still could be somewhat of a rebuilding season. Springfield added a transfer Running Back from Southeast who will be a big help to QB Rashad Rochelle. They have top 15 potential, if the Defense improves from 2019.

All.... Hearing some covid issues at SHS with impact players. Not sure if it is because of that but the Senators week one opener with Lanphier has been moved to Monday March 22. Ratsy

2 kids. One is back and they have several transfers that are eligible now.

CPL Talk? I'm in. Kenwood loses to Simeon and Morgan Park in that conference for sure. They will have a tough time with Curie. These transfers intrigue me. Where did they come from?

Reactions: Schwab54
CPL Talk? I'm in. Kenwood loses to Simeon and Morgan Park in that conference for sure. They will have a tough time with Curie. These transfers intrigue me. Where did they come from?
Kenwood will have NO problems with Curie or Morgan Park. In case you havent noticed, Kenwood is probably the 3rd best team in the city behind Phillips and Simeon, right along with Taft. Hell Curie and Morgan Park not even in the top 6 or 7. Those days of them being CPS powerhouses are long gone.

Kenwood will have NO problems with Curie or Morgan Park. In case you havent noticed, Kenwood is probably the 3rd best team in the city behind Phillips and Simeon, right along with Taft. Hell Curie and Morgan Park not even in the top 6 or 7. Those days of them being CPS powerhouses are long gone.

There is zero chance Curie and Morgan Park are not top 7 in the city.

We can go by Maxpreps rankings. At the end of the year, my rankings will be
1. Simeon 5-0
2. Phillips 5-0
3. Kenwood 4-1
4. Taft 4-1
5. Clark 5-0
6. Solorio 4-1
7. Lincoln Park 3-2

1. Simeon 5-0
2. Phillips 5-0
3. Kenwood 4-1
4. Taft 4-1
5. Clark 5-0
6. Solorio 4-1
7. Lincoln Park 3-2
I like the passion for CPL football! Since MaxPreps doesn't publish their ranking algorithms, I don't have a lot of confidence in using MaxPreps to rank anything. I do, however, have a lot of confidence in what a CPS Coach says. What say you, @Schwab54 ?

1. Simeon 5-0
2. Phillips 5-0
3. Kenwood 4-1
4. Taft 4-1
5. Clark 5-0
6. Solorio 4-1
7. Lincoln Park 3-2

The Max Prep rankings suck, and with a 5 game season they might credit a win higher. Solorio and Clark may have better records but I can promise you they aren't better than Morgan Park and Curie. And Lincoln Park definitely isn't as good as those 2 either.

Reactions: GhostOfTheGhhost
The Max Prep rankings suck, and with a 5 game season they might credit a win higher. Solorio and Clark may have better records but I can promise you they aren't better than Morgan Park and Curie. And Lincoln Park definitely isn't as good as those 2 either.
As a multi year veteran of Hot Thursday Afternoon CPL Action, I would tend to agree with this assessment. Kenwood hasn't played in a top conference in years, if ever, nor has Clark. That fact alone puts them below MP, Curie, and even LP. Gotta beat the best to be the best...(with apologies to Ric Flair)

As a coach in CPS for over 20 years, I can tell you for a fact that majority of the teams in the top 2 conferences are not that much better than the schools in the next two conferences. The last 3 years Payton, Clark and Kenwood have been as good or better than both Curie and Morgan Park. But because the 3 of them were in the same conference and until this year. There hasnt been any upward movement. But by next year Kenwood and Clark will both be in the big league, with Payton following soon after

As a coach in CPS for over 20 years, I can tell you for a fact that majority of the teams in the top 2 conferences are not that much better than the schools in the next two conferences. The last 3 years Payton, Clark and Kenwood have been as good or better than both Curie and Morgan Park. But because the 3 of them were in the same conference and until this year. There hasnt been any upward movement. But by next year Kenwood and Clark will both be in the big league, with Payton following soon after

hahahahaha Clark? I will bet a case of bush light they're not

I''s say the rankings are right. What if they wanted to embarrass them?

No Luther??? @LHSTigers94?????

Overhearing West pressbox talking about Mile McVey - 6/7-345 ... funny!

Kicking in the usual post-season form ...

Box: East St. Louis 64, Belleville West 2
1 2 3 4 Final
East St. Louis 26 38 0 0 64
Belleville West 0 0 0 2 2
Overall League Pts For/Avg Pts Against/Avg
East St. Louis 1-0 1-0 64/64 2/2
Belleville West 0-1 0-1 2/2 64/64
First Quarter
E: Kenneth Cotton 9 pass from Robert Battle (kick failed),
7:49E: Marquise Palmer 14 run (Peter Baxton Jr. kick),
7:24E: Robert Battle 2 run (Peter Baxton Jr. kick),
5:05E: Kuron Parchmon 43 pass from Robert Battle (kick failed),