ADVERTISEMENT

My Take: Prairie Ridge ATH Samson Evans to Iowa

He should be a running back...

Respectfully disagree. Iowa's putting him at WR and they know what they are doing. Too small to be an every down RB , and you want him on the field as much as possible. Slot WR is perfect for him.

Respectfully disagree. Iowa's putting him at WR and they know what they are doing. Too small to be an every down RB , and you want him on the field as much as possible. Slot WR is perfect for him.
I guess I am overestimating his size. What is he "actually"?

I met Dwight several times in Iowa City, he was much smaller than me. I am not a large man.

Iowa coaches know what they are doing. His passing game is not on a par with his running game and speed. Deceptively fast and can make the moves to get open. He will be fine at WR.

He is Matt Bowen great high school option QB and identical size who will make an ideal safety in the Big Ten.

Did more in the NFL than Dayne or most of those QBs...

Hell, more in college than most of those QBs, too. Unless you consider 1st team All Big-Ten & 2nd team All-American getting "schooled" by Big Ten QBs.

And my bad, I didn't realize Samson was that big, although I think his listing is a tad generous. But I still bet he's a WR, it looks like a natural position for his skill set and Iowa has a big need there.

Did more in the NFL than Dayne or most of those QBs...

Not really. Both were pretty average as pros but hard to say MB did more. Dayne had 4 seasons of over 600 yards rushing. MB only had over 50 tackles twice.

MB had a fine college career. If SE can match that then he will be a great get for Iowa. I just happened to be in college at the same time as MB and it seemed like once each week he was getting caught looking into the backfield .

http://www.nfl.com/player/mattbowen/2504195/careerstats

http://www.nfl.com/player/rondayne/2504254/careerstats

You say tomato, I say tomato... And Bowen says tomato in a better radio voice.

Safety... Kid is a stud and he will have such great instincts from his QB days.... Perfect size and has the wheels

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT