ADVERTISEMENT

Naz 39 Marist 29 4th Q ... 3 mins left.... as reported to me

I don’t know if everyone could see it on the stream but if you look closely you can see Tyler Morris’ cape blowing in the wind.

Reactions: eireog
Marist may very well be the best 4-5 team that misses the playoffs (OR if CPS strikes gets in). Heard Jackson got hurt? What happened?

Marist may very well be the best 4-5 team that misses the playoffs (OR if CPS strikes gets in). Heard Jackson got hurt? What happened?
He finished the game, definitely got beat up causing them to bring in backup 4-5 times.

Some what confused with Marist.
Mikesell the early season Co-starter seems to be the guy that gets job done when the game is on the line. He did it against Lake Zurich.

He did again against Fenwick when they were down by 14. Again against Mt.Carmel, when he did not get a series in the game. He came in to punt and threw a dime on a fake punt to shift the field against Mt. Carmel.

Once again last night against Naz, Marist is down 19-14. Mikesell comes off the bench last night and takes them in for a score to put Marist back on top and he does not see the field again until late in the game. At which time he takes them down to score. In between those two series the starter had a fumble and 2 interceptions leading to points for Naz.

I know the sophomore is very talented, just not sure he is ready.

If memory serves me in the state semifinals against Rice last year when Starter got hurt the Mikesell kid came off the bench and was able to take Marist down the field. One of the only times Marist moved the ball on Rice.

I think the kid has done a great job this year for Marist - he had a tough (but not bad) game vs Rice. I think Marist is banking on Jackson for the future - he can run and he has a gun (albeit not very accurate yet). Marist perhaps hoping he doesn't bolt to Thornton next year to play for his old man and since they're most likely not making the playoffs then keeping him happy? Who knows.

So do they start Jackson next week or reward the Senior and let him see if they can spring the upset up at Loyola?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
Anyone there to watch the game? Good crowd? Is Naz the LWE of last year's 8A where we all hand them the cup only to be upset in semis?

Reactions: Gene K.
Anyone there to watch the game? Good crowd? Is Naz the LWE of last year's 8A where we all hand them the cup only to be upset in semis?
Who’s handing Naz anything? They’ve come a long way since week 1 and still have a long way to go. If GBW gets in 7 they are the favorite, followed by Mt Carmel. Naz is probably in the next group with Batavia, Phillips etc.

Reactions: Bowie50 and Gene K.
With a lot of larger schools that typically make the playoffs not making the playoffs (NC, WV, Marist, OPRF, SCN) I think GBW ends up 8A and ESL 6A.

Reactions: brucealmighy
Smallest crowd I've ever seen at Marist. Not even 100 people on the home side.

Really? Are you serious? Was there something else going on? I would think Naz - who Marist has owned in past would have been a decent crowd

Really? Are you serious? Was there something else going on? I would think Naz - who Marist has owned in past would have been a decent crowd
Take out the band and pretty small student section yes. I really couldn't believe it.

Take out the band and pretty small student section yes. I really couldn't believe it.
I think a lot of it had to do with the weather. Extremely small crowds at the Barrington vs Fremd game as well. Almost no student section on either side. It looked like just the football parents in attendance after halftime.

I was at the Marist game and the crowd at KO wasn’t bad. Once that wind kicked in at HT people left in droves. Fourth quarter was an empty house.

I think the kid has done a great job this year for Marist - he had a tough (but not bad) game vs Rice. I think Marist is banking on Jackson for the future - he can run and he has a gun (albeit not very accurate yet). Marist perhaps hoping he doesn't bolt to Thornton next year to play for his old man and since they're most likely not making the playoffs then keeping him happy? Who knows.

So do they start Jackson next week or reward the Senior and let him see if they can spring the upset up at Loyola?
I hear that the sophomore is slated to start again. I know you said that the sophomore is athletic, what is that based off of a freshman season? As if you have seen any of the Marist games the senior looks as athletic and a more polished QB. I also heard that the senior was timed at either Purdue or Toledo in the 4.6 range. That not to shabby for a 6-4 200 lbs kid.
Just seem like the coaching staff put a single player a head of the team’s well being. Very disappointing!!! Especially if you are trying to prevent someone from possibly leaving the program. As there is no doubt he will be a 2 year starter...

I hear that the sophomore is slated to start again. I know you said that the sophomore is athletic, what is that based off of a freshman season? As if you have seen any of the Marist games the senior looks as athletic and a more polished QB. I also heard that the senior was timed at either Purdue or Toledo in the 4.6 range. That not to shabby for a 6-4 200 lbs kid.
Just seem like the coaching staff put a single player a head of the team’s well being. Very disappointing!!! Especially if you are trying to prevent someone from possibly leaving the program. As there is no doubt he will be a 2 year starter...

It will be hard for a kid no longer in the program to start over the Soph.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT