ADVERTISEMENT

Marist vs. Rice

ESCC Alum

Oct 29, 2015
Where is the chatter on this one?? Let's go!! Easily game of the week if not the season. Is this being broadcasted anywhere or have to suffer through NFHS?

RedHawks by 3 with now Ohio State-bound Jimmy Rolder rallying the Marist defense. Kid is a stud!

Reactions: Gene K.
Where is the chatter on this one?? Let's go!! Easily game of the week if not the season. Is this being broadcasted anywhere or have to suffer through NFHS?

RedHawks by 3 with now Ohio State-bound Jimmy Rolder rallying the Marist defense. Kid is a stud!
Did he commit there? I think it was just an offer, not sure if it’s a conditional offer or not

Also my bold prediction is Marist could win this one by double digits. Everyone knows that Rice lives and dies with Lausch. If Marist can have Rolder hawk Lausch and hit him on every play Marist could pull this one off in pretty fashion.

This is going to be a great game! Nice little tune-up before the playoffs for both teams.

Also my bold prediction is Marist could win this one by double digits. Everyone knows that Rice lives and dies with Lausch. If Marist can have Rolder hawk Lausch and hit him on every play Marist could pull this one off in pretty fashion.
Crusaders have too many offensive weapons

Teams have been spoiled by the mildest fall weather in my memory. 40’s tomorrow night, weather changes a lot about a game, especially for high school, will he interesting for here on out, don’t think we will see the ridiculous scores much more. After thinking about it this week I’ll go with BR 24-20....unless they made a change Marist didn’t have a good kicker when they played MC. I’m probably way off on the score though.

Honest question. I know we used to hit option QB on every play. It was within the rules. With option spread or even regular option is it still within the rules? Protecting the QB’s seems to be the rule of thumb now.

Honest question. I know we used to hit option QB on every play. It was within the rules. With option spread or even regular option is it still within the rules? Protecting the QB’s seems to be the rule of thumb now.
Used to do the same thing vs the option. Every play my job was to take out the pitch man, whether he had the ball or not. I would guess hitting a player without the ball would fall under "unnecessary roughness" in today's game

Much easier said than done.
You can hit him...if you can catch him! He actually seems to throw better on the run and I think it’s because BRs WR aren’t burners, they aren’t open right away, they don’t have a Smallings, but they got a lot of sure handed guys they just need an extra couple seconds to get open and down field. You won’t see BR running too many bubble screens

Arrows going back and forth BR v MC. Don’t know enough of the backstories to know who won the argument. I just ducked and covered until the inevitable flush
Arrows definitely fired in retaliation. I guess the guy who flushed the thread won? Go figure!

• MC’s young O-line completely dominated Rices D-line which was supposed to be the second coming once They were healthy. Didn’t happen nor has it happened since.

• Marists much more experienced O-line will do the same and that will be the difference maker.

• Expect Marist QB Jackson to have an enormous night tomorrow against BR suspect defense.

• Marist defense at home should have just enough to squeak out the win.

• Marist 35-31

Arrows definitely fired in retaliation. I guess the guy who flushed the thread won? Go figure!

• MC’s young O-line completely dominated Rices D-line which was supposed to be the second coming once They were healthy. Didn’t happen nor has it happened since.

• Marists much more experienced O-line will do the same and that will be the difference maker.

• Expect Marist QB Jackson to have an enormous night tomorrow against BR suspect defense.

• Marist 35-31
I could see that happening. Hoping you are wrong about the outcome, but that would be the recipe for a Marist win.

Rice’s D-line vs Marist O-line being a given, unless the Crusaders have found some Magic bullet in the last two weeks. Not holding my breath for it to happen.

But imagine it could lead to Jackson having a huge game which could be the difference maker.

Reactions: Queen4 and MC2023

• Marist 35-31
Based on Jackson's skill set as an effective running quarterback, this is an ideal circumstance. Behind a strong offensive line, run, run, and run some more. If I were Marist, I'd demand BR show that they can stop the run, which they haven't done this season against playoff opponents.
People may laugh, but I think limiting Marist to less than 300 yards rushing is a win for BR.

I see your forecast coming true, but I'm hopeful Lausch and company can have the ball last for a 38-35 win.

Last edited:
Reactions: MC2023
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT