ADVERTISEMENT

MC @ SCN 7A Semi-Final

That was Mooseport not to be confused with Mooseheart the school for orphans that Batavia steals kids from.

Holy crap I just googled it. The unincorporated area is run by the Loyal Order of Moose? And it’s a city for children? This seems too weird to be true.

Anyways,...How are the taxes out there? Do the Moose do a better job of running things than the Illinois politicians?

Where the hell is Mooseheart? Is that a real place? Wasn’t that the name of the town in the movie where Gene Hackman was an ex president running for mayor of Mooseheart?
1 1/2 miles S-SW of Batavia, it's real. About 1 mile north of 88 tollway (North Aurora)

I would say most common are Marmion academy and St. Francis (Wheaton)

For folks on the north west side of st. charles and south elgin (where the district is), St. Eds would be the closest catholic option by far. Some girls will go to Rosary in Aurora. Very few go to Marmion.

1 1/2 miles S-SW of Batavia, it's real. About 1 mile north of 88 tollway (North Aurora)

The hackman movie (actually is last movie) was welcome to Mooseport.

Mooseheart is a residential school for kids in need. Run by a charity, it is generally for orphans or for kids whose own living environment is not safe. Lots of great stories here.

Reactions: Gene K.
Mooseheart is a residential school for kids in need. Run by a charity, it is generally for orphans or for kids whose own living environment is not safe. Lots of great stories here.
Run by the Loyal Order of Moose :eek:

My wife's father lived at mooseheart as a youth. Her farther lived in reading pa with the rest of his family. His father returned from world war 2 and their home caught on fire burning down. His mother was killed in the fire. The farther decided that he couldn't raise the family of 5 boys on his own, so they separated the family and my wife's father was sent to mooseheart. Where he lived and grew up. He eventually met a woman from elgin( my mother in law).

Holy crap I just googled it. The unincorporated area is run by the Loyal Order of Moose? And it’s a city for children? This seems too weird to be true.

Anyways,...How are the taxes out there? Do the Moose do a better job of running things than the Illinois politicians?

Could they do any worse?

Reactions: Fbfan14
I like SCN wasn't on any bandwagons though. Don't see why everyone was hating in the DuKane thread. Carmel is gonna be tough though. Probably better than us at every position except one RB and one CB.

Did you say better than “us”? I thought you were a Bolingbrook guy.

Should be a good game StN is isn’t great at anything but is good at everything, if Nubin makes a few plays they are really tough to beat. They have good size and match up well with MC I think this will be a low scoring game like 14-10 but I’m not sure who to pick?

Did you say better than “us”? I thought you were a Bolingbrook guy.
Yes, better than Bolingbrook at every position except one RB, one CB, and maybe a couple OL that I forgot about. So, this game will be an upgrade in opponent from SCN's widest margin of loss this season.

I’ve learned more about Mooseheart then I have about SCN

A few things about SCN, though I think the comment that they do everything good, but nothing great is pretty accurate.

- On offense, they are a pretty standard RPO team but have lately been adding some wishbone/wildcat with Tyler Nubin.

- Player to watch (and probably most underrated on the field) is WR Alex Kritta. Best player nobody know about. Legit Power 5 talent and the best body control I can remember at this level.

- Defense has decent size on the size and flies to the ball. Can get a bit overaggressive at times and known for getting a few too many aggressive penalties.

- Have lots of experience playing a double wing or veer style having played SCE every year and understand responsibility football

- For the last few years, SCN's challenge has been the ill timed penalty, turnover or mental error. They are talented enough to beat anyone. Last week, they beat Batavia in the last game of the regular season and really overplayed them before Batavia ran the table to the title.

Being quite the bias fan i'm going to go with SCN 28-24 upset at home... hope i'm right!

Being a biased fan myself....I'm going with MC by 14. Looking forward to a good game!
How does MC match up with SCN on the perimeter? I don't know much about the Caravan skill position players... seems as if a Nubin/Lenti matchup is gunna be fun to watch all game on both sides of the ball....

How does MC match up with SCN on the perimeter? I don't know much about the Caravan skill position players... seems as if a Nubin/Lenti matchup is gunna be fun to watch all game on both sides of the ball....
I don't know enough about SCN to analyze, but Nubin is a stud and should give MC's defense a test. That said, MC is averaging ~8 points allowed per game, and that is with playing the high powered offense of ESL and playing MS and LA. MC's defense is skilled and disciplined in every area.

I love a battle like this!

Last edited:
I don't know enough about SCN to analyze, but Nubin is a stud and should give MC's defense a test. That said, MC is averaging ~8 points allowed per game, and that is with playing the high powered offesnse of ESL and playing MS and LA. MC's defense is skilled and disciplined in every area.

Damn bro, you're going to make SCN fans drop a small pooplet with all that historical data.

All kidding aside, for the first time this year I'm actually hoping SCN finds a way to win so we have a shot at the all Dukane championship game in the conference's first year. Absolutely nothing against MC. They are a really really good football team and the odds on favorite to win.

I don't know enough about SCN to analyze, but Nubin is a stud and should give MC's defense a test. That said, MC is averaging ~8 points allowed per game, and that is with playing the high powered offense of ESL and playing MS and LA. MC's defense is skilled and disciplined in every area.

That is real scary to hear... Should be quite the battle!

Secondary is very strong. Cornerback Eddie McGee is a 3 year starter, the other corner Davion Brooks is a 2 year starter, and then there’s Lenti who was just named all state at Safety. The real only hole in the defense is one of our linebacker is playing with a cast on his hand. Very impressed with what I’ve seen of SCN. Like I said before this will be a game.

Oh spare me the holier than thou attitude. You have a transfer from Mooseheart.
Stop the presses!
Not a transfer from Mooseheart!!
Possibly the most damning accusation I have ever heard in all my years on the board!!!

It should be a good game
all the professional prognosticators have picked Batavia #1 7A in the state all year now they are the underdog
MC sqeaks by LZ and then turn around and beat ESL so now they are unstoppable
MC the favorites in 7A
I havent seen MC live
I watched them online last week
I have seen SCN
Eringobragh have you seen SCN

This should be a good game. SCN has played a tough physical schedule. They will not be afraid of MC.
Both teams have played good schedules.

SCN will need a good game from their QB to win. MC plays great team defense , it should come down to who capitalizes on the other teams mistakes.

No I have not scene SCN play. It just seems to me that in the far western burbs, the “everyone gets a trophy” mentality pervades. And last I checked, that doesn’t fly in the IHSA semi-finals. I’m interested to see how good Tyler Nubin is. Being compared to Boykin and Smalling is no small praise!

Reactions: Gene K. and Fbfan14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT