Is Calpreps fair and balanced?

Would you agree with this outcome?

In case anyone asks CALPREPS.COM projects this morning:
LWE 21 ESL 19

For civil discussion purposes!

Oh Lord!!!!

For the sake of upload/download bitrates, data packages, and the entire internet, Please stop!!!!! It’s just not worth it!!

As a loyal Flyer Fan, for the sake of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, I wholeheartedly agree with this outcome!!!!

Oh Lord!!!!

For the sake of upload/download bitrates, data packages, and the entire internet, Please stop!!!!! It’s just not worth it!!

As a loyal Flyer Fan, for the sake of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, I wholeheartedly agree with this outcome!!!!
I have no dog in this fight. While I agree on the outcome I think it's a higher scoring game. Close but penalties and turnover decide the game.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
Just love all the CCL fans trying to justify MC being #1.

Fact of the matter is you wouldn't have beaten either LWE or Warren.
Simply not true! The two state title games were played in similar conditions and based on the offense productions alone, MC would win against either LWE and Warren! Defensively MC dominated the Naz offense that either LWE and Warren would have corralled but not without much more difficulty. I really liked both LWE and Warren and prior to the game Saturday would have considered them for the top team. Neither team would have stopped MC's offense on Saturday!

In case anyone asks CALPREPS.COM projects this morning:
LWE 21 ESL 19

For civil discussion purposes!

1130 CST update calpreps:
ESL 31 LWE 27

ESL 31 MC 24

LWE 21 MC 17

For the southsiders:
MC 21 SR 19
MC 28 BR 12
MC 24 Marist 14

Naz 28 SR 26
Naz 31 Marist 26
Naz 31 BR 17

SR 24 Marist 21
SR 27 BR 17

Marist 20 BR 17

I know computer programs are only as good as the info going in. Don't get crazy over this.

Someone else run the CCL/ESCC...

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
1130 CST update calpreps:
ESL 31 LWE 27

ESL 31 MC 24

LWE 21 MC 17

For the southsiders:
MC 21 SR 19
MC 28 BR 12
MC 24 Marist 14

Naz 28 SR 26
Naz 31 Marist 26
Naz 31 BR 17

SR 24 Marist 21
SR 27 BR 17

Marist 20 BR 17

I know computer programs are only as good as the info going in. Don't get crazy over this.

Someone else run the CCL/ESCC...
Calpreps said Naz was going to beat MC.....

Calpreps only does neutral field. Take it or leave it. Also I noticed someone stopped pumping maxpreps now that they put LWE at #1. You ESL guys are being too transparent.

Where is feeto? Does he get his upsets from Calpreps using scientific analysis to come up with his upset specials every Friday? Calpreps is a tool often right in the outcome and definitely wrong in many cases. Stand by my own internal analysis that MC is the #1 team in the State. To add fuel to the fire, I think ESL would have done better against LWE than Warren given that their offense is a hell of a lot better.

Using stats from the IHSA website, here is a comparison of how the winning teams in the 3 biggest classes performed in the title game relative to their opponent's season averages over 13 games in: passing yards, rushing yards and scoring:
  • LWE/WARREN: (16% of passing, 11% of rushing, 35 fewer points)
  • MC/NAZ: (54% of passing, 13% of rushing, 25.4 fewer points)
  • ESL/PR: (182% of passing, 111% of rushing, 27 fewer points).
Yes, "figures lie and liars figure," so the forum readership can spin these toward their own narrative.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT