ADVERTISEMENT

LWE vs ESL who is number one?

Interesting how everyone is on here is taking shots at OTHER teams in order to try and make THEIR team look better. Except for the Flyers..........
The numbers speak for themselves!
It's funny - I was thinking the same thing. Its a lesson my wife and I taught our kids. The big dog doesn't need to bark. There's a lot of barking going on right now..

Your opinion.

They are the owners of the official "National Champions" so I can go with that for now.
I believe to start the 2016 season they had LA ranked #11 in the country. I love my Ramblers and they were fantastic in 2015, but they were not the 11th best team in the country. I think we can both agree on that. Did you play for ESL?

Reactions: Gene K.
I don't know about all this nonsense but I can tell you a certain #1 in my book...

Loyola Academy had the most entertaining student game commentators on their stream that I have heard in a long time.

Now...back to your petty war. :)

I believe to start the 2016 season they had LA ranked #11 in the country. I love my Ramblers and they were fantastic in 2015, but they were not the 11th best team in the country. I think we can both agree on that. Did you play for ESL?

I played for ESL Lincoln and its not for me to agree or disagree. It's USA Todays opinion. USA today just happen to be the owner of the "National Champions" that is recognized throughout the country. I am a person that feels that no one's opinion is more dominate than the others. Currently you are trying to make your opinion supersede theirs. Your choice.

It's funny - I was thinking the same thing. Its a lesson my wife and I taught our kids. The big dog doesn't need to bark. There's a lot of barking going on right now..

CCLMan The big dog does bark but also does defend The MC, Naz and ESL fans can now take over.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I see it you guys can rank these teams any way you want to. The fact still remains
2019 ESL 3A Basketball state champions
2019 ESL 2A Girls Track state champions
2019 ESL 2A Boys Track state champions
2019 ESL 6A Football state champions

Keep your rankings I will take the state champions

The way I see it you guys can rank these teams any way you want to. The fact still remains
2019 ESL 3A Basketball state champions
2019 ESL 2A Girls Track state champions
2019 ESL 2A Boys Track state champions
2019 ESL 6A Football state champions

Keep your rankings I will take the state champions

Then why do you continue to claim the 89 team were national champs when they were not? They were a top ten ten just not national champs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_School_Football_National_Championship

1130 CST update calpreps:
ESL 31 LWE 27

ESL 31 MC 24

LWE 21 MC 17

For the southsiders:
MC 21 SR 19
MC 28 BR 12
MC 24 Marist 14

Naz 28 SR 26
Naz 31 Marist 26
Naz 31 BR 17

SR 24 Marist 21
SR 27 BR 17

Marist 20 BR 17

I know computer programs are only as good as the info going in. Don't get crazy over this.

Someone else run the CCL/ESCC...
Now that I've played with the site today I'll make better picks next season.

MC has never lost to LWE and hasn't lost to ESL since 1987.

Therefore MC is #1.
LWE has a strange history vs the CCL. They are 8-0 lifetime v Rice and Providence but 0-5 lifetime vs Rita and MC. And even with LA. Other Catholics... 1-0 v Montini and 1-0 v Marist and 2-0 v Carmel. And 1-0 v Marian Catholic I think I’m accurate. I do hope they get a 4th meeting with MC some day. I remember in 1975 when the MC players took their jerseys off after a game v St Laurence that proclaimed “we beat St Laurence!”

Reactions: WIU78
I think any conversation for best in Illinois without mc isnt valid.

I still think, of those 3 I'd pick esl. But they all have a case
Ok so we will add MC into the mix and do like the NCAA. The top 4 would be 2 seed ESL vs 3 seed MC. And we have 1 seed LWE v ???????

I think any conversation for best in Illinois without mc isnt valid.

I still think, of those 3 I'd pick esl. But they all have a case

I started the thread at 0728 hrs. Calpreps updated their site at about 1130 CST. My personal picks are:

LWE
MC
ESL

Anyone can make a case for any of the three.

Later in the week I'll start a thread who are the biggest wack job posters on this topic.

I've picked LWE as #1 throughout the year, but man... Mt Carmel looked pretty good against Naz. I'm not sure that I could pick a #1 between those two and ESL isn't too far behind.

“If they gon’ hate just let em’ hate and watch the NUMBERS pile up”

Looks like a bunch of D1 athletes to me. Can’t wait to see some of them on Saturdays. And the others? They’ll be back to stink things up again next year........

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT