ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State got a good one!!

630Villain

Aug 1, 2019
A Spartan, stays a Spartan! Alessio Milivojevic commits to Michigan State!. Huge get for the Spartans and new staff up in Lansing landing the top QB prospect in IL by a wide margin...I will say I'm surprised that Illinois and Northwestern didn't make more of a push to land an in-state kid like Alessio with the ability and arm talent he has.. But very happen for the young man on taking his talents to East Lansing. Great player, and an even better young man!

Love seeing this, as well as Boe to NW.

As far as NW and ILL not interested, could just be timing. I think most schools did not have Milivojevic as a B1G QB prior to the season, which is probably fair opinion at the time. ILL seems to be content with the transfer QB route, and they signed a HS QB from Mississippi in May, so using another scholarship on a QB just doesn’t make sense to them. NW could be any reason but they also are so strict with academic admissions. Seems they found their guy in Boe.

I think that Illinois had a lot of talent at QB this year and for the most part it was overlooked… until after the season

Boe - phenomenal, he just needs a QB specific coach to tighten his game

Alessio - it seemed that very few were interested at all… until recently

Popps - lacks arm strength, but can carry a solid D2 program

Tischer - absolute captain on and off the field - arm strength issues - any interest at all???

Keep in mind that’s off the top of my head and I am half a sleep

There are several others that just didn’t get any looks

Also people seem to forget that in 99 percent of the time schools have offered and locked in commitment from QB's as early as 8th grade in a handful of cases.....the process gets earlier and earlier especially at the QB position. What is the most encouraging is that for once in some time a senior season made an impact

I think that Illinois had a lot of talent at QB this year and for the most part it was overlooked… until after the season

Boe - phenomenal, he just needs a QB specific coach to tighten his game

Alessio - it seemed that very few were interested at all… until recently

Popps - lacks arm strength, but can carry a solid D2 program

Tischer - absolute captain on and off the field - arm strength issues - any interest at all???
I would agree that it was a talented group but also think their senior seasons really helped them out. The situation for Alessio at Michigan State can be a perfect situation, same with Boe at NW. New Staffs, they think they got their guys, they're going to do everything they can to further develop these guys and give them every opportunity to be successful. I do think the assessment of Boe is off, I have followed Batavia since the inception of the Dukane. The Qbs that came before him were all excellent QBs who had the skills to complement the run-heavy offense. Boe has been their guy for three years. This years offense looked different than the previous two years, the emphasis was put on the passing game. That shift has to be attributed to his development as a player.

“Assessment of Boe is off”

Can you expand on this?

I only saw him play a few times and was impressed on his ball placement

Granted, he never won a state title, but he checks a lot of boxes

I guess maybe what I should have said is he seemed to progress appropriately with the skill set over the years with the coaching he received. I think the comment you made about working with a QB specific coach can be made about any high school kid going to college regardless of position.

Reactions: MMA_Det
I guess maybe what I should have said is he seemed to progress appropriately with the skill set over the years with the coaching he received. I think the comment you made about working with a QB specific coach can be made about any high school kid going to college regardless of position.
100%
College and the attention these kids will receive as compared to what they have access to is night and day.

Boe, IMO came across as a leader on the field and some of the “passing windows” that he would consistently connect with… told me that he had some legs

very true. In the transfer portal era lots of schools would rather grab a 20-21 year old who's been in a college system for a few years than a kid fresh out of highschool... but agreed, Alessio's senior season drove his stock way up. Kid put up video game numbers every week. But his first 2 Power5 offers were from Nebraska and Ole Miss going into his Junior year which a lot of people forget. But with staff turnover I'm not sure how those 2 panned out.

A Spartan, stays a Spartan! Alessio Milivojevic commits to Michigan State!. Huge get for the Spartans and new staff up in Lansing landing the top QB prospect in IL by a wide margin...I will say I'm surprised that Illinois and Northwestern didn't make more of a push to land an in-state kid like Alessio with the ability and arm talent he has.. But very happen for the young man on taking his talents to East Lansing. Great player, and an even better young man!
The Illini signed the Mississippi 7a player of the year QB Trey Petty. Also, first team all state QB regardless of class.

100%
College and the attention these kids will receive as compared to what they have access to is night and day.

Boe, IMO came across as a leader on the field and some of the “passing windows” that he would consistently connect with… told me that he had some legs
The unfortunate truth is QBs are not really developed in college D1 power 5 teams. They show up and are ready to go or have to develop themselves. QB coaches at this level are game scheming or recruiting. You’re welcome to disagree but these are facts I’ve heard over and over again from those position coaches. I also wish all these players the best success they can achieve and will remind them to get that free education because that will pay dividends over and over and over again!

It’s actually pretty simple to understand about football players. In high school you get what you get in you area then you pick your starters.. College you recruit the best players you can and try to develop them to be better and win for your team. Pros you draft college players and you pay them. Hopefully they can continue to develop and grow. Every level it gets harder. At the pro level everyone is the best at what they do. I mean everyone. Bigger, faster and smarter! You are going to have a hard time finding any college player ready to play as a rookie in the pros. If you do they are considered a freak! That’s why so few are ready and a lot fail. QBs are put at a higher standard than any other position and it’s sink or swim. You’re lucky if you find one that can play at the pro level.

The unfortunate truth is QBs are not really developed in college D1 power 5 teams. They show up and are ready to go or have to develop themselves. QB coaches at this level are game scheming or recruiting. You’re welcome to disagree but these are facts I’ve heard over and over again from those position coaches. I also wish all these players the best success they can achieve and will remind them to get that free education because that will pay dividends over and over and over again!

They are taught plays, they aren’t taught how to play qb. Qb development is nonexistent now

Appears to be the 1st year of 7 classes

I found 3 Catholic HS' in their 3A, probably no multiplier, but did not see any "Academy"'s

I found 3 Catholic HS' in their 3A, probably no multiplier, but did not see any "Academy"'s
Having 3 Catholic High Schools in Mississippi is a lot.

Reactions: USD24
Having 3 Catholic High Schools in Mississippi is a lot.
St Stanislaus is a nod to the Poles that worked in the shipyards in Biloxi and Pascagoula and there's stray Cajuns, one of which used to torment the Bears.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT