ADVERTISEMENT

LWE vs H-F

How does this year’s LWE team compare to the 2017 and 2018 teams (both of which ended St. Charles East’s post season dreams...still hurts).

How does this year’s LWE team compare to the 2017 and 2018 teams (both of which ended St. Charles East’s post season dreams...still hurts).

To me they are a bit more explosive but may not be as deep. If East can stay healthy they can play with anyone. Key is can they stay healthy?

I might be in minority but I actually think this year's team is the least talented compared to 17 and 18. Just top to bottom. Of course that's not saying they aren't good. Overall I think the previous year teams had more individual studs. However, I think this year's squad is much more cohesive and play together at a better rate than last year for sure. Especially defensively.

They are most lethal when Williams is playing rb. Not sure of his status, but if he's out it's a big loss vs HF.

Mark...the 17 game you guys had it until the kickoff discovered AJ Hennings hands and Dominic Dziobans foot. Probably down some this year only because of injuries are the Griffins who have yet to field a 100% skill team. No complaining though with the results this TEAM has accomplished.

Reactions: markmacaluso
I might be in minority but I actually think this year's team is the least talented compared to 17 and 18. Just top to bottom. Of course that's not saying they aren't good. Overall I think the previous year teams had more individual studs. However, I think this year's squad is much more cohesive and play together at a better rate than last year for sure. Especially defensively.

They are most lethal when Williams is playing rb. Not sure of his status, but if he's out it's a big loss vs HF.
My opinion, 2018 was better than 2017 team or this year The offensive line in 2018 was something. Their QB (Balz) could sling the pill better than any QB since 2005. Obviously a healthy Henning this year can change the game.

I have seen nearly every East game since 2002 on the road or home. I think they will have all they can handle with HF. Unfortunately, I think there will be a record # of personal fouls for both teams. I hope I am wrong about this. I think the winner of this game becomes state champ.

Reactions: Iamjaytee
Mark...the 17 game you guys had it until the kickoff discovered AJ Hennings hands and Dominic Dziobans foot. Probably down some this year only because of injuries are the Griffins who have yet to field a 100% skill team. No complaining though with the results this TEAM has accomplished.

Good to hear from you. Best wishes to LWE. Class team every year.

Reactions: WIU78
My opinion, 2018 was better than 2017 team or this year The offensive line in 2018 was something. Their QB (Balz) could sling the pill better than any QB since 2005. Obviously a healthy Henning this year can change the game.

I have seen nearly every East game since 2002 on the road or home. I think they will have all they can handle with HF. Unfortunately, I think there will be a record # of personal fouls for both teams. I hope I am wrong about this. I think the winner of this game becomes state champ.
I agree with all points made surfer. I think you need to include two year starter at QB Blake Winkler who had a great touch with the football as well. At LWE QB1 has been a senior one year shot for most. Jack was a transfer who had to learn the system but would probably have been a two year starter as well. Still not the QB pedigree of Maine South as far as throwers, but adapting to the talent in house is special for the Griffs.

HF ran the ball right at the NV DL. The Cats didn’t have an answer for that HF OL. I’d venture to say that Beast won’t have that issue. I know it’s hard to beat a team twice but Besst isn’t an ordinary team.

Both teams are super athletic and very good.. let’s throw in the weather, how does that affect these guys?!?!

My past experience watching LWE is that bad weather would favor them over HF but I'm not sure how well that translates to this year's team.

I will say this to HF (also from experience in 2017), if you happen to get a lead on LWE in this game, DO NOT allow even the slightest of cracks in the window of opportunity for LWE. Do not go for it on 4th and short on your own side of the field when you already have the lead in the second half. Do not kick an extra point after scoring a "go ahead" TD when you should go for 2 instead to protect yourself from being beat by a last minute FG. Do not then kick the ensuing kickoff deep to their best returner. Sounds elementary right? Well @&%# me.

Mark...trust me even beneficiaries of that sequence remember it well. The play of the game was the catch StCharlesE made in the end zone on his belly...to come up with the TD. All the above mentioned items made zero sense to possibly icing that game away for the Saints.

I don’t know what is going to happen but last game was pretty even until the LWE defense got interested. HF, I think had 2 first downs in the second half

Reactions: EastBaby2022
Regarding ticket sales for this game, the process does not seem senior citizen-friendly. First of all, no advance sales of actual physical tickets occur during the week at either school in either the main or athletic office. Tickets can be purchased online, BUT (in smallish print on the website) one can not print it from the platform, only a mobile phone presentation is possible. Suppose the senior fan does not have or can not use a mobile phone? They are told to show up when the gates open and wait in line. Reasonable or not?

My past experience watching LWE is that bad weather would favor them over HF but I'm not sure how well that translates to this year's team.

I will say this to HF (also from experience in 2017), if you happen to get a lead on LWE in this game, DO NOT allow even the slightest of cracks in the window of opportunity for LWE. Do not go for it on 4th and short on your own side of the field when you already have the lead in the second half. Do not kick an extra point after scoring a "go ahead" TD when you should go for 2 instead to protect yourself from being beat by a last minute FG. Do not then kick the ensuing kickoff deep to their best returner. Sounds elementary right? Well @&%# me.
Man, I remember all of that, as I was pulling for the Saints to pull of the upset and save the Panthers of Oswego from the trip to LWE.

Reactions: markmacaluso
Regarding ticket sales for this game, the process does not seem senior citizen-friendly. First of all, no advance sales of actual physical tickets occur during the week at either school in either the main or athletic office. Tickets can be purchased online, BUT (in smallish print on the website) one can not print it from the platform, only a mobile phone presentation is possible. Suppose the senior fan does not have or can not use a mobile phone? They are told to show up when the gates open and wait in line. Reasonable or not?
I agree, but they just view it as everybody in their little High School world has a Smart Phone and knows everything it can do.

I did get a Smart Phone last year shortly after I turned 55 but I only got one because I was in the middle of recovering from a major hospitalization and one day my Comcast service (which is my phone provider) was down for over 5 hours leaving me with no way to contact the outside world. Later that day my daughter bought me a $30 Smart Phone and got my service started with a pre-paid Simple Mobile card.

I know how to text and now I can usually make or receive calls but beyond that I am totally lost. There is no possible way I could print a ticket from a text or however it was received.

Reactions: Gene K.
I agree, but they just view it as everybody in their little High School world has a Smart Phone and knows everything it can do.

I did get a Smart Phone last year shortly after I turned 55 but I only got one because I was in the middle of recovering from a major hospitalization and one day my Comcast service (which is my phone provider) was down for over 5 hours leaving me with no way to contact the outside world. Later that day my daughter bought me a $30 Smart Phone and got my service started with a pre-paid Simple Mobile card.

I know how to text and now I can usually make or receive calls but beyond that I am totally lost. There is no possible way I could print a ticket from a text or however it was received.
Another annoying part of this is My wife and I have season tickets that can only be viewed on one phone. She typically gets to the games before me and I have to call her to come to the gate to show my ticket.

This has everything to do with the August criminal investigation from Will County regarding LWC athletic boosters/program. Missing money related to tickets sold. Was in the news. As soon as this came up, they went to the new ticketing procedure to ensure total receipts of money tracking.

It’s high school football so anything can happen. It’s tough to beat a good team twice in a season but I think that East has what it takes to pull off such a feat against the Vikings.
You're an LWE guy. So, I will keep it simple and say it for you. HF's season ends this weekend. :)

Congratulations Kevin!! Did you graduate from a rotary phone? LOL!

You still may arrive at the gates before they open for ticket purchases. There is I am sure some of this related to the LWC athletic department, but pre-game ticket sales is a headache for the security system at any school. If you can keep the schools for students and teachers during the day it is really a safer environment for all. A pain but at least it has become , for whatever reason a less populated event over the years and crowd sizes have declined overall for HS football. Edgy? You coming to Frankfort this Saturday? Please?

This has everything to do with the August criminal investigation from Will County regarding LWC athletic boosters/program. Missing money related to tickets sold. Was in the news. As soon as this came up, they went to the new ticketing procedure to ensure total receipts of money tracking.
This "new ticketing procedure" ignores the cash transactions that are said to occur at the gate, so "total receipts" will not be the result. Knee-jerk reaction with unintended consequences that do not fully address the problem?

LMAO!!! And you're only in your mid-50's? Damn man my 90 year old grandma is more tech savvy than you!

Nothing at all to do with the Athletic Boosters, those are some hard working parents. All to do with the Athletic department.

Reactions: Bwm57
I get there around 30 minutes before and I've never seen the line longer than 2-3 people deep. Attendance is definitely down.

It'll be a good game. East's 2nd half against NND is eye opening, but East probably went vanilla with the game in hand with either NV or H-F on deck. Get the win and then show nothing.

Everybody (almost) is more Tech Savvy than me. :(

Do you listen to the games on one of these?

NMN69BX_mz.jpg

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT