ADVERTISEMENT

Loyola hoops

Actually I believe that a material amount of the population already has the virus. Which is good in a way because there haven't been mass hospitalization. Also, it will mean more folks are walking around who are already immune to the virus which is a good thing as well.

Not everyone who is infected with Covid 19 and survive will be immune from reinfection. I know you aren't exactly saying that everyone who gets it will be immune, but it's important to note that the jury is still out on reinfection because the data is so new and incomplete in that regard.

This whole thing is so overblown and disgusting. I am not saying people shouldn't be prepared. But, come on. You have those in the media instructing people how to wash their hands? Really? And they feel the need to tell people things they should be doing that is basic common sense? My mother taught me how to properly wash my hands when I was three. If you don't know how to wash your hands properly you are an idiot.

This is another exercise and illustration of how many people in this country are sheep and are followers. I went to Wal Mart to get a few packs of toilet paper this morning. They were completely out of it. WTF? Seriously? What idiot told people to stock up on paper goods. The damned virus in not an intestinal disease. You won't have to go to the bathroom any more than usual. This is the Y2K crap all over again. Hey! Let's all stock up on water, paper products and whatever else the morons in the media are telling us to stock up on.

Why the hell don't we all just build bomb shelters and hide in them?

It is amazing how easily people in this country can become panicked. And the media is behind most of it if not all of it. Thirty thousand people died in the USA between 2009 and 2010 of swine flu. Over 300,000 were hospitalized as a result of that same flu. We survived and no sports were cancelled. AND NO HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS WERE CANCELLED EITHER. I will say right now. The numbers for the coronavirus aren't going to approach those numbers. You watch.

People are running around making fools of themselves like a bunch of scared ants.

I feel horrible for the kids in college who are in their final year of eligibility. And not just basketball, all sports in the spring.

Call it overreaction or media driven but if you choose to, figure out how you would take that same mantra and explain it to these athletes.

it sucks in many levels. But it is the absolute right thing to do.

When do the lawsuits start against the NCAA to let them play? Oh sorry I got confused with the IHSA football playoffs.

This whole thing is so overblown and disgusting. I am not saying people shouldn't be prepared. But, come on. You have those in the media instructing people how to wash their hands? Really? And they feel the need to tell people things they should be doing that is basic common sense? My mother taught me how to properly wash my hands when I was three. If you don't know how to wash your hands properly you are an idiot.

This is another exercise and illustration of how many people in this country are sheep and are followers. I went to Wal Mart to get a few packs of toilet paper this morning. They were completely out of it. WTF? Seriously? What idiot told people to stock up on paper goods. The damned virus in not an intestinal disease. You won't have to go to the bathroom any more than usual. This is the Y2K crap all over again. Hey! Let's all stock up on water, paper products and whatever else the morons in the media are telling us to stock up on.

Why the hell don't we all just build bomb shelters and hide in them?

It is amazing how easily people in this country can become panicked. And the media is behind most of it if not all of it. Thirty thousand people died in the USA between 2009 and 2010 of swine flu. Over 300,000 were hospitalized as a result of that same flu. We survived and no sports were cancelled. AND NO HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS WERE CANCELLED EITHER. I will say right now. The numbers for the coronavirus aren't going to approach those numbers. You watch.

People are running around making fools of themselves like a bunch of scared ants.
TL;DR

I have a Theory for the run on Toilet Paper BUT you won't like it.

On Popular TV shows like "the Living Dead" the writers who quickly run out of any useful writing ideas lead the way to this overreaction. The characters on this show were always talking about the one thing they missed the most since the collapse of civilization was "Quality Toilet Paper" and that it had become the most valuable resource, more valuable than guns, food or vehicles.

So now you have idiots with garages and basements full of toilet paper.

I told you that you wouldn't like my Theory. o_O

Reactions: Gene K. and ignazio
I have a Theory for the run on Toilet Paper BUT you won't like it.

On Popular TV shows like "the Living Dead" the writers who quickly run out of any useful writing ideas lead the way to this overreaction. The characters on this show were always talking about the one thing they missed the most since the collapse of civilization was "Quality Toilet Paper" and that it had become the most valuable resource, more valuable than guns, food or vehicles.

So now you have idiots with garages and basements full of toilet paper.

I told you that you wouldn't like my Theory. o_O
I don't agree. Stupid people watch these morons in the media. They hear the word "flu" when covid 19 is being talked about. Then, the stupid people equate one with the other. In other words, they don't hear the part about the virus being a respiratory illness. They just hear "flu" and run to the store. Dumb asses.

I don't agree. Stupid people watch these morons in the media. They hear the word "flu" when covid 19 is being talked about. Then, the stupid people equate one with the other. In other words, they don't hear the part about the virus being a respiratory illness. They just hear "flu" and run to the store. Dumb asses.

Chill out. Be kind. Let people take care of themselves in their own way. Educate yourself. Diarrhea is being reported as a symptom of COVID 19.

https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/publications/p02608.pdf

Chill out. Be kind. Let people take care of themselves in their own way. Educate yourself. Diarrhea is being reported as a symptom of COVID 19.

https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/publications/p02608.pdf
Look at the date I wrote it. At that time I was correct and people were buying a ton of it. IF what you say is true do people really need to buy 10 packs of toilet paper with 12 mega rolls in each? Hell, if you do get the sh*ts, by the time you get to the end of the first pack you'll probably be dead from dehydration anyway.

I have been through a lot of flu seasons and not once can I remember stores running out of toilet paper.

Last edited:
Look at the date I wrote it. At that time I was correct and people were buying a ton of it. IF what you say is true do people really need to buy 10 packs of toilet paper with 12 mega rolls in each? Hell, if you do get the sh*ts, by the time you get to the end of the first pack you'll probably be dead from dehydration anyway.

I have been through a lot of flu seasons and not once can I remember stores running out of toilet paper.

I knew back on the date that you wrote it that the virus had diarrhea as one of several possible symptoms. Stop arguing. This is no conspiracy. People are in panic and panic feeds on itself. Let it play out. Telling people who are doing what they think they need to do to protect themselves and their families that they are stupid and dumb asses is not helpful.

Reactions: USD24
I knew back on the date that you wrote it that the virus had diarrhea as one of several possible symptoms. Stop arguing. This is no conspiracy. People are in panic and panic feeds on itself. Let it play out. Telling people who are doing what they think they need to do to protect themselves and their families that they are stupid and dumb asses is not helpful.
And it isn't helpful to constantly go to the store only to see the TP shelf empty. Where did I use the word "conspiracy?" Why don't you just read the words I write and comment on that instead of trying to expand and add words I never wrote just to make yourself look better?

The fact is, some people aren't being reasonable. I went to the store last Thursday to get TP. Not to stock up. There were 8 packs left and I bought what I usually buy...four. I left the other four for someone else. That was reasonable.

While in the same store, I saw a woman in the soup aisle and with her arm she brushed every single can of soup into her cart which she positioned below the shelf. There must have been 30 cans or more. She left none for anyone else. People were staring at her in disgust. Those are the people I am talking about when I call them dumb asses. She was a dumb ass...probably still is.

I know there is panic. But, I think a lot of it is unreasonable and it's going to get worse.

In two weeks, I’ll be picking up toilet paper for pennies on the dollar.

LMAO
It’s American made! We won’t run out. People are panicking and buying the one thing I don’t believe will be a problem getting. The people that make TP might be the few that actually have a job through this craziness.

Reactions: ignazio
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT