ADVERTISEMENT

Barrington at LW East

Illgold22

Sep 5, 2005
So who’s got some info on how this game will play out? Any chance of the upset? How will Barrington travel down to the south burbs?

Helicopter for most of us but in all seriousness I think Barrington will travel very well and the stands will be near full even with LWE large stands. I have no idea how it will play out but LWE will not be extending their shutout streak that I know for sure. What is the story with LWE's offense? We all know their defense is ridiculous, how is the offense?

LWE ave 35 pts per game and "never runs" the score up. When the game is in hand they run dives grind clock and take knees. So Barrington is 37 pts average and have had some shootouts that needed more points. No too far apart.

Reactions: alpha08
I predicted a 21-0 LWE shutout this past week, I predict no shutout this week, but a win. Say 35-14 LWE.

Well Bwm57 there is a Lincoln East also along I80 West….in Nebraska. That would be a gps blunder for the ages.
WIU78
Some of these guys on here are making some bold predictions for LWE.Honestly after watching the Barrington/Maine South game I would be happy with a win. Barrington offense looks really good. East defense will need to bring it. Don’t get me wrong I know East will be ready for the challenge. This match up is interesting because of Barrington offense looks that good. That said I think East offense will get going against the Barrington defense. What’s your thoughts on the game.
Go East!

WIU78
Some of these guys on here are making some bold predictions for LWE.Honestly after watching the Barrington/Maine South game I would be happy with a win. Barrington offense looks really good. East defense will need to bring it. Don’t get me wrong I know East will be ready for the challenge. This match up is interesting because of Barrington offense looks that good. That said I think East offense will get going against the Barrington defense. What’s your thoughts on the game.
Go East!
I think Barrington's offense will score their points on LWE defense. That is not to say it will look anything like last week against Maine South. I mean Barrington QB is not going to throw for 500 yards and 5 touchdowns on that defense. But I think they can score 21, possibly 28 if a few turnovers are involved. The story here is not Barringtons offensive performance, it is whether or not Barrington D can keep LWE offense under 21 points. I think Barrington's best chance is to get up early and take LWE ball control offense out of their comfort zone. Then hopefully force some turnovers as their secondary has a lot of ballhawks. Plus they have the state leader in sacks with 16.

I am not going to pretend like Barrington will light up the scoreboard. I mean how can I say that based on what we have seen from Easts defense. But if the offense can score 3 touchdowns and get LWE out of rhythm on offense they will have a chance. If LWE offense puts up a lot of points Barrington can forget about winning. I just hope Barrington can play them tight and earn some respect state wide, then maybe have some bounces go their way and have a chance at the end. LWE will have to defend the whole field as Barrington has a 1500 yard back, 700 yard back and 3 legit deep threat wideouts. If LWE shuts them down entirely, I will be the first to tip my cap. I really have no idea what will happen and the only thing that would surprise me is a Barrington blowout. Predictions:

My heart: 27-24 Broncos
My head: 31-21 LWE.

Last edited:
I think Barrington's offense will score their points on LWE defense. That is not to say it will look anything like last week against Maine South. I mean Barrington QB is not going to throw for 500 yards and 5 touchdowns on that defense. But I think they can score 21, possibly 28 if a few turnovers are involved. The story here is not Barringtons offensive performance, it is whether or not Barrington D can keep LWE offense under 21 points. I think Barrington's best chance is to get up early and take LWE ball control offense out of their comfort zone. Then hopefully force some turnovers as their secondary has a lot of ballhawks. Plus they have the state leader in sacks with 16.

I am not going to pretend like Barrington will light up the scoreboard. I mean how can I say that based on what we have seen from Easts defense. But if the offense can score 3 touchdowns and get LWE out of rhythm on offense they will have a chance. If LWE offense puts up a lot of points Barrington can forget about winning. I just hope Barrington can play them tight and earn some respect state wide, then maybe have some bounces go their way and have a chance at the end. LWE will have to defend the whole field as Barrington has a 1300 yard back, 700 yard back and 3 legit deep threat wideouts. If LWE shuts them down entirely, I will be the first to tip my cap. I really have no idea what will happen and the only thing that would surprise me is a Barrington blowout. Predictions:

My heart: 27-24 Broncos
My head: 31-21 LWE.
A lot of good stuff in your post. I said it before, it should be a great game. The only thing I will add is East has played on the big stage. They have experienced big games. The coaching staff will have East ready. I think MS was a huge win for Barrington at home, now they are going against a power team in East in their home. This will be another huge game for the Broncos.

24-0 Beast
This is the most telling prediction in this thread and likely the most meaningful. I was going to respond that Barrington may score, but it will be in garbage time. If however, the score is as predicted above, bringing in the backups might not be possible and the shutout is preserved.

This is the most telling prediction in this thread and likely the most meaningful. I was going to respond that Barrington may score, but it will be in garbage time. If however, the score is as predicted above, bringing in the backups might not be possible and the shutout is preserved.
Jwar
Normally I would be with you but after seeing them play MS it makes me pause. That said MS4EVER is the one who gave the prediction of a shut out so maybe there’s an underlying message there?

Thanks MS4EVER as always. How many sacks did / could you take scoring 40 against Barrington? It sounds like LWE would be playing MS in different uniforms with the yardage they must have racked up.

Jwar
Normally I would be with you but after seeing them play MS it makes me pause. That said MS4EVER is the one who gave the prediction of a shut out so maybe there’s an underlying message there?
Corey, We don’t oft agree, but re @MS4EVER we certainly do. He sees this from a coaches point of view, and I think I saw some writings re the MS/Barrington game that support his conclusion about this weeks contest!

Reactions: corey90
to-the-legendary-man-who-scored-4-touchdowns-in-1-game-v0-8ni64kda5xnb1.jpg
Is the Barrington QB an all-stater similar to Batavia QB1?

A lot of good stuff in your post. I said it before, it should be a great game. The only thing I will add is East has played on the big stage. They have experienced big games. The coaching staff will have East ready. I think MS was a huge win for Barrington at home, now they are going against a power team in East in their home. This will be another huge game for the Broncos.
Yes LWE experience factor will be big. Barrington does have Bryan Stortz as their OC who has been in a lot of deep playoff games.

Like most East games, it’s a slow start 1st Q, adjustments are made, and then East settles in and wins. This East team is hungry and will not be stopped. I think they keep their shut out streak. 27-0 East.

I think this comes down to whether or not Barrington can stop the running game for East. At times Warren did but not often enough.

Secondly, turnovers. Warren turned it over 3 times on East’s side of the field, twice inside the 10. Taking care of the ball is rule No 1 for Barrington.

I don’t think there will be any kind of intimidation factor. A number of coaches on the Barrington sidelines have been in big games including title games.

Still think East wins but wouldn’t surprise me if Barrington was able to move the ball. Their passing game is as good as any East has faced and the East defense is the best Barrington has faced.

I think this comes down to whether or not Barrington can stop the running game for East. At times Warren did but not often enough.

Secondly, turnovers. Warren turned it over 3 times on East’s side of the field, twice inside the 10. Taking care of the ball is rule No 1 for Barrington.

I don’t think there will be any kind of intimidation factor. A number of coaches on the Barrington sidelines have been in big games including title games.

Still think East wins but wouldn’t surprise me if Barrington was able to move the ball. Their passing game is as good as any East has faced and the East defense is the best Barrington has faced.
I think Barrington's only hope will be to come out passing like Warren did. Warren knew they couldn't run on East and once some adjustments were made by East, Warren had a hard time moving the ball when throwing. East will be ready to defend their pass game. I think they learned their lesson last week when Warren came out in empty sets on offense. East's run defense is too good.

Looking at history Barrington has never played in a title game in 99 years …since 1925. History could be made. Lincoln-Way East opened in 2001 and has played in 5. Quite a contrast of teams…which means nothing at all. Absolutely nothing.

Reactions: CGsupporter
Looking at history Barrington has never played in a title game in 99 years …since 1925. History could be made. Lincoln-Way East opened in 2001 and has played in 5. Quite a contrast of teams…which means nothing at all. Absolutely nothing.
Not true. They went in 1998, coincidentally, the last time the title game was in Normal. LWE may win, but I will drink all of your beer in Frankfort before the game. So either way I win. If any East fans are at Buffalo Wild Wings before the game, look for the big guy and I'll buy you a beer.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bwm57 and gobears25
I think Barrington's only hope will be to come out passing like Warren did. Warren knew they couldn't run on East and once some adjustments were made by East, Warren had a hard time moving the ball when throwing. East will be ready to defend their pass game. I think they learned their lesson last week when Warren came out in empty sets on offense. East's run defense is too good.
No question east run defense is fantastic. Barrington does have a 1500 yard back and a 700 yard back (might be 600 I don't know how many he has had in the playoffs). Maine South did a great job run fitting and taking away the run, but Inserra said himself they focused so much on stopping Barrington's running game they couldn't defend them deep, which led to 500 passing yards and 5 passing touchdowns. Can East defend both at the same time? They will do it better than anyone possibly can I know that, but hoping Barrington can score 21 or so and play good enough defense to keep it close and have a chance at the end. Barrington has always had the talent, but has had trouble making it this deep into the playoffs. They have made the quarters though 7 times in the past 15-20 years. I don't think it is a fluke that the first year they have one of the best offensive coaches in the state, Bryan Stortz, they are making a run.

No question east run defense is fantastic. Barrington does have a 1500 yard back and a 700 yard back (might be 600 I don't know how many he has had in the playoffs). Maine South did a great job run fitting and taking away the run, but Inserra said himself they focused so much on stopping Barrington's running game they couldn't defend them deep, which led to 500 passing yards and 5 passing touchdowns. Can East defend both at the same time? They will do it better than anyone possibly can I know that, but hoping Barrington can score 21 or so and play good enough defense to keep it close and have a chance at the end. Barrington has always had the talent, but has had trouble making it this deep into the playoffs. They have made the quarters though 7 times in the past 15-20 years. I don't think it is a fluke that the first year they have one of the best offensive coaches in the state, Bryan Stortz, they are making a run.
Warren had two 1k backs. Only rushed for around 60 yards and half of the yards were from WR jets. Gonna have to pass a lot.

Reactions: Irishfan90
Warren had two 1k backs. Only rushed for around 60 yards and half of the yards were from WR jets. Gonna have to pass a lot.
Warren doesn't know how to throw the ball. Broncos QB has 35 TD passes to 3 picks and 2800 yards. You can't compare Warren to Barrington. Easier to stop the run when Warrens passing game is inept. That being said I think LWE will shut down the run. I don't see how I can credibly predict anything else based on what we have seen. But Barrington's offense is far more well rounded than Warren's.

Reactions: CGsupporter
Not true. They went in 1998, coincidentally, the last time the title game was in Normal. LWE may win, but I will drink all of your beer in Frankfort before the game. So either way I win. If any East fans are at Buffalo Wild Wings before the game, look for the big guy and I'll buy you a beer.
Sorry I missed the 2nd place finish to WWSouth. 1998 was before L-W East began operations in 2001. L-W Centrals younger brother😀

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT