ADVERTISEMENT

MC @ SCN 7A Semi-Final

Fbfan14

Oct 26, 2016
Any info on the Caravan this year? Haven't gotten to see much outside of the livestream of the ESL game. How does SCN stack up against MC?

Any MC folks know the status of Kyle Davis and Liam McDonagh?
I’m thinking doubtful but with the way this new offense rotates players it won’t effect them. Would be nice to have both but won’t be critical to there success

What’s the status of Tyler Nubin? I’m assuming he plays despite injuries to his shoulder

The fact that SCN is in the semifinals is already a huge victory for this team so no one west of the Fox river and north of Rt 64 can complain about this season. They lost their starting QB at the beginning of the year and successfully plugged in his younger brother who has shown great composure for a young kid. They have an underestimated defense and an above average offense that is a good mix of run and pass. Despite the knocks some have had on the coach for his post season twitter feed, he seems to be calling the right plays at the right times and has his kids prepared to play. Every time I count SCN out, they deliver another W.

They lost 3 games
The first they were winning at Bolingbrook 24-10 going to 4th quarter eventually losing 34-24
8th game Batavia the second loss they were winning 17-7 at the half were winning 24-21 with less than 2 minutes left in game and lost 27-24
9th game WWS 3rd loss winning 11-10 and lost with 12 seconds 13 11

They're gonna crush Mount Carmel
51r%2BHMAGbtL._SY879_.jpg

SCN has a great set of athletes on the perimeter and their spread attack is tough to stop. WR/CB/Wildcat QB Minnesota commit Tyler Nubin is a freak athlete and is still underrated and Pomazak truly believes he is the best player in the state. They have another WR with FCS offers as well and their soph running back is committed to Notre Dame for baseball. They also have an interior lineman with FCS offense and an underrated defense. I would have to say MC is the favorite, but no one playing SCN especially @ SCN should feel too comfortable. SCN had the batavia game taken away by a pass interference call with less than 10 seconds left which cost them the game. This team really can hang with anyone.

SCN has a great set of athletes on the perimeter and their spread attack is tough to stop. WR/CB/Wildcat QB Minnesota commit Tyler Nubin is a freak athlete and is still underrated and Pomazak truly believes he is the best player in the state. They have another WR with FCS offers as well and their soph running back is committed to Notre Dame for baseball. They also have an interior lineman with FCS offense and an underrated defense. I would have to say MC is the favorite, but no one playing SCN especially @ SCN should feel too comfortable. SCN had the batavia game taken away by a pass interference call with less than 10 seconds left which cost them the game. This team really can hang with anyone.
Nubin is not underrated..

The pass interference call you referred too was correct, watch the film. Also, that was probably the second penalty called on STN the entire game, the officiating was completely one sided. There were at least 5 face mask calls not made that game..

With all that being said, I'm rooting for STN and hope they win..

They lost 3 games
The first they were winning at Bolingbrook 24-10 going to 4th quarter eventually losing 34-24
8th game Batavia the second loss they were winning 17-7 at the half were winning 24-21 with less than 2 minutes left in game and lost 27-24
9th game WWS 3rd loss winning 11-10 and lost with 12 seconds 13 11

So does this mean they are a bad 4th quarter team?

The pass interference call you referred too was correct, watch the film. Also, that was probably the second penalty called on STN the entire game, the officiating was completely one sided. There were at least 5 face mask calls not made that game..

There definitely were some missed calls in that game no doubt, as an SCN fan I may just be a little bias! Im rooting for Batavia as well, a Dukane rematch at state would be quite an opening year for the conference.

Before the MC and NAZ fans have a seizure, let me be clear...I'm not saying this is going to happen. Now with that disclaimer out of the way, I think at would be outstanding to have an all Dukane 7a championship game in the conference's first year.

There definitely were some missed calls in that game no doubt, as an SCN fan I may just be a little bias! Im rooting for Batavia as well, a Dukane rematch at state would be quite an opening year for the conference.
Wouldn't it be awesome, it will be tough, Carmel and Naz are very strong.. It would be very cool for the DuKane too and wake some folks up that there is football west of 59..

Before the MC and NAZ fans have a seizure, let me be clear...I'm not saying this is going to happen. Now with that disclaimer out of the way, I think at would be outstanding to have an all Dukane 7a championship game in the conference's first year.
I would have to say both Dukane teams seem like underdogs in their matchups, but with the success of WWS, SCN, and Batavia this year, this conference really has made a name for itself.

Is MC more run or pass oriented this season, I know they've gone away from the power run game of the past since the coaching change. Do they have a more balanced attack under Jordan Lynch?

Does that mean they can recruit anywhere they want and give scholarships that were meant for kids who are actually catholic and are strong academically? STN will win state every year then..

What would be the Catholic school option(s) for St. Charles North kids?

Last edited:
Is MC more run or pass oriented this season, I know they've gone away from the power run game of the past since the coaching change. Do they have a more balanced attack under Jordan Lynch?
Single backfield for MC is fun to see!

Just wanted to beat Cross Bones before he said it and the whole Catholic school thing is kind of tiresome..
Nope. I have Naz v Mt. Carmel for the 7A 'ship. Don't know who to pick in that one yet. It'll be a good one.

Nubin is definitely a game breaker and X factor

Reactions: Fbfan14
Watch NIU highlights from when Jordan was there if you want to see their offense

Nope. I have Naz v Mt. Carmel for the 7A 'ship. Don't know who to pick in that one yet. It'll be a good one.

Nubin is definitely a game breaker and X factor
Nubin really is special, but I just dont quite know if there is enough around him to beat a team like MC...

Nubin really is special, but I just dont quite know if there is enough around him to beat a team like MC...
They only have to be better for 48 mins. It would definitely be a huge upset, but there have been bigger upsets.

When your own is no good jump the bandwagon.. that's cool..
I like SCN wasn't on any bandwagons though. Don't see why everyone was hating in the DuKane thread. Carmel is gonna be tough though. Probably better than us at every position except one RB and one CB.

I like SCN wasn't on any bandwagons though. Don't see why everyone was hating in the DuKane thread. Carmel is gonna be tough though. Probably better than us at every position except one RB and one CB.
Alec Kritta is another SCN WR who often gets overlooked because of the star power of Nubin. He has over 900 receiving yards and 12 TD's on the year as the offenses #2 WR.. I dont know much about the MC secondary, but If the SCN line can give the QB some time SCN can move the ball through the air. I still dont know a whole lot about MC but from what I hear and see from their schedule, SCN is really going to have to play their best game.

Where the hell is Mooseheart? Is that a real place? Wasn’t that the name of the town in the movie where Gene Hackman was an ex president running for mayor of Mooseheart?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT