ADVERTISEMENT

Marist @ Naz time change

Southland Fan 2016

Oct 13, 2016
Nazareth and Marist game has been moved up to 5:00 to beat severe weather later in the night. Any word on other games changing times?

Got asked what is the earliest I could get to my game . I would suggest you keep in touch with the game you plan on attending for changes.

34-13 could be 41-6 if not for controversial 95 yard or so scoop and score on what Marist claimed to be shovel pass not fumble. Plus Nazareth players sustaining lots of injuries.

But hey bring on Loyola Marist and Mt Carmel in division. Two very good Nazareth teams being handled by Marist back to back years. And Marist has a crazy small offensive line!

Enrollment MATTERS!

Final

I'd be remiss to say that, as it turns out, Marist/ND actually seems to have been the battle between the top two ESCC teams.

34-13 could be 41-6 if not for controversial 95 yard or so scoop and score on what Marist claimed to be shovel pass not fumble. Plus Nazareth players sustaining lots of injuries.

But hey bring on Loyola Marist and Mt Carmel in division. Two very good Nazareth teams being handled by Marist back to back years. And Marist has a crazy small offensive line!

Enrollment MATTERS!

1 minute left.

Looking forward to a breakdown of the game!

annnnd another 1000 post from No Bias--Just Reality about enrollment;)

(we get it and agree the best system would be 3 divisions with 8 teams strictly on enrollment.)

BUT! I have a feeling you have more to say on the issue:cool:

I think this Naz/Marist result is part of a huge Naz conspiracy to keep them out of the top division of the new conference. :cool:

Yes!!! They're waiting for their super class of 2021!!!

Gotta tank so they go undefeated and smoke 5a!

Keep heads up Naz. I personally like going into the playoffs with a loss instead of undefeated.

Undefeated teams can get cocky and sometimes play not to lose which gets them in trouble.

One loss teams get the loss out of their system, refocus and play to win.

Keep heads up Naz. I personally like going into the playoffs with a loss instead of undefeated.

Undefeated teams can get cocky and sometimes play not to lose which gets.them in trouble.

One loss teams get the loss out of their system, refocus and play to win.
True. The loss to Marist didn't hurt Naz last year either.

Reactions: bronco man
Wassup and unfortunately for pjjp we have seen a 5-4 school barley get into the playoffs and go on to win a State Championship. The regular season is overrated. Get your 5 plus wins, learn from your losses and get into the playoffs. That is where you make your bones.

Right now Rice is a 1 seed and LWE 2 due to opponent wins. Marist will be 8-1 and most likely get anywhere from 5-8 - HF will be 8-1 as well.

Was anyone actually at the game? How about a brief synopsis of what happened? Not shocked that Marist won, but the margin of victory is surprising, IMO.

Reactions: Fmarkett11
perhaps we forgot to reassess after we learned that LZ wasn't all they were cracked up to be. Benet seemed not to be the same Benet too. Naz is still a 7A favorite, but maybe not THE favorite.

Was anyone actually at the game? How about a brief synopsis of what happened? Not shocked that Marist won, but the margin of victory is surprising, IMO.[/QUOTE
Yes, I was there (before the York game)
Naz starts with a 3 and out (2 sacks I think - one was a crushing hit)
Marist then drives about 60 yards - fumble at the 3 and Naz returns for a TD - 97 yard scoop and run (0-7)
Marist answers - drives for a TD - 70 yards ish (7-7)
Naz then scores only offensive TD - about 35 yard TD pass on 3rd and long? Missed PAT - partially blocked then hit crossbar (7-13)
Marist answers with a FG after a PICK (10 -13)
The 2 more Marist TD's (last one with about 20 secs remaining (24-13 at H)
Marist gets ball to start 2H - eats about 6 mins of clock - 43 yard FG (27-13)
Then KEY PLAY of game with about 7 mins left - after a couple possessions/punts, NAZ drives but QB fumbles at the 2 yard line - the Marist defense never gave up on the play after it looked like an easy 6 after a 25 yard run - ball is recovered by Marist in end zone - they hold to a 14 pt lead
Marist then drives for final TD with about 4 mins to play (34-13)
Naz 4 plays and out
Game over
I'm sure I missed a few things -

I may have replied above too -
Yes, I was there (before the York game)
Naz starts with a 3 and out (2 sacks I think - one was a crushing hit)
Marist then drives about 60 yards - fumble at the 3 and Naz returns for a TD - 97 yard scoop and run (0-7)
Marist answers - drives for a TD - 70 yards ish (7-7)
Naz then scores only offensive TD - about 35 yard TD pass on 3rd and long? Missed PAT - partially blocked then hit crossbar (7-13)
Marist answers with a FG after a PICK (10 -13)
The 2 more Marist TD's (last one with about 20 secs remaining (24-13 at H)
Marist gets ball to start 2H - eats about 6 mins of clock - 43 yard FG (27-13)
Then KEY PLAY of game with about 7 mins left - after a couple possessions/punts, NAZ drives but QB fumbles at the 2 yard line - the Marist defense never gave up on the play after it looked like an easy 6 after a 25 yard run - ball is recovered by Marist in end zone - they hold to a 14 pt lead
Marist then drives for final TD with about 4 mins to play (34-13)
Naz 4 plays and out
Game over
I'm sure I missed a few things -
Then sat through 2+ QTRS at OPRF before delay/then postponement of game - 21-7 Huskies with almost a full half to play

Correction to above - it was a FG first for Marist to cut it to 3-7 and then a PICK that led to a short TD drive to make it 10-3 - long night!

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
Was anyone actually at the game? How about a brief synopsis of what happened? Not shocked that Marist won, but the margin of victory is surprising, IMO.

But most importantly - did the key people I am competing with in the ESCC game picking thread pick Naz?;) I will have to walk thru that thread tomorrow!! I might be back in the top 3 and in shooting distance of the title after my complete bed crapping 3-2 finish last week!

My first visit to Naz. Marist primarily ran the ball with Markett. Nothing fancy. No answer for Jadon Thompson. Game never in doubt.

First time I really got to watch Naz tonight...they are much smaller than I would have thought...couldn't see them hanging with East Side or Batavia.

I do think Batavia would be a big hurdle for Naz to beat.

There once was a team who's offensive and defensive lines were smaller than about 75% of the opponents they played.

This team went on to win 7 state championships in a row (Driscoll Catholic).

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT