ADVERTISEMENT

MS/Loyola

Parts of Harwood Heights (along with parts of Niles, Norridge, and Norwood Park Township) are in district for Maine South. http://south.maine207.org/about/

My rancor comes from the fact that I grew up in Park Ridge and graduated from Maine East in '81 back when there were still two PR high schools, and those non contiguous areas were NOT part of the district back then...that's all I'm saying. Geez, one of those areas in literally 3-4 blocks north of Ridgewood.

Additionally, I agree with Quags that if Oles was healthy, Palatine would have beaten either of those teams last night:
Dick Quagliano‏@Quags57
After watching Maine South and Loyola I am totally convinced that if Oles is healthy @PHS_Football wins a state title.

Last edited:
Doesn't mean anything to anyone. It's just the end of the season and there will be 50 private/public debates and another 100 threads started another topic that then morph into a private/public debate.

The great programs do what they have to do to be great. Both sides are handcuffed by those pesky things like rules but I laugh at the false naïveté and victim playing both sides play in this tired debate.
MS will never be a victim!
In the big scheme of things I like to needle the private guys over their whining.. but as Newt and quite a few others say:
"You wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best"

Safe to say we accomplished the same last night.

GO HAWKS!!!

Reactions: RockSoup
MS will never be a victim!
In the big scheme of things I like to needle the private guys over their whining.. but as Newt and quite a few others say:
"You wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best"

Safe to say we accomplished the same last night.

GO HAWKS!!!

Amen little man!

My rancor comes from the fact that I grew up in Park Ridge and graduated from Maine East in '81 back when there were still two PR high schools, and those non contiguous areas were NOT part of the district back then...that's all I'm saying. Geez, one of those areas in literally 3-4 blocks north of Ridgewood.

Additionally, I agree with Quags that if Oles was healthy, Palatine would have beaten either of those teams last night:
Dick Quagliano‏@Quags57
After watching Maine South and Loyola I am totally convinced that if Oles is healthy @PHS_Football wins a state title.
What if never brought home hardware mr bitter.

Anyone see that the media in the press conference was asking the LA kids to state what town they were from? Seemed like they were trying to prove a point. Don't recall that being asked to any team before. Lyons Township has kids from like 8 towns

The IHSA knows exactly where each and every kid on the roster is from. Pulling that stunt - or letting that stunt be pulled under their watch - is really telling about the IHSA.

Reactions: Quags57
Reactions: ignazio
Anyone see that the media in the press conference was asking the LA kids to state what town they were from? Seemed like they were trying to prove a point. Don't recall that being asked to any team before. Lyons Township has kids from like 8 towns
Are suggesting Lyons recruits??
First time I heard that?
What 8 towns?

Actually 10 towns
Lagrange, lagrange park, western springs, countryside, highlands, indian head park, brookfield, mccook, hodgkins , burr ridge
Also a part of unincorporated Cook County which is LaGrange Highlands and the Pleasantdale area.
Not that big a surprise considering the school topped out over 5,200 students at one point in time.

Are suggesting Lyons recruits??
First time I heard that?
What 8 towns?
Not suggesting that they recruit at all. I was trying to point out that no other group of players have been asked to state where they live. There are tons of public schools that have kids from multiple towns. Glenbard West serves Glen Ellyn, Glendale Heights and some slivers of Wheaton but no one asked them last year to say where they were from.

Like Godfthr said LT gets kids from 10 towns. Hopefully the next time that school or another public places at state the media will ask where they live so their hometown can get a shoutout. I am sure that's all the media wanted.

LT also lose kids to about as many private schools so their "recruiting" must not be good.

Auditioning for the part of Yoda in the next Star Wars movie?
Awe... BMW

What if, I bet, I wonder.

Oh well, you can go back to protesting the election instead of posting here.

Good luck with your participation ribbon

Awe... BMW

What if, I bet, I wonder.

Oh well, you can go back to protesting the election instead of posting here.

Good luck with your participation ribbon
Effort that is excellent, yours was not.
Assumptions by you, wrong they are.
Letters transposed, BWM they were.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Sweeney got hurt in the New Trier East game in 1978. Ankle. We lost.

Those were the glory days of DHS football. The whole town came out on Saturdays to support the Warriors.

Dick Quagliano‏@Quags57
If the queen had balls....

Reactions: PRokie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT