ADVERTISEMENT

1st round playoff records

USD24

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Joliet
First round playoff records of some of the historically successful programs. I apologize if my numbers are a little off, this was all off the top of my head.

Joliet Catholic 41-2
East St Louis 38-3
Mt Carmel 36-1
Geneseo 32-10
Morris 31-5
Loyola 28-4
Providence 28-10
SHG 27-5
Maine South 27-9
LWE 19-2
Prairie Ridge 15-4

Some pretty impressive first round numbers. Unfortunately, of this group, i think the team with the best chance of not getting out of round one this year is JCA.

You knew all these records off the top of your head?
we're dealing with rain man over here.
Screen+Shot+2022-10-07+at+12.00.20+AM.png

First round playoff records of some of the historically successful programs. I apologize if my numbers are a little off, this was all off the top of my head.

Joliet Catholic 41-2
East St Louis 38-3
Mt Carmel 36-1
Geneseo 32-10
Morris 31-5
Loyola 28-4
Providence 28-10
SHG 27-5
Maine South 27-9
LWE 19-2
Prairie Ridge 15-4

Some pretty impressive first round numbers. Unfortunately, of this group, i think the team with the best chance of not getting out of round one this year is JCA.
Good info. I would say Geneseo will be the biggest underdog of the group taking on IC. But there is no doubt JC is going into a game that is a coin flip at best for them. And they can't let it turn into a shootout with a team that seemingly only plays in shootouts.....

Reactions: rjjtwest and USD24
WWS has pretty solid record in the 1st round but I don't see them winning this year, they are 24-4

Reactions: USD24
I gotta say I’m kinda surprised that MS and PC have that many first round losses. They both seem to be teams that have gone deep into the playoffs as far back as I can remember. BTW, my memory goes back quite a way.

I gotta say I’m kinda surprised that MS and PC have that many first round losses. They both seem to be teams that have gone deep into the playoffs as far back as I can remember. BTW, my memory goes back quite a way.
6 of PC's 1st round outs came before their first title in 1987. And they've had only 4 in the 36 years hence.

Argo had -43 yards of offense vs Normal.I can't defend Argo on that.Extremely disappointing.Not the records you guys are talking about but is this a playoff record?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT