ADVERTISEMENT

Class 5A IHSA Preseason Coaches Poll talk

Payton wont be as good this year. New coach, team graduated 12 seniors and hasnt had frosh/soph team in 4yrs. Coach didnt get hired until after the pandemic started. No way he could have had the time to install his system.

Reactions: Schwab54
If the transfer QB from Eisenhower plays well, I could see Decatur MacArthur being in the 10-15 range. They get Chatham, Springfield, and Rochester at home. All tough games, but they have beaten SHG and Rochester at home in past years and took to Chatham to OT before losing in 2018.

Reactions: net-se
Triad is certainly a team that could come on to this list. They play both Mascoutah and Highland in the first two weeks of the season,which will both be close games.

All of these teams play in the Mississippi Valley Conference, which I think could have made some noise in the middle classes if there were playoffs this year. Four of the six MVC teams(Civic Memorial in 4a is the only one I have not mentioned above) made the playoffs last year and three of those four teams were only knocked out by teams that would go on to play in the State Championship.

Reactions: net-se
All.... The voting coaches panel for class 5A. Ratsy

Mike Bukovski - Montini Catholic
Ryan Crissey - Glenbard South
Patrick Etherton - Mount Zion
Derek Hart - Kankakee
Jake Jaworski - Joliet Catholic
Craig Knoche - Payton
Bryan Lee - Carbondale
Derek Leonard - Rochester
Joe Ryan - Sycamore
Johnathon Schlemmer - Sterling