ADVERTISEMENT

Max preps rating

Apparently the CPS Powers That Be have decided that Maxpreps rankings should play a huge roll in deciding conference realignment without having any knowledge of the algorithms Maxpreps uses to calculate the rankings. CPS Football continues to amaze with fantastic decisions.

Here are the rumblings I heard about the meeting last night.

The whole "realignment panel" was not in attendance.

There wasn't much of an explanation as to how or why they created realignment, other than the goal was to try and get more teams to be eligible for the state playoffs. They just stated they used 3 parts to create their formula. 3 year average of max preps ranking, school enrollment, and IHSA #.

They essentially told the Chicago conferences they play for nothing and are eligible for nothing but in 2 years they will try and redo everything again.

A lot of chaos, very few were happy with the realignment.

Shocking, are you trying to tell me the CPS had a poorly thought out plan, that they were unable to articulate well, that people hated? That hardly sounds like th...oh no wait that sounds exactly like them. Got to love the nepotism that got Jaton Jackson a job that clearly he can’t handle.

CPS conferences are out. Really just a reshuffling with a couple of loaded conferences.

Any chance of posting these new conferences? Is the information published somewhere?

There are 6 Illini Conferences now. I tried posting the email picture I got but wouldn't work. The worst conference looks to be:

Dunbar
Amundsen
Bogan
Foreman
Kelly
Von Steuben

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT