ADVERTISEMENT

ND-7 Rita-31 FINAL

ESCC fan

Nov 15, 2003
Rita has thrown 3 INTs, one of which was a pick 6. Not much offense for either side other than one really nice drive by Rita right after the pick 6.

I know next to nothing about how this all works...but the broadcast mentioned ND might have a playoff shot at 4-5 given their playoff points. Cursory look at the IHSA website makes this seem not likely but anyone know for sure?

I expect a different Rita team in the second half.

ND 3 and out. Rita with a nice drive but settles for a FG after a pretty uncalled for unsportsmanlike conduct. Game is getting chippy on both sides. The northwest side sons of city workers vs the southwest side sons of city workers...can't be too surprised that it is getting chippy.

Game likely just about over unless ND can find offense that it hasn't had all year (or get two more defensive of special teams TDs).

ND had a nice drive moving the ball through the air. Missed their second close FG of the game. RIta has the ball back and is focusing a lot more on their ground game (after their 3 first half INTs). Expect Rita's offensive line to take control here.

As predicted, Rita's offensive line took over in the second half. They stopped messing around trying to throw the ball. ND's offensive has had a couple drives end in missed FGs but otherwise absolutely nothing.

Very impressive performance by the SR offensive line tonight. They wore down the ND front 7. Valen Erickson is a very aggressive, physical tackle with impressive skill , technique and size. He was fun to watch. The rest of the line is big and physical too, lots of pulling and trapping.

Look out for DJ Stewart a big hard running back and only a sophomore. When Kaleb Brown comes back this offense is going to be hard to stop.

Defensively it was fun to watch the Kingsbury brothers at LB. They are only juniors and a couple of chips off a legendary SR block, their father Matt Kingsbury.
The highlight of the evening was meeting my guy @RockSoup and his son. Young Rock promised me a return to glory for the Mustang hockey team. I might have to meet Big Rock for a game at Saints Spectrum if it’s still being used. I had to forfeit the 40 yd dash. I could see Rock was far younger and more athletic than me. I’ll get myself in shape and maybe take him on a year from now. Good luck to the Mustangs in the playoffs you’ll have a guy from the NW side cheering for you.

Hit em high Hit em low …. Go Rita Go!! And Go Dons!!

Very impressive performance by the SR offensive line tonight. They wore down the ND front 7. Valen Erickson is a very aggressive, physical tackle with impressive skill , technique and size. He was fun to watch. The rest of the line is big and physical too, lots of pulling and trapping.

Look out for DJ Stewart a big hard running back and only a sophomore. When Kaleb Brown comes back this offense is going to be hard to stop.

Defensively it was fun to watch the Kingsbury brothers at LB. They are only juniors and a couple of chips off a legendary SR block, their father Matt Kingsbury.
The highlight of the evening was meeting my guy @RockSoup and his son. Young Rock promised me a return to glory for the Mustang hockey team. I might have to meet Big Rock for a game at Saints Spectrum if it’s still being used. I had to forfeit the 40 yd dash. I could see Rock was far younger and more athletic than me. I’ll get myself in shape and maybe take him on a year from now. Good luck to the Mustangs in the playoffs you’ll have a guy from the NW side cheering for you.

eireog,

Appreciate the very kind words. PebbleBroth mentioned to me that you were a great guy to hang with. My little cousin is on that Rita hockey team, and yes, they will be back!

The Don will be back! Not sure what is going to come of the conference in the future, but I am loving the newly-formed rivalry between Cascia Don!

Reactions: RockSoup and eireog
I’m hoping The Dons get an invite to the Prep Bowl. The junior and sophomore classes are pretty good so hopefully we can get a couple good years going. The Prep Bowl would provide additional time for those kids to develop. Also love to see the seniors get some more games since they lost so many opportunities over the last 2 years.

As far as the future of the conference is concerned, I’d love to see it stay together. I’ve always wanted to see the Dons compete with the best. If it breaks up, I’d love to see us stay in the Catholic League. I think we fit well there. I know we’d have to step up our game to hang but I think kids will gravitate to the teams that are playing the best competition.

Back on the NW side and Notre Dame just does a great job on a game night. The staff, volunteers couldn’t have been nicer.

Game went the way I thought. Tough NND kids were going to protect their house and battle. Nothing was going to come easy but after halftime and some big drives you could feel the tide turn.

Well geez, let me introduce you to Soph RB DJ Stewart. With KB, K9 and Middleton out, DJ played unbelievable for his first varsity start. Balance, power, size, quick feet, it almost looked like he took it personal if first contact or one tackler took him down.

@eireog and @ESCC fan did a fine job on relating the game so I have the night off but great to meet eireog, and I don’t know if either of us survive the 40 yard dash but I think if you put us together decades ago when I worked more up that way, I bet we’d run those EP haunts Thursday night through Monday morning.

Thank you Dons family for a great atmosphere and you have a fan on the southside no doubt

Put us together decades ago and we’d have been divorced running those haunts. The fickle finger of fate has ways of working out for the best at times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT