ADVERTISEMENT

MC @ SCN 7A Semi-Final

Ask around on the O-Line coach. He has coached for Pearlman, Stortz, and Profitt. If you are around this area you know who he is.

I’m an MSL guy I have no dog in the fight. I agree MC is the favorite but SCN is a good talented team

Ask around on the O-Line coach. He has coached for Pearlman, Stortz, and Profitt. If you are around this area you know who he is.

I’m an MSL guy I have no dog in the fight. I agree MC is the favorite but SCN is a good talented team
I don't have a dog in the fight either, I am just saying I just hear so many opinions on those kind of statements, so I guess I just struggle seeing those. I do believe all these guys that get this praise are great coaches, but to say any one of them is the best just doesn't sit right with me. Anyways I will drop it. Just wanted to hear where you got your opinion from and I respect it, I just don't like giving out that title I guess.

3 of those lineman play both ways and they are big, but speed kills and SCN D-line
has a very athletic D-Line. If SCN can't stop the run, then they will get beat.

SCN staff is loaded with good coaches.

1. DC was Maine South for years won many titles.
2. OC was at Loyola and Palatine
3. O-Line was at Prospect when they beat MC in 2005 (is considered the best O-Line coach in the North West Suburbs)
4. D-Line coach was at Driscoll
5. DB Coach was a DC at Meadows and Conant, plus was the OC at LZ

The head coach has done a great job building this program.
Speed does kill. And yes the big boys do wear down, but after a few quarters of getting hit and landed on by 290 pounds, it begins to hurt the faster linemen

3 of those lineman play both ways and they are big, but speed kills and SCN D-line
has a very athletic D-Line. If SCN can't stop the run, then they will get beat.

SCN staff is loaded with good coaches.

1. DC was Maine South for years won many titles.
2. OC was at Loyola and Palatine
3. O-Line was at Prospect when they beat MC in 2005 (is considered the best O-Line coach in the North West Suburbs)
4. D-Line coach was at Driscoll
5. DB Coach was a DC at Meadows and Conant, plus was the OC at LZ

The head coach has done a great job building this program.
Who’s the OC from LA?

For those of you who have never been to SCN, you have 4 options when it comes to parking. (1) The main lot in front of the school.. (2) limited spaces around the east side of.. and south of.. the building near the baseball field.. (3) an overflow lot at the NW corner of IL-31 & Red Gate.. (4) and the neighborhood streets north of the campus. See you there.. I'll be the dude wearing the Rockies ballcap and mostly likely be situated on the MC side.

Final 27-21. North.

Credit to the stars. MC more talented, but SCN avoided big mistakes (and some questionable H2 calls to win). MC defensive impressive but really had no offensive identity.

No I have not scene SCN play. It just seems to me that in the far western burbs, the “everyone gets a trophy” mentality pervades. And last I checked, that doesn’t fly in the IHSA semi-finals. I’m interested to see how good Tyler Nubin is. Being compared to Boykin and Smalling is no small praise!
I think the Caravan should get a participation trophy for their nice effort today against the Far West Suburban softies.

Great game SCN, defense was legit! Nubin is an animal! Wish MC won, but both teams played hard and were outsanding I thought. MC made too many mistakes, and teams like SCN don't let you get away with it.

Congrats to coach Lynch too. Couldn't be happier he is our coach going forward! Don't think we would have been in this game without his change in offense.

Correct me if I'm wrong but.. it looked like MC won the OT coin toss and decided to play defense first. After Odeluga scores on their first play in OT to narrow the SCN lead to 1.. they send Patino out to kick the extra point to tie it at 21 instead of going for the win? Wait.. what? Am I missing something here?

Reactions: sivada2001
Correct me if I'm wrong but.. it looked like MC won the OT coin toss and decided to play defense first. After Odeluga scores on their first play in OT to narrow the SCN lead to 1.. they send Patino out to kick the extra point to tie it at 21 instead of going for the win? Wait.. what? Am I missing something here?

Yes you are correct. And the XP was good by about a foot.

Then MC got the ball back first in round 2. Fumbled on 2nd down (i think). Stars get the ball back and thats game.

Reactions: Valley Rat
Yes you are correct. And the XP was good by about a foot.

Then MC got the ball back first in round 2. Fumbled on 2nd down (i think). Stars get the ball back and thats game.
Yes, the fumble came on second down from the 7 and happened right in front of me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT